PDA

View Full Version : Young Farmers In Thurso

The Pepsi Challenge
16-Feb-07, 18:44
I couldn't resist mentioning the fact that 500 Young (sorry, "ewe-ung") Farmers (sorry, "ferr-mers") will be descedning on Thurso for a piss-up that'll no doubt go down in local folklore. Personally, it would be my worst nightmare encountering that lot, but then again, to be a fly on the wall to hear what'll come out their mouths might be intriguing. Good luck to anyone who speaks the Queens English, wears a brightly coloured shirt, and looks, well... different. I'd stay at home if I were you.

Wellies
16-Feb-07, 19:19
I am not sure what you are implying but when I was a young farmer we were a group of people who promoted the county life and friendship. Oh and also everyone understood what we said. I think you should read what your quote is before making comments like that.[mad]

The Pepsi Challenge
16-Feb-07, 19:34
Nae offence, pal, I just find them funny in a weird kinda way. Send me the hospital reports. Joking, just joking. :)

Wellies
16-Feb-07, 20:13
Apology accepted. Thanks for the PM

webmannie
16-Feb-07, 22:05
Wellie, you must have been a 'quiet one'. From my recollection of the shenanigans at one Weigh Inn 'Yowng Fermers' Ball, they'll be behind every nook and cranny in the town 'snekin' fair maidens

Scaraben1976
17-Feb-07, 02:17
Ah to be a fly on the wall of the toilets in the royal next weekend so see what naughty goings on are, well going on.

I believe though that the Royal is closed to the public next weekend and only the Young Farmers will be in the place (well with 500 of them will be no space for anyone else).

Personally, I think the place will be like a MAD FRIDAY..........

peedie
17-Feb-07, 11:45
actually its a bit like a round two from the conference which was last month in granton on spey! and we're not that bad really :roll:

Wellies
17-Feb-07, 11:47
Webmannie don't worry I know I got my education in drinking with the YFs. But the most of us were not uneducated, rude and incomprehensable and that was the point I was making. I agree that I wasn't one of the fermers snekin maidens as I am a lassie and not a loon.

Torvaig
17-Feb-07, 11:54
I couldn't resist mentioning the fact that 500 Young (sorry, "ewe-ung") Farmers (sorry, "ferr-mers") will be descedning on Thurso for a piss-up that'll no doubt go down in local folklore. Personally, it would be my worst nightmare encountering that lot, but then again, to be a fly on the wall to hear what'll come out their mouths might be intriguing. Good luck to anyone who speaks the Queens English, wears a brightly coloured shirt, and looks, well... different. I'd stay at home if I were you.

And the farmers know how to spell "descending"! ;)

Torvaig
17-Feb-07, 12:18
I am not sure what you are implying but when I was a young farmer we were a group of people who promoted the county life and friendship. Oh and also everyone understood what we said. I think you should read what your quote is before making comments like that.[mad]

Of course everyone knew what was said as the young farmers are very well trained in how speak in debates etc. Hence the many prizes coming North for their speech-making.

At home of course, they are not ashamed of their Caithness dialect unlike some of our more up and coming yuppies. Yes I know yuppies is an ancient description these days but then Caithness is always trailing that wee bit behind the rest of the country. ;)

Caithnessians are not the only ones who have to tailor their language when speaking to folks from a' the 'airts. Ever hear a Geordie in full flow? Or Glaswegian, Aberdonian etc., etc. They all have to modify their mither tongue to make themselves understood.

I have no doubt that some of them did and will go over the score with their merry-making but no more than round tablers, footballers, rugby players, club members or any other organisation.

Metalattakk
17-Feb-07, 12:24

Young Farmers - 1
Jumped-up pseudo-intellectuals - 0

:D

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Feb-07, 13:10

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn! That's so 2001.

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Feb-07, 13:12
Young Farmers - 1
Jumped-up pseudo-intellectuals - 0

:D

Lovely, thanks :)

Torvaig
17-Feb-07, 13:28
Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn! That's so 2001.

Take a look at the top of this board as you've obviously forgotten; you started this. Were we supposed to sit back and accept you having a go at a group of people you obviously consider to be a bunch of country hicks?

May your plate never be empty! ;) And lighten up, it's only a forum!

Kewl man! (Or should that be "dude"?) :lol:

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Feb-07, 13:51
No, you've just mistaken me for someone who gives a toss.

Torvaig
17-Feb-07, 14:46

"Take a look at the top of this board as you've obviously forgotten;:roll: "

The end.... I have no more toys left! :lol:

Metalattakk
17-Feb-07, 14:47

So you've just admitted to starting a thread to provoke a reaction. Isn't that considered 'flaming' on these boards?

I thought someone with your (so-called) intellectual status would be above these sort of things, but alas no. You seem to be displaying exactly the same crude and neanderthalic behaviour of those you accuse.

There's your box over in the corner. Get back in it.

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Feb-07, 15:43
Speak fur yersel, metalman. I'm no intellectual; in fact I can barely breath I'm such a neanderthal. Knuckles fairly get a good scrapin', too.

Metalattakk
17-Feb-07, 15:55
Aye, that 'Edit' button sure comes in handy, eh? [lol]

No, you're right. You certainly are no intellectual. You just think you are.

Continue to look down your nose at people all you want, but every time you type your random thoughts in this forum you come across as someone who wishes that he were better than others.

But fair do's to you, you keep coming back for more, so maybe, just maybe you have a chance of learning something.

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Feb-07, 16:09
I know I'm better than you. And I made the edit for your benefit.

Metalattakk
17-Feb-07, 16:23
I know I'm better than you. And I made the edit for your benefit.

I'll treat that with the contempt it deserves.

peedie
17-Feb-07, 16:36

clearly you do as you have felt the need to get the last word in over every reply left for you :roll:

i'm looking forward to it, i've met a lot of good friends through young farmers. we're not just a drunken shower.... honest [lol]

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Feb-07, 16:52
but, but, but, but...

jinglejangle
17-Feb-07, 17:25
Pepsi Challenge - it surprises me why you bother with the Caithness.org - you don't seem to like anything about Caithness and make cheap jibes the whole time about everything associated with Caithness. If you so glad to get away from Caithness why bother keep coming back to comment on whats going on! And I am not a young farmer ........ or an old one for that matter! :confused

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Feb-07, 17:59
You been working for Dounreay long?

jinglejangle
17-Feb-07, 18:04
I don't work at Dounreay if you are referring to me! Wrong again with your assumptions!

connieb19
17-Feb-07, 18:08
Whats wrong with someone who works at Dounreay anyway? [disgust] :confused

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Feb-07, 18:08
Everything, obviously.

jinglejangle
17-Feb-07, 18:10
As I said I don't work at Dounreay! How long have you been slagging Caithness and everything in it off for? If it so bad why is your nose bothering you enough to keep looking at the caithness web pages! Your great life in Edinburgh can't be up to much if you keep returning to home!

connieb19
17-Feb-07, 18:10
Everything, obviously.
You'll have to explain better than that, we're not all as well educated as yourself. :roll:

fred
17-Feb-07, 18:23
So you've just admitted to starting a thread to provoke a reaction. Isn't that considered 'flaming' on these boards?

No, posting to provoke a reaction is "trolling", "flaming" is what the rest are doing :-)

Metalattakk
17-Feb-07, 18:47
I stand corrected fred. I knew it wasn't quite right.

Moral of the story?

Don't feed the trolls.

webmannie
17-Feb-07, 19:38
everybody just ignore pepsi, she'll go away. An egomaniac hates being ignored, drives them insane, well, more insane than they already are.

Phoebus_Apollo
17-Feb-07, 21:18
Don`t feed the troll.