PDA

View Full Version : recommendation replies

broxibear
07-Dec-13, 22:03
Anyone know why my replies to several threads are not getting posted?

Dadie
07-Dec-13, 22:26
The recommendation replies "sit" for a while until the moderators OK them.
To stop people/companies getting bad recommendations.

ywindythesecond
07-Dec-13, 22:55
I don't understand what this is about. What is a "recommendation reply"?

Dadie
07-Dec-13, 23:28
There is a section on recommendations...
If you scroll through the menu ...like pets section ..general forum ..doanaldins diary..For sale..Wanted etc..
If you reply to a thread in that section it can take a few days for your reply to appear if its approved by the mods.

ywindythesecond
08-Dec-13, 00:04
Ok thanks dadie got it now. If someone recommends a commercial organisation, you need to check it is a genuine recommendation, not someone promoting themself.

Dadie
08-Dec-13, 00:13
or a damning dont go there ever...kinda of a non recommendation by an unhappy customer .....that the company might take offense to..and threaten to sue the pants of the org to get it removed!

DMFB
08-Dec-13, 00:22
Oh I get it so you can only recommend someone or something nicely. It can only be positive recommendations. If you have a terrible experience then you just have to let others find out for themselves. Thats just so wrong. Oh well I suppose the local companies have it all sewn up then do a terrible job then toss your toys out the pram if someone puts it p on the org rather than contacting the person and saying how can we put it right.

Dadie
08-Dec-13, 00:33
no....there is a loophole ...
You can pm them ...
And tell em in secret why not to touch so and so with a bargepole!
If their message box is empty enough to do so...many might have flooded their inbox with horror stories before you ....
If full send a your inbox is full message in the general section....

golach
08-Dec-13, 00:42
Oh I get it so you can only recommend someone or something nicely. It can only be positive recommendations. If you have a terrible experience then you just have to let others find out for themselves. Thats just so wrong. Oh well I suppose the local companies have it all sewn up then do a terrible job then toss your toys out the pram if someone puts it p on the org rather than contacting the person and saying how can we put it right.

Simples read the rules http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?142360-Recommendations-Posting-Rules

DMFB
08-Dec-13, 01:54
Simples read the rules http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?142360-Recommendations-Posting-Rules

thanks but no thanks. Im only passing comment on the irony of a recommendations section which is positive only.You can only recommend to use not avoid.I accept the rules but can comment on them when someone starts a thread.

spurtle
08-Dec-13, 10:46
I guess it's the same as not being allowed to give a bad reference

Mik.M.
08-Dec-13, 10:51
If you post a negative comment it gets removed and if it`s one of the Org masters mates it gets removed even quicker. True story.

ducati
08-Dec-13, 10:58
Two types of post, like, where can I get or who's best to provide? and I got great service from... What's wrong with that?

If you want to complain about something do the usual, contact the company, trading standards, CAB etc.

Alice in Blunderland
08-Dec-13, 15:59
Oh how I wish we could recommend who not to go near in this section. We have been well and truly let down by our local builder. I am now out of my house over Christmas in temporary accommodation thanks to the inability of my builder to put his hands up and accept that his local subcontractors have screwed up big time with my house. Three months down and two more to go whilst my new house is sorted. Can I recommend on here no one go near him with a barge pole, nope the builder might complain. However I did post for folks to just pm me for details and I was inundated with requests. there's more than one way to skin a cat. Roll on next year when I can finally have my house sorted.Edit.. It'd not the builder fixing my house I am getting it done through the NHBC so it is worth looking at your policy all you people out there in new builds. It can be a lifesaver when you feel well and truly shafted.

poppett
08-Dec-13, 17:07
Still out the house Alice??? Heavens above they could have sent Mike Holmes over from Canada and he could have knocked it down and rebuilt it on proper foundations in less time than this has taken.

Note to new folks with new builds.....Alice was lucky her NHBC policy went live. Others have not been so lucky and had paid the money to the contractors but it was never passed on the the NHBC. When they tried to make a claim the policy number they had on their invoice was false.

If they make cat skinning an olympic event you would win hands down with all the practice you have had this last year.

Rheghead
08-Dec-13, 21:29
or a damning dont go there ever...kinda of a non recommendation by an unhappy customer .....that the company might take offense to..and threaten to sue the pants of the org to get it removed!

It seems a person can say anything about a local wind farm business, however groundless, and still not face the consequences wrt your valid points.

It seems they are fair game or an exception.