PDA

View Full Version : Ship anchored off of Auckengill

neepnipper
16-Feb-07, 11:20
There's been a ship anchored off of Auckengill for 3 days now, don't know if it's broken down or it just likes the scenery!

It looks lovely at night all lit up and it's fascinating to see it moving around with the tides, it looks like a container ship but I'm not sure.

Never seen a ship anchored there before so it must have a problem.

north_skye
16-Feb-07, 13:28
Yip we can see it from Keiss as well, looks like an unladed oil tanker , as she sits very high in the water, can only imagine something is broken, or the crew have mutinied and head for dry land . :)

peter macdonald
16-Feb-07, 13:36
Ship is the Penelop a Bahamas reg Tanker 255m long 44m beam 8m draft awaiting orders IMO number 9325908

neepnipper
16-Feb-07, 14:15
Wonder if I could hitch a lift back to the Bahamas!

scotsboy
16-Feb-07, 15:46
Probably never been near the Bahamas.......such is the sad state of International shipping and flags of convenience. Nice thought though.

Doolally
16-Feb-07, 16:28
Waiting to get into Flotta, maybe?

peedie man
16-Feb-07, 17:18
PenelopExpected 1730hrs / 16th Feb, to anchor in Scapa Flow and move to Flotta Terminal pm/18th.

JimH
16-Feb-07, 21:17
I am amazed at the info that comes with Caithness.org.
You only have to mention a subject or item, whether it be animal, vegetable, Mineral or abstract. If you wonder or question or even think aloud - the answer will appear.
BRILLIANT!!!!

footie chick
16-Feb-07, 21:20
You only have to mention a subject or item, whether it be animal, vegetable, Mineral or abstract. If you wonder or question or even think aloud - the answer will appear.
BRILLIANT!!!!

I know what ever did we do without the power of the org! lol no question goes unanswered.

Alice in Blunderland
16-Feb-07, 21:24
BRILLIANT!!!!

Its amazing what you can find out if you google it. :lol: [lol] Then post it on the org. joking joking

davem
16-Feb-07, 23:22
PenelopExpected 1730hrs / 16th Feb, to anchor in Scapa Flow and move to Flotta Terminal pm/18th.

How on earth did you find that out
Impressed of Greenland

Dog-eared
17-Feb-07, 16:06
www.orkneyharbours.com (http://www.orkneyharbours.com)

Box at right , click on shipping .

Good forecasts ,too , and live weather from all over Orkney, including from the "Barrell o' Butter " !!

northener
17-Feb-07, 19:39
Thats what the Penelope wants you to think.

She's been secretly landing wind turbine and nuclear reactor parts into Auckengill's hi-tech Freeport facilities.

Oh, and she's also got a cargo of illegal immigrants from Helmsdale.

badger
17-Feb-07, 19:54
Maybe that was what I saw past Dunnet Head this morning. Had to get binoculars out and couldn't believe how big it was. The answer to everything is on the .org :)