PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted Alert

Stargazer
15-Feb-07, 20:28
I installed the latest Internet Explorer 7 and now when I start up the computer this window pops up and annoyingly requires 'OK' before the computer completes its start up. The message says

Smartbridge Alerts:BTHelpnotifier.exe - Entry Point not Found

&

The procedure entrypoint GETProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link PSAPI.DLL

Eveything works ok, anybody know how to stop this message coming up?

Thanks

fred
15-Feb-07, 22:03
I installed the latest Internet Explorer 7 and now when I start up the computer this window pops up and annoyingly requires 'OK' before the computer completes its start up. The message says

Smartbridge Alerts:BTHelpnotifier.exe - Entry Point not Found

&

The procedure entrypoint GETProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link PSAPI.DLL

Eveything works ok, anybody know how to stop this message coming up?

Thanks

Click on Start then search, search for PSAPI.DLL, rename all but the latest one to something else like PSAPI.BCK.

Bobinovich
15-Feb-07, 22:16
If that doesn't work click Start > All Programs > Startup then RIGHT CLICK on the BT Help icon (not sure of exact name) and choose Delete from the pop-up menu.

Hope that works.

Stargazer
18-Feb-07, 16:52
Thanks Bobinovich. I tried your second option and uninstalled the programme and the problem has gone. I hate the way Windows insists on getting an answer every time it finds a problem that does not matter.

Tony
18-Feb-07, 20:36
Hi!
The problem is with B.T Help as you updated to I.E.7 with an early version of B.T Help and the cure was to activate this by clicking on the B.T Help icon and B.T Help would automatically update to the later version. Alternatively enter the services section of the B.T account and update by downloading the latest software.:D