PDA

View Full Version : Hopes of traffic wardens reprieve

2little2late
04-Dec-13, 04:18
Eleventh hour bid by Highland MSP in meeting with police chief.

Let's have done with the traffic warden altogether. Let's face it, he hasn't made any difference to Wick town parking. After all vehicles still park where they shouldn't be. I remember when Wick got it's very own warden Bridge Street and High street were free of illegally parked vehicles for about 2 weeks. Now it's as bad as it was before. Why waste public money on a traffic warden who doesn't issue parking tickets when necessary? A total waste of public money.

mi16
04-Dec-13, 07:32
Correct, IMO a total waste of my money.

Birons
04-Dec-13, 08:43
I'm sorry, but I disagree. The presence in town of the traffic warden does most certainly keep the traffic flowing in Wick and when he is off work for a long period the sales of logs and peat drop off because people can't get parked outside our shop to pick them up. Love him or hate him, he does his job well.

neilsermk1
06-Dec-13, 13:43
How's this for a suggestion,
Offer the post as unsalaried, payment will be 50% of fines collected, and see how many tickets are issued.
You might have to pay for the body guards though.
:lol:

mi16
06-Dec-13, 13:58
How's this for a suggestion, Offer the post as unsalaried, payment will be 50% of fines collected, and see how many tickets are issued.You might have to pay for the body guards though.:lol:Probably the worst idea I have ever heard

pat
06-Dec-13, 14:37
Or the traffic warden would be accompanied by a police officer as witness to abuse warden subjected to in lawful pursuit of occupation - until people realise the traffic warden is only doing a job and if they get a ticket they have broken the law, accept the fact, pay the fine, learn from their misdemeanor

mi16
06-Dec-13, 14:43
Or the traffic warden would be accompanied by a police officer as witness to abuse warden subjected to in lawful pursuit of occupation - until people realise the traffic warden is only doing a job and if they get a ticket they have broken the law, accept the fact, pay the fine, learn from their misdemeanoranother terrible idea, surely should just bin the warden and let the policeman issue the ticket, therefore saving on an employee

neilsermk1
08-Dec-13, 23:32
another terrible idea, surely should just bin the warden and let the policeman issue the ticket, therefore saving on an employee
I don't much care who does it as long as someone does

neilsermk1
08-Dec-13, 23:33
Probably the worst idea I have ever heard
It was very much tongue in cheek mi

Big Gaz
08-Dec-13, 23:56
Maybe this would cure the problem?

The oldest parking signs ever discovered read "ROYAL ROAD - LET NO MAN DECREASE IT". The penalty for parking a chariot on this road was death followed by impaling outside one's own home.

ywindythesecond
09-Dec-13, 01:03
How's this for a suggestion,
Offer the post as unsalaried, payment will be 50% of fines collected, and see how many tickets are issued.
You might have to pay for the body guards though.
:lol:
I actually sort of agree. We do have laws that control traffic and parking and litter and flytipping and dog fouling and so on, but they don't work because local authorities charged with imposing them don't have the resources to impose them. For example, will we have a child care person or a litter warden?
If an enterprising person was appointed to do litter duty in Thurso by applying fines he would work himself out of a job in a month.

mi16
09-Dec-13, 09:10
I actually sort of agree. We do have laws that control traffic and parking and litter and flytipping and dog fouling and so on, but they don't work because local authorities charged with imposing them don't have the resources to impose them. For example, will we have a child care person or a litter warden?
If an enterprising person was appointed to do litter duty in Thurso by applying fines he would work himself out of a job in a month.

Therefore why would you take on a job that was only going to last a month?
Once the job is gone folk start chucking litter again.
An enterprising person cannot just decide on a monday morning to go out fining folk, not unless he fancies a bleeding nose at least.
Its akin to these Muslim patrols in London trying to adopt Sharia law in certain areas of the capital.

Better Out Than In
13-Dec-13, 15:18
Maybe this would cure the problem?

The oldest parking signs ever discovered read "ROYAL ROAD - LET NO MAN DECREASE IT". The penalty for parking a chariot on this road was death followed by impaling outside one's own home.

Sure it wasn't the other way around

Birons
13-Mar-14, 23:33
I can confirm without a shadow of a doubt that not having a traffic warden or someone to monitor the parking situation in the town is having a negative affect on business.

To compound the fact that my regular customers are finding it increasingly difficult to stop near our shop to load goods, I had a pallet delivery returned to Inverness yesterday and had to be brought back up on a van today because the lorry driver couldn't get parked anywhere on Bridge street to make the drop.

jacko
14-Mar-14, 00:00
another terrible idea, surely should just bin the warden and let the policeman issue the ticket, therefore saving on an employee

And get a copper out of his car,,, now that,s so cruel of you. tut tut.

Droopy
14-Mar-14, 08:39
How's this for a suggestion, Offer the post as unsalaried, payment will be 50% of fines collected, and see how many tickets are issued.You might have to pay for the body guards though.:lol:I've a good idea!

Not News Donaldson could do this on his way to the court and back.......and if you park for too long he could write about it on his forum here, and then for eternity your children, grand children, great grand children, future employers, friends and family can read all about your little misdemeanor by a simple google search. (Unless you own a local hotel)

Good old Not News.

concerned resident
14-Mar-14, 09:15
The Poor Economic Growth in the county and the very Bleak looking future, it might be a good idea to save the money, it also gave a very poor service when there was traffic wardens.

linnie612
14-Mar-14, 11:07
(Unless you own a local hotel)

Hahahahahahaha :lol: