PDA

View Full Version : RIP all those who have lost their lives in Glasgow

golach
02-Dec-13, 20:17
The shock I had when I heard of this tragic accident, has been a great trauma to me. I go to a pub on a Friday evening for a nice time, but no one could suspect an accident as bad as this.
My thoughts go out to all affected.

squidge
02-Dec-13, 21:18
It was awful to watch it unfold and I spent an anxious night trying to get hold of my lovely cousin. She lives just round the corner and I knew she was playing out on friday night. I was very relieved to find she was out in Edinburgh. Dreadful.

sassylass
02-Dec-13, 23:11
This tragedy hit home with me, too, for a couple of reasons. RIP those who lost their lives and speedy recoveries to the injured.

David Banks
03-Dec-13, 01:32
This tragedy seems to me to be compounded by the (reported) lack of a data recorder on the chopper.

Really ?

Phill
03-Dec-13, 07:06
It is a tragedy. Black box or not, it wouldn't have saved anyone.

golach
03-Dec-13, 11:05
This tragedy seems to me to be compounded by the (reported) lack of a data recorder on the chopper.Really ?

Are you for real? If a data recorder had been carried how would lives be saved?

I posted this thread to show my sympathies to all who have been affected by this tradgedy, not as a discussion on how or why the it occurred.

rob1
03-Dec-13, 11:11
Are you for real? If a data recorder had been carried how would lives be saved?

Clearly it would not have saved those on the aircraft or in the pub. But a data recorder could provide a reason why this occured in the first place and therefore may help to prevent it happening again.

cptdodger
03-Dec-13, 13:24
On what should have been a day of celebration turned into days of mourning, my heartfelt condolences to all those bereaved by this awful tragedy. My thoughts are with the injured, my thanks go to all those involved with the rescue, the Police, who have lost two of their own, the Fire Brigade, and the Ambulance Service, also the people of Glasgow, who without a thought to their own safety, rushed to help - much respect. This St Andrews Day 2013, will be marked as one of the saddest for Scotland. Rest In Peace x

2little2late
04-Dec-13, 04:39
I was totally proud of the Glasgow citizens that turned out to help the injured. In my opinion Glasgow gets too much bad press, but it was really humbling that sectarianism etc. was put aside and everybody acted as one. I know if this tragedy happened anywhere else in Britain everyone would be just as caring etc, but I can't help feeling there is some special bond between the Scots. This tragedy brought back memories of the terrorist attack on Glasgow airport and how everyone showed how proud they are to be Scottish. Does this make sense? I wish I was 100% Scottish and not just 50%. If only we could change our nationality by deed poll.

mi16
04-Dec-13, 07:30
Clearly it would not have saved those on the aircraft or in the pub. But a data recorder could provide a reason why this occured in the first place and therefore may help to prevent it happening again.The aircraft did not meet the criteria to require a flight data recorder, the AAIB will inspect it to the nth degree to find the root cause of the accident.

RagnarRocks
04-Dec-13, 09:52
I drove by Clutha bar yesterday on my way back from Glasgow it was moving to see the area still cordoned off and people paying their respects whilst the rest of the city carried on around it. Much respect too all involved,accidents like this should serve to remind us all how tennis our grip on life really is and how we should make the most of the short lives we have .