PDA

View Full Version : Xmas Pudding

changilass
15-Feb-07, 17:12
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a christmas pudding in time for a belated christmas day on tuesday

Thanks in advance for any help
Changi

dozerboy
15-Feb-07, 17:21
my misses makes a mean christmas cake, but not that quick I'm afraid, sorry not very helpful I know.

I think you could be struggling there.

How about an easter cake and pretend it's a crimbo one?

changilass
15-Feb-07, 17:26
Cheers Dozerboy, but got a christmas cake its the pudding we are short of, checked lidlle the other day to no avail, just hoping someone has one in thier cupboard that they didnt use. They don't last long in our house, we would eat them all year round if I could be bothered making them, but left it too late - thought we had one left in the cupboard lol

North Rhins
15-Feb-07, 17:26
Ebay search ‘Christmas Pudding.’ Merry Christmas.:lol:

changilass
15-Feb-07, 17:29
North Rhins, there is only one on ebay and it doesnt finish for 3 days so wouldn't be guaranteed to get it in time for tuesday, but thanks anyway

Changi

dozerboy
15-Feb-07, 17:30
duh - i should take more care to read the posts!! It's no wonder I call myself dozerboy!!

Christmas Pud and brandy butter, yummy!!

Sorry I can't be more helpful Changi!

Moby
15-Feb-07, 17:31
I am a huge Christmas pud fan and always stock up with loads to see us through the winter months! I have a Tesco Classic pud in my cupboard (untouched of course). If you can't get one in the shops PM me and it's yours.

Moira
15-Feb-07, 17:32
Changi - think I may be able to help - have pm'd you

changilass
15-Feb-07, 17:45
Great big thank you to all who got in touch, its amazing what a response I have got in less than half an hour, I have now got a christmas pud from the many responses.

WOW even had an offer from an orger in stornaway willing to send one to me, how good is that

Thanks again
Changi

canuck
15-Feb-07, 20:38
changimom, would you like us to dig out our Christmas avatars and signatures and post them for a few days to help recreate the season for you?

http://www.brunnvalla.ch/d/images/tn_weltraum.jpg (http://www.brunnvalla.ch/e/fatherchristmas19.htm)

golach
15-Feb-07, 20:46
Changi, wee cuz, I have one maturing in the cupboard from Adsa, and half a pot of frozen Tattie soup to go with it, you should have said earlier :D

htwood
15-Feb-07, 21:59
I've got one my cupboard, but would have to break hubby's hands to pry them off it.

So glad other offers came to you. Happy Christmas.

Bobinovich
15-Feb-07, 22:11
I take it my invitation's in the post :D

changilass
15-Feb-07, 22:16
Its very close family only for xmas day but open house for other family and friends for a boxing day buffet, but you already had a verbal invite Bob so don't need to send you one:lol:

Cinders392
15-Feb-07, 23:58
Its great fun having christmas when it isnt actually christmas. My partner was off for xmas so we had ours in October 2006! You should have seen the guisers on halloween at our door. Double taking at the christmas tree which I just left up for 2 months. No point packing it away to take down again few weeks later. Was just good for partner to see the bairns faces when they open their presents although the aint into the puddings and full works for the dinner.

Fran
16-Feb-07, 02:19
There are still xmas puddings in Tesco down near the drinks section. If you cant get one I still have one left and you are very welcome to have it.

mccaugm
16-Feb-07, 18:23
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a christmas pudding in time for a belated christmas day on tuesday

Thanks in advance for any help
Changi

I have one that I did not use..and you are very welcome to it...PM me with your details

changilass
16-Feb-07, 22:37
Thanks everyone for all your help, we have xmas pudding now and I am now busy wrapping pressies in time for the big day, thanks again

Changi:D