PDA

View Full Version : Phone Line Problems

The Angel Of Death
21-Mar-05, 15:47
Anyone else having them mine is rubbish at the moment really loud and noisy as well both my mum and mother in law's lines are not working does any one know if there is a problem at the exchange as bt cant get anyone out untill the 29th

dirdyweeker
21-Mar-05, 17:15
yes. I am on the Wick side and have such a crackle on my line that incoming calls can hardly be heard and I have no line for out going calls. Internet connections are intermittent. Told that can't get anything done to help until Thursday and house calls cannot be transferred to my mobile phone as I have had in the past when there was problems. :(

Riffman
21-Mar-05, 18:01
we had the same problem a couple of months ago, get BT to put you on a new line, it is the best way to get it sorted. They can do it from the pillar box thingy.

badger
21-Mar-05, 18:05
For past week I've been having trouble loading graphics when I've been on line for a while and I was talking to someone on the neighbouring exchange today who said she had same trouble. Websites come up with graphics missing. Wonder if it's all connected?

The Angel Of Death
21-Mar-05, 19:57
Well the other half reported it online and they said they will try to fix it before the 30th of this month as thats ok via broadband however we cant even use the line its that bad far to much noise on it think i will try and phone them tomorrow and get up a little bit earler

Typical bt though cant fix a problems for over a week or more bet if you had'nt payed your bill they would be quick enough to cut you off though !!!

Brizer2k2
21-Mar-05, 21:36
I wouldn't accept that. If enough people complained they'd have to send an engineer from Inverness to fix it or speed up the time they have quoted (29th / 30th) to fix it.

It is lack of BT engineers in Caithness that is the problem and also there are no other phone providers up here = no competition and you can't say I will cease my line and go to Telewest or C&W or cable as there isn't any of that up there!!

I am sure if Dounreay, BT or Norfrost had phone problems then you can guarantee an engineer would be there in a flash.

depends on the size of the oganisation shouting down the phone to BT and how many other extra services they have bought from BT.

These companies will be paying more for a premium service and normal "Joe Bloggs" users paying for single line rental will be bottom of the queue.

dirdyweeker
24-Mar-05, 21:29
well it took 10 days but here I am with a fully functioning phone and internet connection. It seems my fault was 65metres from my house on the outside line. Took long enough to send an engineer but he fixed the problem quickly. :D

The Angel Of Death
24-Mar-05, 21:44
Think mines sorted itself was ok on mon and then broke on mon night and then fine on tues night and has been so far

Riffman
24-Mar-05, 22:52
just a note, if you are having problems with pictures, try emptying the IE cache. It helps speed things up!