PDA

View Full Version : Dont you just love lifes peculiatities

gleeber
01-Dec-13, 20:44
Coincidences are the strangest things. I've just had one. We all have them in our lives and they make you think when they happen. They can be a shared experience with others or they can just happen, out of the blue, full of meaning and just for you but before you know it it's gone and soon forgotten.
I've had a few good ones over the years but the ones I prefer belong to other people. Martin Luther Kings famous speech about not getting to the top of the mountain, even though he had seen over the top, was delivered the day before he was shot dead by an assassin.
Don't you just love lifes peculiarities?

sids
01-Dec-13, 21:19
Dont you just love lifes peculiatities

They're my favourite kind of tities.

gleeber
01-Dec-13, 21:32
That's another one Sids. :lol:

Rheghead
01-Dec-13, 21:36
Yesterday I was discussing indepth with someone who rears pigs about how to dispose of a body by starving pigs and letting them go at it. When I got home and looked on the news, there was a mention of how a mafia boss got rid of another mafia boss by the same method.

Big Gaz
01-Dec-13, 22:20
Yesterday I was discussing indepth with someone who rears pigs about how to dispose of a body by starving pigs and letting them go at it. When I got home and looked on the news, there was a mention of how a mafia boss got rid of another mafia boss by the same method.

You planning to bump off some anti-windies then Rheg?

Whitewater
01-Dec-13, 22:36

The Kray (spelling?) brothers used that method as well.

mi16
01-Dec-13, 23:17
Yesterday I was discussing indepth with someone who rears pigs about how to dispose of a body by starving pigs and letting them go at it. When I got home and looked on the news, there was a mention of how a mafia boss got rid of another mafia boss by the same method.I believe it's only the teeth they leave behind.They say that's where Arlene Fraser went

Kevin Milkins
02-Dec-13, 00:11
Isn't that what happened to Ross Mcwerter's wife?

squidge
02-Dec-13, 00:22
I like the coincidences that involve people - I have a friend who when travelling in Australia shared a room in a hostel with a canadian who was working as a bike courier in Australia. Shared a beer a few stories but no such thing as email or facebook.

Ten or so years later he finds himself unexpectedly delayed in Canada and, needing to find a cheap room for the night he books into a hostel and finds he is sharing a room with the SAME lad.

ducati
02-Dec-13, 08:55
I like the coincidences that involve people - I have a friend who when travelling in Australia shared a room in a hostel with a canadian who was working as a bike courier in Australia. Shared a beer a few stories but no such thing as email or facebook.

Ten or so years later he finds himself unexpectedly delayed in Canada and, needing to find a cheap room for the night he books into a hostel and finds he is sharing a room with the SAME lad.

Blimey, what happened to social mobility! [lol]

squidge
02-Dec-13, 11:02
This guy was a student, then spent five years travelling the world, having a wild time, exploring all sorts of unusual lifestyles and substances lol, backpacking and volunteering lol. He has a Phd in some sort of chemistry and an MBA and is now a highly paid something in a bafflingly complicated job. He now has grey hair checked shirts and cord trousers so you would never guess he had a colourful past lol. Until you look at his lovely twinkly blue eyes and can see the mischief lol.

canuck
02-Dec-13, 22:05
Coincidences are the strangest things. I've just had one. We all have them in our lives and they make you think when they happen. They can be a shared experience with others or they can just happen, out of the blue, full of meaning and just for you but before you know it it's gone and soon forgotten.
I've had a few good ones over the years but the ones I prefer belong to other people. Martin Luther Kings famous speech about not getting to the top of the mountain, even though he had seen over the top, was delivered the day before he was shot dead by an assassin.
Don't you just love lifes peculiarities?

What a fantastic thing to have happened. I love life's peculiarities!

Maybe I am just noticing them more now, but as I get older they seem to be more frequent.