PDA

View Full Version : Our Deepest Thanks

brandy
15-Feb-07, 04:13
I just wanted to take the time to say Thank You to all the wonderful people on here who have offered us so much support in this time of grief.
The past week has been the worst time in my entire life, and honestly im amazed ive made it this far.
there have been times when all i wanted to do was curl up and follow thomas.
I have never ever known how empty a woman can feel, until she looses a child.
i have felt as if i am empty, and a part of me is missing.
Almost as if there is a big gaping hole inside of me.
i woke up yesterday.. expecting it to be the hardest day of my life.
But amazingly it wasnt.
In this last week.
We have been surrounded by the love and well wishes of so many people.
Many of whom, have never met us.. or even have ever spoken to us.
it has lifted my spirits no end, to see all the thoghtful caring people on here.
in some of my darkest moments, i have come on to the org. just to read and re-read the multitude of posts and private msgs that have been sent to us.
in a time when the world is starting to thing the milk of human kindness is drying up, i have found it to be overflowing!
I can not begin to express our gratitude and thanks for all the well wishes and thoughts of sympathy at this time.
i dont even know where to begin.
But I do want to let everyone know how wonderful you all are.
from the moment this nightmare began last week,
everyone has bent over backwards to help us and offer us comfort.
the mw's and dr's in Raigmore were so wonderful.
everyone came and spoke to us, walked with us thru those first few horrific days.
when tom was born, the Mw's from the first moment, treated him like he was alive. and a real little person, which he was just no longer with us.
they held him for me right after he was born, rubbing my hair telling me all about him.
how big and handsome he was.
talked to him, bathed him dressed him, and gave him back to us...
always keeping in our minds that he was our beloved little boy,
and that we had just a few precious hours to fit in a lifetime.
the chaplins in raigmore came to us several times.. doing anything they could to help. helpiong with arrangments where they could and generally being there when ever we needed to talk.
before i even came home, the mws here were calling down to check on me,
offering their thoughts and prayers. and once i came home. well what can i say, where i come from you would never have the caring and compassion there that you have here.
the medical staff, have been so very wonderful ...
my MW has been an angel... she has been here these last days.. to talk to me.. let me have a good cry and to reasure me! on top of checking my wound and giving me a hard time for going into cleaning rages... when i broke down! *Grins*
even the drs, have taken time from their busy busy schedules to comfort us, and help us thru this.. and as much demand as they have taking that extra time.. i really really thank all the medical staff!!
our friends and family have been wonderful..
sometimes you dont realise how much it means to you just to be able to talk to someone.
not about anything in particular.. and a lot of the times.. not even about thomas.. or the past week..
just silly little inconsequntial (spelling again) things.
things that uplift your spirit and make you laugh!!
I also wanted to make a special note to oliver vellacott and the baptist church.
Thomas's funeral was such a very beautiful service.
he had a perfect fare well.
his flowers were so beautiful and his wee little coffin was georgeous.
thank you claire for all your hard work.
but olivers service, was actually a very happy occasion, if you can belive it.
he comforted us, and made everyone feel that even though tom was no longer with us.. we would see him again, and that it was ok.
even at a time when nothing seems ok.
i want to thank everyone that came today,
I know it was a hard thing to do, as no one wants to see a baby be buried.
but knowing that so many cared, was very uplifting.
belive me if i hadnt had to be there.. i wouldnt have gone!
all in all it was a really good day, considering what the day was.
we laid our beautiful son to rest. But at the same time, i realised that i am not alone in this world.
that there are so many people that love us, and are here to walk thru this world with us,
that is one of the most precious gifts i have ever been given.
and i just really wanted to thank you all.
the folks here on the org. has really shown their true colors, and what a beautiful sight they are.
we have our fights, and lord knows we can bicker and hew and haw.. for weeks.
but like any good family this past week has shown me, how close knit we are.
and how much we care about one another.
we are a family here.
I want each and every one of you to know that.
and it has touched my heart and lifted my spirits no end to know that
there are so many people on the other side of this screen that care so much!

Thank You ALL From the Bottom Of My Heart.
You have made this last week bearable..
and I love you all
Brandy

brandy
15-Feb-07, 06:02
just to let people know.. i have posted pics of tom and a few of his funeral.. flowers ect... on myspace.. if anyone wants to look at them here is the url.
http://www.myspace.com/brandy28655

i thought that i would give you guys a face to go with his name..
again thank you

mrs n
15-Feb-07, 08:49
brandy, tom is so beautiful thank you for sharing the pictures with us, you have been so brave throughout this awful time and i am glad you have met with so much kindness, take care pet xx

wild1
15-Feb-07, 10:19
brandy what beautiful pictures they are, I think you are a very strong and brave girl for what your going through at the moment. Keep your chin up and take care. xx

cuddlepop
15-Feb-07, 10:46
Brandy as a mother we share a common bond and with that I am sending you all the strenght and hope I can, in the hope it will give you the reassurence that no matter how bad the next we while may get you will get through it.
Talk,talk and talk its the best medicine available.:)
The pictures are beautiful and a wonderful memory to a son that passed through to a better world,:D

candyfloss
15-Feb-07, 11:34
You were in my thoughts yesterday too Brandy, what a lovely little boy.

Take care x x

Whitewater
15-Feb-07, 11:54
Thank you for that Brandy, what a beautiful family.

DarkAngel
15-Feb-07, 12:19
Little Tom looked absolutly beautiful Brandy..U have such a lovely family! Bless ya all! xxx

misty woman
15-Feb-07, 13:23
you have such a lovely family brandy,i thought of you all yesterday,tom was a beautiful baby,bless you all.

Liz
15-Feb-07, 15:23
What a bonny baby Thomas is!

He was not meant to live in this world but will be waiting for you to join him one day.

Till then you have your lovely family to care for and to care for you.

Take good care.

Love and hugs
Liz
xxx

Saveman
15-Feb-07, 15:25
Brandy,
You and your family are in our prayers.

pops31
15-Feb-07, 16:28
Dearest Brandy and family
You have all been so incredibly brave. I was thinking about you all yesterday- my thoughts were with you - as they have been over the past week. what a beautifull baby Thomas was. thankyou for sharing those photos with us all.
bless you all

Alice in Blunderland
15-Feb-07, 18:06
Brandy it was lovely to see the picture of Thomas. He truly was lovely and it was nice to put a face to the name. Take Care. :D

Genoa
15-Feb-07, 20:00
Dear Brandy,

Our thoughts are with you, thank you for sharing the pictures of little Thomas.

Take care

xxx

Sporran
15-Feb-07, 20:04
Brandy, I was thinking of you and your family very much yesterday, as well. Thankyou for sharing your photographs of bonnie wee Thomas, you, your hubby and your two cute little boys. May God bless you all!

Sporran
xoxo

danc1ngwitch
15-Feb-07, 20:38
you have a beautiful family, support each other always... xxx truely lovely .

Woolie
15-Feb-07, 21:23
Brandy wee thomas was a lovely baby and I know he was very loved by u all. I have never been though wat u have but but mum has and she told me how hard is was but time does heal and it will for u I am sure it will for u. Just want to wish u all the very best for the future and much happiness because anyone deserves u and your family do.

Jackpot
16-Feb-07, 11:44
Just wanted to say how lovely it was to see Baby Thomas and be able to put a face to a name! A wee man too good for this world who is now an Angel in Heaven watching down over you and your family.

Love to you all
xx

Max
16-Feb-07, 14:04
You are an incredible person - I don't know you but I am so happy that you have found some comfort from so many people. Your pictures are lovely. I am a mother as well and I have shed tears for you and your family. You are amazing - God Bless you.