PDA

View Full Version : Urban deer mis-treatment

stratman
14-Feb-07, 20:00
I just watched an article on BBC regional news about a crime of young folk hunting/terrorising urban deer in Glasgow with dogs. One incident was described in which a dear being chased got stuck on a barbed fence. The idiots broke a bottle and tried to cut the poor animals throat with it. Unless there is a clinical mental health issue the are no circumstances that can excuse this sort of behaviour. The Jame Bulger murderers started torturing animals and. as it is well documented, so do many other abusers/murderers. Do we really have to share the planet with such low life?

dozerboy
14-Feb-07, 20:24
It just reminds us there are some right sicko's out there - the thought of what they are doing turns my stomach!

Mind you the program on over weight dogs wasn't much better!!

These people need help and punishment, and the poor deer need help and protection from these people beings.

buggyracer
14-Feb-07, 23:02
i dont for one minute condem what these people have alledgedly done if its true then they are sick, but with the current media frenzy regarding dogs and the banning of hunting with dogs, i sometimes question how truthfull some of these papers are being?

i know of a few other cases when if you read the reports in the papers it would turn your stomache but, once you find out the truth you realise its been greatly mis-interpreted.

Joefitz
14-Feb-07, 23:15
We had english poachers coming up on the weekends, using machine guns on the deer thatst rayed too close to the road....never heard about that, did you??

sweetpea
14-Feb-07, 23:25
I just watched an article on BBC regional news about a crime of young folk hunting/terrorising urban deer in Glasgow with dogs. One incident was described in which a dear being chased got stuck on a barbed fence. The idiots broke a bottle and tried to cut the poor animals throat with it. Unless there is a clinical mental health issue the are no circumstances that can excuse this sort of behaviour. The Jame Bulger murderers started torturing animals and. as it is well documented, so do many other abusers/murderers. Do we really have to share the planet with such low life?
I get your point about the links between animal and human abuse.

buggyracer
14-Feb-07, 23:51
We had english poachers coming up on the weekends, using machine guns on the deer thatst rayed too close to the road....never heard about that, did you??

where did this take place and how many years ago? im intrigued.

stratman
15-Feb-07, 12:15
i dont for one minute condem what these people have alledgedly done if its true then they are sick, but with the current media frenzy regarding dogs and the banning of hunting with dogs, i sometimes question how truthfull some of these papers are being?

i know of a few other cases when if you read the reports in the papers it would turn your stomache but, once you find out the truth you realise its been greatly mis-interpreted.

Good point Buggyracer. I have found the same behind eyecatching headlines. But if it is true my point remains.

buggyracer
15-Feb-07, 13:52
Good point Buggyracer. I have found the same behind eyecatching headlines. But if it is true my point remains.

absaloutly!

Joefitz
15-Feb-07, 16:25
I worked on Glenfiddich for 3 years, one year, a couple of English poachers came up with Automatic rifles.They went out the West Coast first, but then they were seen on a neighbouring estate one evening, firing at several deer near the road. They killed five, I think, then got away, but they got them later in an English Park, shooting at fallow deer. About 1970, I think.