PDA

View Full Version : Wick Hogmanay Street Party 2013/4

Camra
24-Nov-13, 17:27
The HAPPY Committee are firming up details for this years Hogmanay knees up.

Our preference is to relocate from the Market Sq to the car park behind Harrolds Butchers.

The Harvey Brothers are providing live music.

Local traders have been in touch and hot food, etc will be available, public toilets in Whitechapel Road will be open.

Its a nice sheltered area which is surprisingly large once empty.

If any traders/ charities etc would like to pitch a stall, or members of the public are prepared to help out at the event please PM me.

Donations are most welcome!

See you there.

billmoseley
29-Nov-13, 16:38
on what date will this party be?

black rover
29-Nov-13, 16:53
I heard it has been booked for 1st April.

Camra
20-Dec-13, 13:53
Local band PAPADUKE will kick off at 11 o clock, Harvey Brothers providing some traditional piping tunes until 12:15, then PAPADUKE until closing.

Mr P Cannop
20-Dec-13, 19:46
will the web cam be showing the event ??

Camra
21-Dec-13, 17:41
Yes, we'll set one up as previous years

Camra
05-Jan-14, 16:42
Thanks to the the local businesses that helped our relocated hogmanay event go smoothly. D Steven & Son for truck to move the PA System & as a Stage, GMR Henderson for crowd barriers. Also Hilltop Horses for power, PappaDuke from Thurso & Harvey Brothers for music, Phil Plummer for PA system, Highland Council for providing waste bins and public toilets. Great to have Henriettas Chip Shop providing hot food and drinks. Stewards were on the ball defusing a couple of skirmishes and tidy up at the end, but mostly, all those that donated towards funding the event. Looks like a repeat of the venue for next years event. If anyone would like to help out in any manner please pm me or contact RBWCC.