PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

Goldfish
20-Mar-05, 14:01
A few days ago I received a renewal quote for my home and contents insurance and the price looked a bit expensive, I then went to look at some online company’s to compare prices. Having done this I was somewhat surprised to find that the price that I have been paying for the last few years was approx £200 more than an online quote.

I then went online and filled in a online request with the company that I had the insurance from and found that their online service was nearly £200 cheaper.
Being somewhat miffed at this I phoned them and asked why my price was so high when I can get it cheaper elsewhere. Thirty seconds later my insurance was reduced by £150.

So it looks like if you get your annual renewal notice it is worth shopping around on the web then make a quick phone call and tell them they are to expensive. It’s well worth it.!
:D

katarina
21-Mar-05, 09:42
I insure my car with Norwich union. When I checked online I got the same insurance with the same company £200 cheaper!

2little2late
21-Mar-05, 20:30
Cheapest insurance I have found is the CIS. Haven't found anyone cheaper yet. Including online quotes.

kenimac1
25-Mar-05, 17:50
I get my insurance through a broker in England. When I trawlwed the internet for car insurance recently the cheapest quote I got was £2 more than my brokers best and it was with the same company!!