PDA

View Full Version : WOMEN RULE yeahhhh baby!

sassylass
20-Mar-05, 01:06
ok a certain man in a certain chatroom admitted that in one and a half years, between two babies, he has only changed a grand total of six, count 'em, SIX nappies!!!!!! His defence was "Nappies make me chuck". :eyes

I just want to know....is he the exception or the rule? Don't other daddies help out in this department?

gleeber
20-Mar-05, 01:58
I bet it wisna golach. He told me once he never did any nappies because he was always too busy with the hoosework.
I think most blokes these days would be involved with what used to be percieved as a womans job. Im no that old and I was brought up with that notion but like everything else in life i learnt that one the hard way too. :D

Kenn
20-Mar-05, 02:18
WHAT he actualy changed the nappy 6 TIMES!!!! Well he must be a man in a million.
An' gleeber it wisna golach..he's too ould to ken whit a nappy is [lol]

katarina
20-Mar-05, 07:59
My better half has NEVER changed a nappy!

brandy
20-Mar-05, 09:39
umm hubby changes nappysdoes feeds and baths ... does everything that i do with the kids.. silly to think men shouldnt do it as well!! :roll: i mean.. women work just as hard as men.. and a lot of times harder.. i know i never stop.. so yeah wouldnt expect anything less from my husband than a full partnership..

bigjjuk
20-Mar-05, 10:08
well im defending the guys here, thats all i did was change the nappies, how can a kid produce so much crap lol.
but it didnt bother me at all as he is my son
there girls we are ok,
the man who only changed six was to busy i guess or really dominated thats relationship

Rheghead
20-Mar-05, 11:46
I bet it wisna golach. He told me once he never did any nappies because he was always too busy with the hoosework.
I think most blokes these days would be involved with what used to be percieved as a womans job. Im no that old and I was brought up with that notion but like everything else in life i learnt that one the hard way too. :D

Isn't a gleeber someone who washes clothes? Women's work!! :lol:

golach
20-Mar-05, 16:38
[quote="Rheghead

Isn't a gleeber someone who washes clothes? Women's work!! :lol:[/quote]

Oh ye hev done it now!!! [mad] I am black afronted, calling Gleebers laundry workers!!!
I'l have you know my Mother and and most of her relations came from the "Glebe" in fact Gleebers family and mine were very close neighbours for many years. You better no show your face in Thursa after I spread this around, about what you have been saying :evil
Golach

golach
20-Mar-05, 16:43
ok a certain man in a certain chatroom admitted that in one and a half years, between two babies, he has only changed a grand total of six, count 'em, SIX nappies!!!!!! His defence was "Nappies make me chuck". :eyes

I just want to know....is he the exception or the rule? Don't other daddies help out in this department?
Sassy after our chat reference this subject I asked Mrs Golach how many times I had done this eronious task and I can beat the unnamed and misaligned gentleman your are
scurriously chastising......I only did it once!!!!!! and Mrs G says the diaper fell off my son anyway
OLDWAVE Dads unite!!!!!! [lol]

htwood
20-Mar-05, 18:25
Girlz, Set the terms of the arrangements *well before* ye have a bun in the oven. :roll: If you dont say what you need or expect, it probably won't happen.

Bobinovich
20-Mar-05, 19:25
After my wife read this thread she wanted me to write and say she considers me a saint when it comes to both our children and housework!

After our first was born she breastfed for the first month and, during the night, I would get up, lift him from his moses basket, and lay him next to her. Once he had finished feeding I'd burp him and lay him back in his basket. Once he'd no longer feed from her I'd do night feeds by bottle. In addition I'd happily change nappies, bath & feed him, etc. The same with our little girl except she was on the breast for 11 months.

As I worked from home, if she was up to her eyeballs I'd happily stop work to change a nappy and, even today, will stop working to give her a little break, take them to appointments, chastise them, etc.

In addition I still maintain a share of the housework - doing washing (inc. folding), occasional cooking, washing up most nights, clearing up once the kids are in bed, etc. as well as 'normal' guy jobs such as DIY and fixing things! I still bath the kids frequently, attend virtually all kids parties to which ours are invited, and take a day off work on all our birthdays' so we can have family days, and, still being self-employed, do not work too early or too late and never work weekends.

I don't consider this anything out of the ordinary but, as many of my wife'd friends have commented, it makes her life a lot easier. As far as I'm concerned that's enough for me.

Rheghead
20-Mar-05, 19:29
I'l have you know my Mother.... came from the "Glebe"

So you agree with me then?

Fifi
20-Mar-05, 20:13
Bobinovich - I'm (almost) speachless!!! I thought my guy was good but you really take the top honours - it was the folding laundry part that got me! I can trust my man with any task except anything involving laundry. He doesn't mind changing nappies but it never seems to occur to him to do so unless requested..... Ditto housework, he just doesn't 'see' the mess. Anyone else have a man with housework blindness?

Seriously, well done on what is obviously a successful parenting partnership.

champagnebaby
20-Mar-05, 23:35
Well i must say my man helps me loads and i count myself lucky. He'll change nappies, see to the baby if she's crying, tidy the house, hoover etc and he'll do it off his own back without having to be asked and he works full time. Obviously he doesn't do it the whole time as i've usually got it done first but when he does it's a great help :D

Ohhh how times have changed i know my dad didn't do half as much to help my mum when i was little.

Bill Fernie
21-Mar-05, 00:22
My Dad did not help out much either but it should be remembered that years ago working hours were much longer. For example my Dad worked six days a week and left to go to work often at around 7.00am returning at 6.00pm most week days. In addition he worked overtime when it was available usually until around 9.00pm getting home about 10.00pm on those days. My mother did not work. A change in working patterns has allowed more men to get involved with looking after children although some may not have moved with the times. My own mother prepared me for looking after children and I changed the nappies of my youngest sister as she was fifteen years younger than me. She also instilled some basic skills such as cooking and I have always known how to bake basic cakes, scones, pancakes etc. So mothers it's up to you. Teach your sons what they need to know and you will probably make for a happier family set up as they get older. At the end of the day any set up is a partnership and both have to agree how the duties will be divided. There is no set way of doing things and many different arrangements will suit one family and not another.
Working mothers are here to stay if standards of living are not to fall. What is required for success is an arrangment that works and that all sides are happy with. In our case I used to look after my children at the weekend as my wife worked then the split of duties was more time based with all child care organised by me at the weekends - from bathing, nappy changing, shopping, trips, swimming, walks and so on with cooking, washing up etc fitted in around it all. I always tried to make the weekends enjoyable both for the children and myself. We visited parks, museums, beaches and went for trips on the bus or trains. Along the way picked up the shopping, prepared the meals and so on. I always enjoyed the days out at the weekend as much as the children. We regularly went to the swimming pool, the park or for walks often taking picnics if the weather looked OK.
I will admit to never doing much ironing but back then hoopefully this was balanced with grass cutting and growing a few vegetables.

golach
21-Mar-05, 00:43
Bill, you are Magic, you tell them Feminist, pinko liberal, western americian wimen, who voted for Arnie!!!
Golach

squidge
21-Mar-05, 13:20
Even though my husband is now my ex husband he was and remains a good dad.

When i had two boys 15 months apart and worked he helped in the night and always changed nappies. He was happy to take them out or look after them whilst i got a break. When our third baby was born he was also very helpful.

The housework thing was a different kettle of fish - he was RUBBISH at this until we moved to Caithness when he didnt work and stayed at home to mind the wee one who was only two. He learned he could,after all, use the washing machine and occasionally do some ironing. He used to keep the house tidy and make a cuppa when i got home. He once said he felt incredibly lucky to have had that opportunity and he wouldnt have missed it for the world.

The cooking was always my responsibilty although he would peel tatties and things but then i am SUCH a good cook :D that he had a hard act to follow. Now he lives with his new partner i know he cooks a lot more and is quite adventurous in his culinary skills.

A new man indeed :D

katarina
21-Mar-05, 13:51
Bobinovich - i want to have your babies!

brandy
21-Mar-05, 14:04
hav eto admit hbby does a lot of the cooking.. he does housework as well but have to admit i usually do all that.. he tidys when i tell him.. *shakes head * but tahts my fault my mama taught me to well *laughs* and everything has to be done a certain way! now as far as dishes go no one and i mean no one does that but me.. well hubby is allowed but i had to show him the PROPER way to wash dishes.. and that includes rinsing them *gasp shock!"
but he does the night time waking most times.. and changes all sorts of nasty nappies *giggles* dosent even flinch! feeds and bath are a reg for him as well...
hes a well trained male!

Bobinovich
22-Mar-05, 11:12
Bobinovich - i want to have your babies!

Thanx Katarina :lol: but I think my saintly image would go right down the pan then, :evil eh! Thankfully I've been gifted with a wonderful wife and 2 gorgeous kids so we're going to quit while we're ahead.

ColonelSmee
22-Mar-05, 16:00
My father didnae have a clue how to put a nappy on, but that was in 68. My father in law on the other hand was very hands on and could do anything. Make the bed, cook the tea, do the washing etc