PDA

View Full Version : High Life Card

FieryFairy
13-Feb-07, 21:38
Could someone please tell me where you can get a High Life card? I saw in the leisure section of this site all about where to use them, but are those also the places where they can be issued?

Many thanks!

connieb19
13-Feb-07, 21:39
You can get them at the swimming pool

FieryFairy
13-Feb-07, 21:54
Many thanks Connie! :)

Niall Fernie
14-Feb-07, 11:17
Lots of info on the card here (http://www.caithness.org/ecs/highlife.htm).

LENSMAN
15-Feb-07, 19:20
Note that none of the sunbeds are working in Wick.
With no sign of them being sorted.

Bill Fernie
16-Feb-07, 20:05
It is a pity that the equipment in the Swimming pool is not al in working order but with regard to sunbeds are you aware of the dangers of using them as highlighted at http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/ask_the_doctor/sunbeds.shtml

Certainly they can be helpful for some skin conditions and give temporary relief or improvement but for anyone with normal skin they are inherently dangerous and the damage may not show up for many years. Young people in particular might be well advised to stay well clear unless they are advised by a doctor to go for short sessions for particular condition.

Sorry to be killjoy on this one.

LENSMAN
16-Feb-07, 20:12
Have used them over the last few years before I go on holiday, stops me from suffering from prickly heat.
If it stops me from loosing 2 days of my holiday I'm happy to use them.

emszxr
16-Feb-07, 20:44
and i just want a swimming pool :(:mad:

Alice in Blunderland
16-Feb-07, 21:03
It is a pity that the equipment in the Swimming pool is not al in working order but with regard to sunbeds are you aware of the dangers of using them as highlighted at http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/ask_the_doctor/sunbeds.shtml

Certainly they can be helpful for some skin conditions and give temporary relief or improvement but for anyone with normal skin they are inherently dangerous and the damage may not show up for many years. Young people in particular might be well advised to stay well clear unless they are advised by a doctor to go for short sessions for particular condition.

Sorry to be killjoy on this one.

This being the case Bill I am surprised that the council havent reviewed this and withdrawn them from use.....can just see the headlines in years to come council being sued by cancer victim... or do they have a disclaimer somewhere?

cuddlepop
16-Feb-07, 21:27
I seem to remember around four years ago a Members decision was made that due to the cancer scares associated with sunbeds,that no centre would be permitted to renew a lease or repair beds which became faulty.
Presumably this would mean the beds will be withdrawn.
Count yourself lucky though as we get a swimming pool or a swimming pool for our High Life card:(

footie chick
16-Feb-07, 21:46
and i just want a swimming pool

Thurso pool every Saturday {think Wednesday not sure of the time} has a happy hour only costs a couple of quid if that for a whole family to swim think its 1.00 - 2.00 someone will correct me if I'm wrong [lol]

gary.b
17-Feb-07, 00:40
I was thinking about getting a high life card then saw the fitness room at Thurso and I don't think I'll bother, is there a gym at Wick swimming pool?

LENSMAN
17-Feb-07, 20:37
This being the case Bill I am surprised that the council havent reviewed this and withdrawn them from use.....can just see the headlines in years to come council being sued by cancer victim... or do they have a disclaimer somewhere?

They limit the amount of times you can use the sunbeds.
If they are removed I will be looking for a reduction in my High Life charge due to loss of facilities.
There is a very good gym beside the Wick Pool.

Tristan
17-Feb-07, 20:44
I was thinking about getting a high life card then saw the fitness room at Thurso and I don't think I'll bother, is there a gym at Wick swimming pool?

it is much the same.

There is a private gym up in the Pennyland area in Thurso which has free weights and a much better section of machines. The only drawback is their aerobic kit is not as good (but close).

LENSMAN
17-Feb-07, 20:53
it is much the same.

Haven't seen the Thurso one.
Wick has 4 treadmills 3 bikes, 3 nordic skiers, 2 rowing machines, 6 weight machines for different parts of the body.
All in good nick.
Were replaced a couple of years ago.