PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article in the NSA and freedom of speech

RagnarRocks
18-Nov-13, 23:46
http://www.nybooks.com/blogs/nyrblog/2013/nov/18/nsas-global-threat-free-speech/

Mrs Bradey
19-Nov-13, 10:25
hmm! I think ....... .. ...... . ...... .... ... ... ....... ..... .... .... censored for my protection .... . ..... .... .... ... ....... ... ... .. the lot of them!

RagnarRocks
19-Nov-13, 10:27
Makes you think before you type !

Rheghead
19-Nov-13, 12:23
Nothing to worry about really. Can't see how me gurning to the wife is going to be of interest actually.

wavy davy
19-Nov-13, 23:54
Apparently much of the data the NSA trawls through is collected by our own GCHQ, who I'm sure also have a good gleg at it. Sorry, someone at the door...

ducati
20-Nov-13, 08:36
I just can't get my head around why certain people and organisations feel it is their duty to compromise my safety for the sake of some never existed ideal of freedom to talk ballcocks.

This makes me very angry. :mad:

RagnarRocks
20-Nov-13, 08:41
I don't mind if the security services occasionally snoop as I've nothing to hide but if I was dabbling in nefarious or illegal activities then I would be concerned. It's the price you pay for living in a safe society.

wavy davy
21-Nov-13, 00:04
I just can't get my head around why certain people and organisations feel it is their duty to compromise my safety for the sake of some never existed ideal of freedom to talk ballcocks.

This makes me very angry. :mad:

You need to watch your blood pressure then, there are plenty of people who believe that freedom is or should be something more than an abstract idea.

wavy davy
21-Nov-13, 00:07
I don't mind if the security services occasionally snoop as I've nothing to hide but if I was dabbling in nefarious or illegal activities then I would be concerned. It's the price you pay for living in a safe society.

Except that it isn't an occasional snoop, it's out of control and the people snooping are the same people who define what is nefarious or illegal.

Phill
21-Nov-13, 14:29
Big Brother IS watching you!
In this case, yer tellybox: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25018225

And if you connect anything to the internet, don't be so naive to think you have any privacy. If its not GCHQ or NSA seeing what your particular fetish is, the megacorps are collecting the data too.

ducati
21-Nov-13, 18:36
You need to watch your blood pressure then, there are plenty of people who believe that freedom is or should be something more than an abstract idea.

Well they are wrong. :lol: