PDA

View Full Version : John Thurso backed the Tory Bedroom Tax

Rheghead
18-Nov-13, 19:40
John Thurso backed the Tory Bedroom Tax. Has your attitude changed toward him?

Humerous Vegetable
19-Nov-13, 12:47
The LibDems have become a waste of space with their miniTory mindset. They will seize upon any policy, political ethos and position to hang on to their pathetic small helpings of power. Hopefully, we won't be voting for any MPs in 2015, because we will lose that particular drain on public resources after independence.

ducati
19-Nov-13, 13:59
The LibDems have become a waste of space with their miniTory mindset. They will seize upon any policy, political ethos and position to hang on to their pathetic small helpings of power. Hopefully, we won't be voting for any MPs in 2015, because we will lose that particular drain on public resources after independence.

In the massively unlikely event of a yes vote, you will. Indy wouldn't kick in untill 2016.

Actually, that begs a question. If the doom laden thing happens, will we get the opportunity to change our minds when even the most reality challenged, realise they have been sold a crock?

Kodiak
19-Nov-13, 14:17
The problem with politics is the Party System where people vote for a Particular Political Party. I stopped voting for a Political Party quite a few years ago and now I vote for the Person whom I think will make the best MP for the area that I live in. I refuse to vote blindly for a Candidate just because they are being backed by a particular Party as I have seen some right Dim-Wits get into power just because they belonged to one Party or another.

If everyone in the country voted for the person and not for the Party then the Political Map of the UK would change completely, but in reality this will never happen.

Westward
19-Nov-13, 18:05
John Thurso backed the Tory Bedroom Tax. Has your attitude changed toward him?
I like the man but I don't like his politics, not any more.
Until the libdems jumped into bed with the tories, I held them in high esteem but now I feel that they have not only let the people down but that they have allowed their own values to slip,
neither do I like the idea that they will back whoever is in power, it smacks of "we want to stay at the top regardless of the people"
:)

Rheghead
19-Nov-13, 20:21
The problem with politics is the Party System where people vote for a Particular Political Party. I stopped voting for a Political Party quite a few years ago and now I vote for the Person whom I think will make the best MP for the area that I live in. I refuse to vote blindly for a Candidate just because they are being backed by a particular Party as I have seen some right Dim-Wits get into power just because they belonged to one Party or another.

If everyone in the country voted for the person and not for the Party then the Political Map of the UK would change completely, but in reality this will never happen.

The trouble with a democratic political system that is without any form of party politics is chaos. There is no central direction and no accountibility due to deselection etc. You can't herd cats I'm afraid.

The good thing about party politics is that at a glance you can broadly tell the political make up of any candidate. This is great for people who don't take too much attention of the political scene or in the case of someone new to the area.

rob murray
20-Nov-13, 17:08
The man is an aristocrat ie the 3rd Viscount Thurso, this John Thurso stuff is crap, he is and remains, Lord Thurso, 3rd Viscount...so he wont oppose the bed room tax....dont surprise me none...another wolf in sheep clothes

John Thurso supports bed room tax doesnt have the same ring as the 3rd Viscount Thurso supports bed room tax. the former can be perceived as an ill informed idiot / party man / tory pal, the latter sounds more honest, as you would expect an aristo to support bed room taxes !!