PDA

View Full Version : help needed, moving to wick or surrounding area

caroline_glasgow
13-Feb-07, 14:22
Hi there

My boyfriend has just landed a great job and will need to re locate to Wick.
We have been on here looking for property but seem to just miss out on all the Wick ones!

Any advice about moving up, we are currently in Glasgow although partner is from Isle of Lewis originally.

Any areas to avoid? any tips?

Thanks

Caroline

katarina
13-Feb-07, 14:34
get in touch with all the lawyers. they all have lists of property for sale or rent. Yes there are a few areas to avoid, but I'll not post them on here for fear of being linched!

Alice in Blunderland
13-Feb-07, 14:39
mmm I would be tempted to rent for a little while then that will give you a feel for the place then decide what area you would like to live in.......of course Thrumster is a must :lol: school, garage swingpark,free tennis court, village hall and a lovely pub what more could you want in life.:cool: Not to mention the views.

caroline_glasgow
13-Feb-07, 14:44
get in touch with all the lawyers. they all have lists of property for sale or rent. Yes there are a few areas to avoid, but I'll not post them on here for fear of being linched!

ooops!

Never thought of that! I could start a war on here! regarding areas!

Thanks

caroline_glasgow
13-Feb-07, 14:46
mmm I would be tempted to rent for a little while then that will give you a feel for the place then decide what area you would like to live in.......of course Thrumster is a must :lol: school, garage swingpark,free tennis court, village hall and a lovely pub what more could you want in life.:cool: Not to mention the views.

Thanks, sounds nice

How far drive from Wick though?

thanks

plutonio
13-Feb-07, 15:05
Thrumster is about 3 or 4 miles from Wick on the road south, as stated earlier a nice quite village with a good homely pub, but don't discount Wick or the other small villages near by.
hope you find somewhere and enjoy living in Caithness

winnie
13-Feb-07, 15:50
why not look out staxigoe way there are houses up for sale some are just going up it is only 10mins away very nice people out that way,good for kids as well

caroline_glasgow
13-Feb-07, 16:08
Thanks Winnie

Just looking to rent at the moment.

caroline

Bill Fernie
13-Feb-07, 18:38
Check rented in Caithness properties here
http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/rent.php

caroline_glasgow
14-Feb-07, 00:41
Thanks Bill

Already looked, good idea for the forum
One good thing maybe you could look at, would be to have date stamps on the adverts. As you cant tell how old the adverts are.
I have found I have emailed most of the ads and they are all taken.

Would maybe also be good if you could maybe remind folk to take the adverts off once property has been rented.

Otherwise, excellent forum and im sure we will be on a lot in future.

Caroline