PDA

View Full Version : A Timelapse of Caithness as shown on the BBC1 series "The Great British Year"

bcsman
16-Nov-13, 23:21
http://youtu.be/Rt4_EHruk4c

Kodiak
16-Nov-13, 23:55
I enjoyed that Video, very good indeed and I was surprised to see my old house in the video. It was looking good as well :Razz

Moira
17-Nov-13, 01:23
Thanks bcsman!

astroman
17-Nov-13, 10:31
Fabulous work Barry - a joy to watch.

YummyMummy
17-Nov-13, 10:43
Absolutely brilliant Barry. Why are we not seeing your bit on the telly too??? Modest as ever ; ) Was great to see you promoting Caithness on the BBC. I have had folk in - visiting Caithness from south of England on the back of your wonderful footage. Well done!

pat
17-Nov-13, 15:45
Missed this on tv but many thanks for sharing, thoroughly enjoyed watching and seeing it in a different light too.

Hoida
17-Nov-13, 18:31
Most interesting Thank you for sharing

George Brims
18-Nov-13, 21:04
Loved that (from the other side of the world). Can someone tell me where the place is that comes in about the 1:38 mark?

RagnarRocks
18-Nov-13, 21:18
Great work you should be commended :0)

suzanne
19-Nov-13, 00:53
Lovely Barry

bcsman
19-Nov-13, 07:21
Hello George and thanks.
The clip at 1:38 was filmed at the shore cottages in Berridale

Loved that (from the other side of the world). Can someone tell me where the place is that comes in about the 1:38 mark?

bcsman
19-Nov-13, 07:38
Thank you YummyMummy :)
Did you really have people staying at your holiday apartments beacause of the programme? WOW thats great.

Caithness is a beautiful place with lots of heritage and warm people but some people are only to ready to run it down and show the negative parts. If I can show the beauty of Caithness and get people coming to visit, it will be beneficial for county.

As i said in the series,"You dont have to go to Norway to see the northern lights, just come to Wick" I should change it to...
" You dont have to go abroad to see a beautiful world, just come to Caithness" for a much needed advertisment campaign to get more tourists to come and visit and see for themselves.

RagnarRocks
19-Nov-13, 09:28
I think the tourist board should use some of your footage much better than some of the tired rubbish they are currently using.

Moira
19-Nov-13, 23:31
Absolutely RagnarRocks, I totally agree. :}

r.rackstraw
20-Nov-13, 00:21
I enjoyed that!
Thank you

bcsman
20-Nov-13, 18:55
thank you very much guys :)

nona70
25-Nov-13, 22:35
This is a stunning piece of work! You must be so proud of yourself - you've done Caithness proud too. Congratulations Barry xx

bcsman
02-Dec-13, 18:03
Hi nona70
Thank you so much for your kind comment, Im glad to show the beauty of Caithness on national T.V.
Ive just got an email from the BBC saying that they will be using more of my timelapses for another programme "A Great British Year" as part of the BBC learning zone :)

This is a stunning piece of work! You must be so proud of yourself - you've done Caithness proud too. Congratulations Barry xx