PDA

View Full Version : boarding kennel and cattery?

brandy
19-Mar-05, 15:08
hiya guys .. we are planning a holiday in a few months time and are looking for a good bording kennel/cattery.. have a dog and cat.. we are driving down south so can take the animals father afield than wick/ thurso.. so anything as far down as inverness.. (dont want to put the animals thru any longer a trip) but if you know of a good place let me know?

Happy Gilmour
19-Mar-05, 15:33
Hi Brandy

There are the dog kennels at Ramscraigs Dunbeath and a mile along the road is the cattery. Hope this helps.

dragonfly
19-Mar-05, 15:33
we've always used a boarding kennel outside of Inverness and I would thoroughly recommend them - our labrador didn't want to leave them! They take really good care of the dogs, take them on 2 long walks a day and also groom them and best of all play music to the dogs! not sure if they take cats though. We once used the kennels at Keiss but personally I would not put my dog back there again!

details are:
colbre pampered pets
colbre house, muir of balnagowan, ardersier
inverness
Inverness-shire iv2 7qx
01667 462441

Don Quixote
19-Mar-05, 16:58
Catburn Cattery on the A9 near Dunbeath is excellent. Highly recommend it.

hammers
19-Mar-05, 18:05
I would never put my dog to Longreen Keiss. It looks an absolute hole.

gleeber
19-Mar-05, 20:00
Different strokes for different folks

A few years back I often put my cat out to the place in Keiss. Absolutely no problems. The latest Mozart was always spinning when I went there.
Anyway, for goodness sake its only a cat or a dug yer wanting to be looked efter. They wont complain. :D

Absolut1
19-Mar-05, 23:35
we've always used ramscraigs @ dunbeath,good sized exercise yard,music for the dogs, reasonable priced open 7 days until late. used keiss once because ramscraigs was full came to collect our dogs & there was no one there just walked in & took them left a note & payment, if i can walk in that easy i'm sure someone stealing pedigree dogs (yes it does happen!) could do the same

katarina
20-Mar-05, 08:00
Absolut - what kind of music do dogs like? 'Who let the dogs out'?

Absolut1
20-Mar-05, 13:14
depends on your dogs taste

Wizzbang
20-Mar-05, 21:16
Dogs music ? you'r all barking mad :lol:

Naefearjustbeer
20-Mar-05, 21:29
Absolut - what kind of music do dogs like? 'Who let the dogs out'?

Some faster pussycat may do the trick :)

shiney_shoes
22-Mar-05, 00:21
We once put our family dog to longreen, By time we had come back i had to acually go in2 the stupid kennel thing and get her because she was absolutley terrifed of the place,sat in the corner and shook. Will not be going back, its safter taking the dog with you! :mad: The cattery out near Gills, Closer to Mey is very good. Very friendly people. Recommend it.

Gus
22-Mar-05, 01:52
Catburn cattery near Dunbeath is superb - the owners really care and my cats never want to leave when they've been spoilt rotten there on their holidays. It has the bonus of only being a couple of hundred metres away from Ramscraigs, the doggery. I've only ever heard good reports about that place - they seem to be very professional.

PM me if you want the numbers.

dragonfly
22-Mar-05, 17:28
We once put our family dog to longreen, By time we had come back i had to acually go in2 the stupid kennel thing and get her because she was absolutley terrifed of the place,sat in the corner and shook. Will not be going back, its safter taking the dog with you! :mad:

Glad to see I am not alone in my thoughts about Longreens! my dog was covered in his own excrement and like yours was sitting in a corner shaking [mad]

~~Tides~~
22-Mar-05, 17:35
The latest Mozart

The latest Motzart?