PDA

View Full Version : Usergroup list of names - Sticky?

Torvaig
13-Feb-07, 11:28
Would it help if there was a "sticky" list of usergroup names?

Then any forum member who wants an issue dealt with by the user group can immediately see who to contact with that issue.

I think some forum members are expecting the usergroup to be active all the time in sorting out any problems with the forum but this is not the way it works (or so I understand).

The usergroup is there for us to contact if we want something implemented, sorted out or generally discussed. It is not there to work on it's own or to guess what the users want.

The usergroup is just that.
A group for us users to use.
It does what it says on the tin! ;)

golach
13-Feb-07, 11:36
No need for a sticky read the Usergroup forum
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=19075

Torvaig
13-Feb-07, 11:43
Yes Golach, I know about that list but I had to look for it. If it was a sticky it is there for all to see and to use!

As you know, a lot of members don't even look up the phone book for a telephone number; they ask on here rather than look. Same with looking for a business. Caithness.org has an excellent business section (and others) but do some people use them? No; they come on the boards and ask just for someone else to do the leg work!

Same with the usergroup; if the names are more prominent perhaps they will use it rather than complaining on the general board that the usergroup isn't doing anything.

cuddlepop
13-Feb-07, 11:45
The list would be helpfull as would an update on progress so far please.:D

Torvaig
13-Feb-07, 11:49
Hi CP; if you use the link that Golach has in his message above, that will take you to the usergroup members list. Choose a member to pm and put the point to them that you would like an update on progress so far or any other point you wish considered. Cheers. :)

cuddlepop
13-Feb-07, 11:59
I have been pm ing User group with questions but not everyone else does so perhapse a general short update posted on the general forum would be helpfull to all users.:D

Niall Fernie
13-Feb-07, 12:51
I've added a sticky in the usergroup forum (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=21579) that links to each of the members profile page from which you can PM them with your comments etc.

I'd like to see an end to the discussions in the general forum and instead have users contact their preferred usergroup member to take their comments/ideas/complaints further. That was one of the main ideas surrounding the usergroup in the first place.