PDA

View Full Version : Killing off Scotland

Westward
12-Nov-13, 18:40
In very recent times we heard of the saga of Grangemouth, the Clyde / Govan ship yards, the loss of jobs, the extinction of Scottish skills..now this;
http://news.scotland.gov.uk/News/Farming-funding-settlement-indefensible-617.aspx

the perception by many of feeling they are being blackmailed into voting no for Scottish Independence,

For myself, I think that such as those aforementioned, only has intensified the feeling of bitterness toward the Uk government..thereby, strengthening the case for Scottish Independence..

What are your thoughts?

Mrs Bradey
12-Nov-13, 19:09
I think you should not feel blackmailed and just vote how you feel and be true to yourself. the majority of the people I talk to say they will be voting no to independence saying they can't see how independence can work

mi16
12-Nov-13, 19:10
What has the closure / threat of closure of private companies have to do with the government? I agree on the EU payments though

theone
12-Nov-13, 19:10
Please tell me what two independent companies deciding to close parts of their business has to do with the YES (or no) campaign.

And tell me how Scottish farmers NOT getting money from the UK could possibly be blackmail to make you vote no.

Westward
12-Nov-13, 19:56
What has the closure / threat of closure of private companies have to do with the government? I agree on the EU payments though

That's just it, the actions of private companies has nothing to do with the government, yet they try to portray they have influence over future jobs in Scotland.
Why are they bothered with the future of the Scottish people at all?

mi16
12-Nov-13, 19:59
Because we are part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and will be FOREVERRRRRRRR

Westward
12-Nov-13, 19:59
Please tell me what two independent companies deciding to close parts of their business has to do with the YES (or no) campaign.

And tell me how Scottish farmers NOT getting money from the UK could possibly be blackmail to make you vote no.

Just another example of the Uk government seeing scottish people as non entities, I think.

shazzap
12-Nov-13, 20:06
Just another example of the Uk government seeing scottish people as non entities, I think.

They see the rest of the UK as Non Entities too. So your not being singled out there. Lol.

theone
12-Nov-13, 20:23

Again, I ask you.

What have these decisions to do with the government?

Do you also blame Westminster for Jim Bews paper shop closing in Thurso?

Nonsense.

mi16
12-Nov-13, 21:56
Again, I ask you.

Nonsense. now you're being silly, whatsits however was deffo Camerons doing

weezer 316
12-Nov-13, 22:17
Im amazed our country functions with folk like westward around. How the hell can something like a million people be as stupid as this?

This mad blame westminster/english/anyone else is killing us. But just keep listening. Such a stupid mindset is contagious becuase after you blamed that lot we all know hat black and jews are next.

Nationalism must die. It has to. Its almost as ignorant as religion.

linnie612
12-Nov-13, 22:19
the majority of the people I talk to say they will be voting no to independence saying they can't see how independence can work

What she said .....

Big Gaz
12-Nov-13, 22:23
so basically, this thread says that if i vote yes, then Scottish farmers will get loads of EU cash whilst i will get exactly how much??......

mi16
12-Nov-13, 22:33
Depends on how many farms you have

sids
12-Nov-13, 23:09

If so, we should credit them with reopening it too.

andyw
12-Nov-13, 23:18
Why would you take all the wheels of the bus when it running o/k, might not be perfect but o/k all right for me

Big Gaz
13-Nov-13, 00:17
Why would you take all the wheels of the bus when it running o/k, might not be perfect but o/k all right for me

aah, a response from the "i'm all right Jack" brigade. It isn't at all ok or right for you or anyone! open your eyes and see the damage done through increased taxation, stupid laws, immigration and meddling EU bureaucrats. This once proud nation is now in the throes of being split into two due to this damage, whether or not it does though remains to be seen. I guess you will be voting NO then?

Shabbychic
13-Nov-13, 00:37
Im amazed our country functions with folk like westward around. How the hell can something like a million people be as stupid as this?

This mad blame westminster/english/anyone else is killing us. But just keep listening. Such a stupid mindset is contagious becuase after you blamed that lot we all know hat black and jews are next.

Nationalism must die. It has to. Its almost as ignorant as religion.

Long time no see weezie....but nothing changes, does it?

A Tory speaketh......I say no more.

Westward
13-Nov-13, 09:41
Again, I ask you.

Nonsense.

I blame Westminster for the laying bare of the UK, I blame the present and past governments of the UK, for their apparent inadequacies in dealing with all of the issues of their time, they have each in their own way depleted each area, be it england, ireland, wales or scotland of their skilled work forces, of their industries, of their jobs..now their homes with the bedroom tax etc,

I will be voting yes in the coming independence referendum, because like land reform and other important acts important to scottish people, it might be a bit long winded but it cannot come soon enough, and it will come,

with regard to the uk government holding back money which was intended for scottish farmers & crofters, it is just another way of the uk government saying to scotland that they are controlled regardless,
it is as far as I can see yet another kick in the face in one scotland's own industries..

I am also appalled by the recent news that the Tories now wish to/ become involved with Agricultural Holdings (Scotland)
as if it is not in enough trouble,
all I can say is may the good lord be watching over the tenants because like everything else the farming industry in scotland could end up privatised, contracted work only,
no incentive in that for the tenant who harbours dreams, ambitions..a vision for his/ her family's future.

theone
13-Nov-13, 10:34
I blame Westminster for the laying bare of the UK, I blame the present and past governments of the UK, for their apparent inadequacies in dealing with all of the issues of their time, they have each in their own way depleted each area, be it england, ireland, wales or scotland of their skilled work forces, of their industries, of their jobs..now their homes with the bedroom tax etc,

I will be voting yes in the coming independence referendum, because like land reform and other important acts important to scottish people, it might be a bit long winded but it cannot come soon enough, and it will come,

Okay. I understand. So nothing to do with Govan/Grangemouth government blame from your first post.

I am also appalled by the recent news that the Tories now wish to/ become involved with Agricultural Holdings (Scotland)
as if it is not in enough trouble,
all I can say is may the good lord be watching over the tenants because like everything else the farming industry in scotland could end up privatised, contracted work only,
no incentive in that for the tenant who harbours dreams, ambitions..a vision for his/ her family's future.

Farming is already privatised.

Westward
13-Nov-13, 19:23
Okay. I understand. So nothing to do with Govan/Grangemouth government blame from your first post.

Farming is already privatised.

My point is why suddenly should Westminster wish to meddle in our rural affairs..

weezer 316
13-Nov-13, 19:32
Eh.....meddle? Arent they he government ofthe whole country?