PDA

View Full Version : BT Broadband / Phone...

Tam 2000
12-Nov-13, 09:48
We have been with BT for years but each year before the contract is due to be renewed they up our monthly debits by £10,so when we ring them to discuss this we get locked into a further year's subscription by their saying we will look at your account again and then drop it back where it was a year ago, and then they creep up the charge over the year again, this happens every year and at approx £45 a month for the phone rental and broadband we think its expensive. Does any one know a cheaper version for the phone/ broadband that we don't have to wait 3 weeks for connection,thanks

pat
12-Nov-13, 10:34
pal in Liverpool is with Post Office, price if I remember correctly is £25 a month, unlimited broadband, she has had no problems with them.
Will certainly look there when my contract with BT expires in the middle of the year.

Duncansby
12-Nov-13, 11:44
I've been with the Post Office for years now and phone and broadband bills average about £70 a quarter. They have free calls to landlines after 6pm and free calls to landlines and mobile at the weekend. Never had a problem with them and have moved property a couple of times and reconnections have been quick; if I remember right it's been within 2 weeks. There customer service has been good too.

Kodiak
12-Nov-13, 13:45
My son is with Plus Net and he pays £18 a Month for Phone and Broadband. Worth a Look.

Big Gaz
12-Nov-13, 19:56
My son is with Plus Net and he pays £18 a Month for Phone and Broadband. Worth a Look.

Plusnet here, no issues and unlimited 8mb (7mb actual) broadband for £24 a month, line rental included. It would be cheaper if i paid the line rental up front for a year. When i moved house last July, the switchover to the new place was done the same day but it was planned in advance. Initially the line quality was a problem but it was sorted within a few days so happy for now