PDA

View Full Version : Who is the head teacher at Thurso High School?

crayola
09-Nov-13, 14:40
Could someone please tell me who is the head teacher at Thurso High School? The school's Highland Council web page says it's Fiona Grant, a recent parent council newsletter says Ken Murphy has recently replaced John Mcgilp and the school's Wikipedia page is clearly nonsense, probably due to vandalism. The school' sown website doesn't say anything as far as I could see. What's going on?

The Happy Humanist
09-Nov-13, 15:20
I believe....
Fiona Grant was the head, but resigned from that post, though she still teaches in the school.
John McGilp was Head, seconded for a year from another school, but has not applied for the permanent post.
So Ken Murphy is acting Head teacher currently.
Not sure when there will be an appointment.. others may know more, I'm just a parent ;-)
Hope that helps.

aidipi
09-Nov-13, 15:42
Ken Murphy has been appointed the new Head Teacher at
Thurso High School.

crayola
10-Nov-13, 12:20
Thank you both. Do you know what subject he teaches? Is he interested in local history and tradition?

rich62_uk
10-Nov-13, 16:34
He 'was' an IT teacher. Now he is a full time head. (according to my children but they have been known to tell fibs lol)

crayola
11-Nov-13, 20:03
That's good because I'm an 'it girl'. We should get on well together. :) There was a fuss in Lochaber about his predecessor coming to Thurso. :( http://www.lochaber-news.co.uk/News/Move-row-head-teacher-to-return-18072013.htm

crayola
16-Nov-13, 12:51
I read in the newspaper this week that Ken Murphy has been given the job on a permanent basis. Good. He will have more clout to consider my proposal should Tesco be turfed off the mart site.

KarenK
16-Nov-13, 12:57
Ken Murphy has been appointed the new Head Teacher at
Thurso High School.

It's not much of a vote of confidence for the poor guy. Having advertised for the post, then re-advertised, and also publicly proclaimed that they couldn't find someone of suitable calibre to appoint, the Council seem to have just given up and given him the job. Mind you, I wouldn't fancy his job either.

gleeber
16-Nov-13, 13:24
Nor me.
I was thinking that myself and so I'm sure would Mr Murphy. It shows strength of character to take the job on. I wish him all the best.

orkneycadian
16-Nov-13, 14:57
Could someone please tell me who is the head teacher at Thurso High School?

Can't you just standby a cauldron of boiling water, lob in a few eyes of newts, testicles of frogs and the likes, and see the answer appear in the steam? ;)

crayola
17-Nov-13, 14:28
I don't believe in harming animals such as frogs but if you'd like to donate yours I'm sure I can use them with your explicit permission. :) I wish Mr Murphy all the best in his new role and I hope he doesn't have to deal with too many wild teenagers like I once was.

orkneycadian
18-Nov-13, 19:55
No problem. You can have as many of my frogs as I can cram in a shoebox for posting over to you! I might just have to lie a bit in the post office when they ask whats in the box!

crayola
20-Nov-13, 21:11
Referring to your privates as amphibians would fool all but the most pernickety of inspectors. :)

ducati
20-Nov-13, 21:25
On past posts, a box of frogs would be an appropriate present.

LMS
20-Nov-13, 22:45
He 'was' an IT teacher. Now he is a full time head. (according to my children but they have been known to tell fibs lol)He was a PE teacher before that ...

crayola
22-Nov-13, 22:05
Thank you. Once again I would like to wish Mr Murphy the best fortunes in his new post. I will be in touch if Tesco's ghost is forcibly removed from the old mart site.