PDA

View Full Version : Corigal, Corrigall of Canisbay, Stroma

jackie
18-Mar-05, 14:34
Looking for information on a Margaret Corrigall that was married to a Hugh Simpson of Stroma. She is listed as his wife on death cert of 1865. Now this Hugh apparently was married to a Margaret Robe(rt)son, he died 1865 Margaret Robe(rt)son apparently died 1876!
Trying to establish if there are 2 Hugh's Simpson's born in the same year and both were married to Margaret's, one a Corrigall and one a Robe(rt)son.
Yikes! Help.
Thanks Jackie :eek:

katarina
05-Jun-05, 20:46
Hi Jacky

I've put a lot more info on my family tree recently. My margaret corrigal married Malcolm Simpson. I have a hugh Simpson b 1804 marrying Margaret Robeson b 1805circa.
pop in and have a look if u haven't for a while. Have you got all the stuff I've got? I wouldn't be surprised if there were two hughs born in the same year - there seems to be the same names used over and over again - it gets very confusing

Catherine

Mamie_2
27-Jun-05, 01:03
Malcolm and Hugh Simpson are brothers - I have never come across a Margaret Corrigal married to Hugh Simpson in Stroma - only to Malcolm.

edit Well except for that death record you found Jackie lol. but it also says his parents are James Simpson and Ann Hares/Wares. The other Hugh Simpson's parents are William Simpson and Bessy Rosie. And it's that one that is on the 1841 and 1851 Censuses in Stroma - my guess is that somebody really screwed up the transcript of the death.

I have done some research on this family as another of Hugh and Malcolm's brother's James son William married a 2nd 2X removed cousin of mine Mary Steven.

Also one of Hugh's descendants married another cousin.

If you would like to see my tree it's accessible through Rootsweb - it has about 15000 people on it.

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=scotstar&id=I32