PDA

View Full Version : ***sugar free sweets - Thurso***

Flavours
07-Nov-13, 09:13
That's our Sugar Free Sweets arrived at our Christmas Shop (the Pop Up Shop, Thurso). A really good selection. We also have NO ADDED SUGAR Belgian Boxed Chocolates. Ask Artemis to put together a Christmas Wrap with your selection (or we will have standard sugar free wraps at £15.00). We can offer a SUGAR FREE HAMPER this year - we can make up our Indulgence Hamper as a sugar free/no added sugar alternative. (You can see the Hamper Display in the Shop to see The Indulgence). Open Mon to Sat 10 to 6. Look forward to seeing you soon. Flavours, John O'Groats open every day 11 to 4

Fran
07-Nov-13, 17:07
These sugar free sweets give you diarrohea

*Martin*
07-Nov-13, 17:23
I'm sure you have facts to back up that claim?

Flavours
07-Nov-13, 18:25
Our increased range of sugar free sweets is entirely due to customer demand (it's similar to us getting in dairy free sorbets for our customers; which was in direct response to demand). Lots of our customers have been asking for a decent range of sugar free sweets and have asked we stock hard boiled traditional sugar free sweets and no added sugar chocolates, in particular, for Christmas Gifts. I am sure diabetics and those on low sugar diets will always check the labels - there are an array of sweeteners out there and those individuals with particular dietary requirements may be familiar with the types. I have ordered several different ranges from a variety of stockists and we now have a permanent section at Flavours dedicated to SUGAR FREE. I am making up Sugar Free Christmas Hampers and wraps tomorrow (Friday) - in the John O'Groats Shop. Please ask about the particular sweeteners in the contents and we will be happy to identify them. Thanks for the feedback. Sandra, Flavours, John O'Groats

*Martin*
08-Nov-13, 14:04
Good on you for trying to supply what people are after! My wife took home some stuff from your shop recently and it was all great! Especially the choc drops for making hot chocolate :D

Ballymore
08-Nov-13, 18:50
In reply to Martin re: diarrhoea and sugar-freee sweets:

Sweets sweetened with matitol can give explosive diarrhoea and painful tummy cramps, specially if taking more than the recommended portion - there are various sites on the www that you can read about this.
Aspartame/phenylalanine has side-effects too long to list here so check out www.sweetpoison.com.
There are also side-effects with Truvia (contains stevia), a more modern sweetener.

Despite this I must thank you Flavours for accomodating customer demand! Loved your selection when I last was there, drooling away...mmm