PDA

View Full Version : Wicks new retail park - yahooo

catherine nicol
18-Mar-05, 13:51
Following on from another topic on the go........

I have to agree I often visit the cinema and there have never been more than 12 people there at any one of my visits, on two occasions my niece and myself were the only ones there to view the current films.

So sad to see a place under used, especially when we moaned for so long about not having one.

And you are also right, they do bring up newly released films that we previously had to scoot down to Inverness for.

Whilst on the subject of Inverness, I canna wait til the new business park in Wick is built.

I am not a fan of travelling up and down the road to Inverness. I have better things to do with my free time than spend it sitting in the car.

I am so pleased we are going to be receiving suitable outlets here on our doorstep and please please, don't winge local shopkeepers I don't see that these will hurt your businesses more like benefit them, coz I for one would be browsing down the main street and popping into a local cafe/pub/restaurant for lunch when I am down shopping which is something that I wouldn't normally be doing every weekend. I am sure others from Thurso and up the west coast will be doing the same. We will be new customers to you all and I for one am looking forward to more visits back to my home town and seeing old familiar faces that I only see on birthdays, xmas etc.

Thurso might only be 21 miles away but with working 5 days a week I never find the time at the weekends to visit Wick, I could just as easily be living in London ! My weekends are spent shopping - so hopefully my shopping will soon be in Wick. Looking forward to it already.

Many of my Thurso colleagues at Dounreay feel the same and can't wait til Tesco and the others come to Wick. They too will be doing there big grocery shopping in Wick and lunching out so take heid.

It isn't all doom and gloom.

katarina
18-Mar-05, 18:13
Then maybe some enterprising young people will buy boarded up shops and make more cafes to cater for all the shoppers? Little craft shops and antique shops like I've seen in other small towns would also add to the attraction of the place, and how about an amusement arcade?
However they have to make a profit and with the large rates imposed on main street shops, that would be impossible.

If I won the lottery.......but then people like me never do.

~~Tides~~
18-Mar-05, 18:18
Why are you starting a new thred on the same topic. Dont make the place any more confusing! :confused

katarina
18-Mar-05, 22:11
Get out of the Swelkie, Tides, then you won't be so confused.

bigjjuk
19-Mar-05, 10:53
yeh stop whinging tides, people can get excited