PDA

View Full Version : Does a witch's promise...?

crayola
02-Nov-13, 02:56
Does a witch's promise make you happy or distrustful?

RagnarRocks
02-Nov-13, 07:08
Has to be better than a gypsys curse :0)

joxville
02-Nov-13, 09:04
There was one in Downing Street for 10 years and she was distrustful.

ducati
02-Nov-13, 09:11
I liked the one in Downing Street.

crayola
02-Nov-13, 12:28
A witch always keeps her promise whether it be beneficial for you or bad for you. The witch in Downing St wasn't therefore a true witch.

orkneycadian
02-Nov-13, 18:27
Depends what she is promising! ;)

crayola
03-Nov-13, 00:45
A witch's promise is unconditional and independent of context. :)

Dadie
03-Nov-13, 00:56
Depends on the promise and its outcome for me!
If good for me go for it!...if not I would rather not have the promise thanks...but still not distrustful ..just opting out on the promise before its cast.
Its the nature of the person setting the promise im more distrustful of rather than their beliefs.
Besides what about the threefold thing?
Oh before I forget its nice to hear from you againxxxx
Got myself a new cat.Fergus furball a fluffy ginger kitten, just little but growing like a mushroom like the kids!

David Banks
03-Nov-13, 01:05
there is no such thing (or person) as a witch

crayola
03-Nov-13, 01:32
I am a witch and I have more promises than any power of three witches has ever had or made in the history of Wicca. My promises last forever and a day. Does your trust of me make you optimistic or will you perish in self pity?

crayola
03-Nov-13, 01:52
I have about ten cats if you count all those that come to me and my earthly abode for food, company and comfort. I shall name the next one Dadie. :)

RagnarRocks
03-Nov-13, 06:20
So can I ask a question is your version of a witch based on Wicca the modern mix n match make it up as you go a long type or based on shamanism the much more ancient practise ?

David Banks
03-Nov-13, 21:12
I am a witch and I have more promises than any power of three witches has ever had or made in the history of Wicca. My promises last forever and a day. Does your trust of me make you optimistic or will you perish in self pity?

OK, I'll bite.

First, let's have your answer to RagnarRocks question ". . is your version of a witch based on Wicca . . ?"

Second, why have the options changed from "happy or distrustful" to what you say in the linked quote ?

Next: how did you convince yourself that is was safe (or factual) for you to boast that you "have more promises . . " ?

And, how can you convince the rest of us that you are a "witch" ?

I could go on, but later, perhaps.

gleeber
03-Nov-13, 21:33
Does a witch's promise make you happy or distrustful?I've known Crayola on the org for years. I can vouch for her witchiness in the realms of illusion. I've met women who claim to be witches in real life too. Its safer to believe them but they frighten me. :lol:
A witches promise would make me both happy and distrustful.

RagnarRocks
03-Nov-13, 21:40
I'm curious as to whether considering the locale and history you would define yourself as Seišr or spį ?And your mention of the 3 would that be derived from the Norns ? Uršr ,Veršandi,Skuld !I ask this as by my best understanding the practise of magic is neither good nor evil but transcends and encompasses both call it if you like two sides of the same coin they exist together so to be a practiser of one must also make you a practiser of the other. So when you ask about a promise one would have to ask what was the promise and the basis of it before you can judge it trustworthy or not surely the context of the promise defines what it becomes.

gleeber
03-Nov-13, 21:46
I'm curious as to whether considering the locale and history you would define yourself as Seišr or spį ?And your mention of the 3 would that be derived from the Norns ? Uršr ,Veršandi,Skuld !I ask this as by my best understanding the practise of magic is neither good nor evil but transcends and encompasses both call it if you like two sides of the same coin they exist together so to be a practiser of one must also make you a practiser of the other. So when you ask about a promise one would have to ask what was the promise and the basis of it before you can judge it trustworthy or not surely the context of the promise defines what it becomes.I think you might be making too much of it. :lol:

RagnarRocks
03-Nov-13, 21:49
I've known Crayola on the org for years. I can vouch for her witchiness in the realms of illusion. I've met women who claim to be witches in real life too. Its safer to believe them but they frighten me. :lol:A witches promise would make me both happy and distrustful.Not trying to draw contention but more of understanding it sounds as though crayola practises ųrlög viewing of the fates. Which would incline me to believe she is more fjölkunnigr-kona or cunning woman or knowledgeable woman dependant on translation, using the ways of the wyrd.Although neither of these would apply to a coven as they are solitary practises covens being a modern Christian invention to demonise the old ways and persecute simple healers and such like

RagnarRocks
03-Nov-13, 21:51
I think you might be making too much of it. :lol:Just curious no more :0)

Whitewater
04-Nov-13, 00:59
Ah crayola, can you make me a nice promise? I have met many witches in my life, sometimes spelt with a capital B, but I still long to meet the genuine article. Perhaps one day!! Who knows?

cesare
04-Nov-13, 01:54
i really think you need to get a grip on reality get out more possibly meet new people

crayola
04-Nov-13, 21:56
My coven is progressive and evolutionary. We learn and we practise what is right, not what our ancestors mistakenly believed was right. The power of four is twice as powerful as the power or three and therefore we work in fours. Our traditions are from the south west rather than from Norseland.

RagnarRocks
04-Nov-13, 22:11
South west as in Glastonbury you'd probably know Yamaya a long standing friend of mine :0)) or do you want to go further south and west to say Cornwall or Devon just curious as I've spent a lot of time in those parts of the world. I have met quite a few Druids etc so always interested in the various incarnations. Now as you say your ways do not come for the Norse version which way do they eminate from as there has to be a source for all power :0)

orkneycadian
04-Nov-13, 22:41
The power of four is twice as powerful as the power or three and therefore we work in fours.

With such a logarithmic scale, the power proportion is obviously mathematical rather than supernatural.

crayola
05-Nov-13, 21:20
South west as in south west Scotland. Our power comes from within Mother Earth and from within ourselves. We select the super from nature and our logs from the forest. :)