PDA

View Full Version : old florest shop

essex boy
31-Oct-13, 20:22
Does anyone know whats happening with 'Amandas' florest? I drove past there today and the place was being painted.

Shaggy
31-Oct-13, 20:25
i heard she had quit the shop a couple months back. im sure there was something on here about it

starfish
31-Oct-13, 21:53
my other half said he here it was going to be a sex shop like ann summers

Shaggy
31-Oct-13, 22:36
cant see that happening, theres already one just down the road a bit from Amandas old shop

essex boy
31-Oct-13, 22:37
I would not be suprised, the bloke did look a bit dodgy!

CashPoint
31-Oct-13, 22:57
I would not be suprised, the bloke did look a bit dodgy!
do you mean the one with the paint brush in his hand or the shifty looking one with him in the blue truck drinking his tea :D oh no that was you wasn't it Paul:lol:

essex boy
31-Oct-13, 23:25
I did hear that it maybe a massage parlour!

CashPoint
01-Nov-13, 00:02
just for you Essex boy (boss)
We will be opening
10am Thursday 14th November

CASH POINT
DO YOU NEED CASH FAST?
It's easy!
You bring it - We buy it - You buy it back again!
Bring your everyday items of value to us.
We’ll buy your items from you for instant cash.
You walk away with money
and the assurance of being able to buy back
the goods within 28 days.
Quick & easy service.
A storage and handling fee applies.
Proof of ID and address required.
OPEN THUR, FRI, SAT 10am - 5pm
45 Dempster St, Wick, Caithness
KW1 5QB
01955 605411
we buy
gold, silver,jewellery,collectables,
...................and much much more.................
IF WE CAN VALUE IT WE CAN ACCEPT IT
...............why not give us a try?....................

Larkins
01-Nov-13, 00:10
Rob and Tracy expanding from Weatherfield to Wick?

Dadie
01-Nov-13, 00:22
Great our 1st pawnbrokers....
Tracy Barlow!
hmmn...get prices from em amd advertise for free on the org!

RagnarRocks
01-Nov-13, 07:15
Personally I don't think pawn shops are anything to sing and dance about but they have been around a long time. Just reminds me of the immense damage done to the Country by successive labour governments

starfish
01-Nov-13, 11:10
how comes nearly every thread on here becomes a soap box for people to spout politics why not start your own threads and stop hi jacking others

Shaggy
01-Nov-13, 11:13
thats the org for you. incidentally, i see there is already a whinge about this shop on the journal website

radiohead
01-Nov-13, 11:24
Sadly it is a sign of the times, I wondered how long it would be before "Barlows Buys" expanded to Wick...

CashPoint
02-Nov-13, 00:15
I would not be suprised, the bloke did look a bit dodgy!That's funny Paul (boss) he looked remarkably like the bloke who was delivering logs for you today :D

colingel
02-Nov-13, 10:33
I wish there was a like button on the org. Karma springs to mind on so many occasions LOL

Shaggy
02-Nov-13, 11:36
That's funny Paul he looked remarkably like the bloke who was delivering logs for you today :D

Classic! two portions of humble pie coming up!!

Hibeechick
06-Nov-13, 16:32
i heard she had quit the shop a couple months back. im sure there was something on here about it

Just a little note.... Although I have stopped working in the shop I am still doing freelance floristry work.
Just to let people know....a few people have told me how gutted they are that i've stopped being a florist. Nothing is further from the truth :) Just taken a different path with it. Will still take orders for local, whether its weddings, funeral work etc....as well as jetting off around the world to work for other florists and designers.

Thanks for letting me hijack the thread and let people know :D

Amanda.

www.facebook.com/amandascreativeflorist

hopper.65
10-Nov-13, 06:19
Probably one of the few start up retail ventures that will tick over in Caithness at moment, many start up a retail unit in Caithness thinking it is a way to earn loads of cash then realise it is near impossible to even pay the overheads and they were better of before, there is only a small handful of businesses in this part of the world these days who make good money and it's those who don't rely on Caithness entirely that are doing well as town centres of Thurso and Wick really are struggling and shops are scrapping over what little people there are shopping in them, i was always inclined to see this kind of business as a quick route for criminals to shift hot goods and added to the burglary problems in the country we have today, not having a swipe at the owner of this new shop and notice they require an address and I.D to sell anything which is about all you can do and there is a mountain of stolen goods flogged on e bay everyday even though they say this is not the case so they aren't exactly the sole route for a thief in this day and age, good luck with your venture and cheer up all those who got excited that Ann Summers was hitting wick, not sure why they would bother as there are countless Ann Summers shindigs across Caithness every weekend, almost entirely in households full of mad females from what i hear while the boys eagerly await what's inside their other halves A.S goodie bag when they eventually buy up all the reps stock and stumble back home again!.

CashPoint
10-Nov-13, 11:08
and notice they require an address and I.D to sell anything which is about all you can do and if a photo ID is not available to keep a copy of we will be taking a photo of the seller for our records, plus all transactions/activities will be recorded on 24hr digitally recorded CCTV
good luck with your venture
Many Thanks, much appreciated:o)