PDA

View Full Version : Aurora Borealis

RagnarRocks
31-Oct-13, 18:31
For those of you interested in such things there is a high probability of seeing the Aurora Borealis this evening that's if the rain stops and clouds clear a bit. A fine show for this All Hallows' Eve

donss
31-Oct-13, 18:40
It was exceptional last night.... hope the cloud cover clears for a while tonight too... :-)

Kathy@watten
31-Oct-13, 19:14
Where and what time might they appear?

cptdodger
31-Oct-13, 19:19
Where and what time might they appear?

I was about to ask the same thing Kathy !! Also can I ask, my daughter is taking my grandson to Lapland to see Santa at the beginning of December, is it quite common to see the Aurora Borealis there ?

davem
31-Oct-13, 19:29
In the sky to the north approx 1/3 the way up horizon to straight overhead. Can be a faint greenish glow to brighter green - like glowing flames- need fewer streetlights to see them properly. Preferably no streetlights.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57299237@N05/ There are some amazing pics here inc a video...

Gordon MacKie's photo's

davem
31-Oct-13, 19:31
See them more now; its been quiet a good while since I saw them, less solar activity - its building up now. Need dark night - no clouds, solar activity all at the same time. Should def be more to see this winter....

RagnarRocks
31-Oct-13, 19:39
Last night it was after 9