PDA

View Full Version : seeds

sweetpea
10-Feb-07, 19:39
Just planted marigolds, sunflowers, tomatoes and some herbs. Anyone else planted anything yet?

sweetpea
11-Feb-07, 18:22
You have a big variety. I'm doing tatties, broccoli, beetroot, spring onions, several salad leaves, a few new herbs although I have a well extablished herb bed, carrots in pails, tatties in black bags too and maybe some peppers in pots. I don't usually do outdoor tomatoes except sometimes I put the pots out in the really good weather if we get any lol. I'm a big sweetpea fan so I'll have a lot of them in 3 areas of the garden, like them for cut flowers. I'm also doing a big sunflower display along a wall I do every year. I'm experimenting with pumpkins and squashes too. I'm going to do some augmentum i think it's called, did it last year, lovely luminous blue.
I inherited a well established garden 3 years ago so lots of good shrubs and loads of bulbs, they are everywher, trying to lift them for last two years to thin and clear some bits.
I've got a good size garden but it needs a lot of heavy work done that I can't do so have to rely on folk.I've got the vision but not the manpower lol.
Other than that just whatever takes my fancy as the months go on. I like informal planting, veg in with flowers etc whatever looks quaint or unusual. I've got loads of wild yellow poppies so keep thinnning them out. Have a BIG bag of seed I collected if you want some.

FieryFairy
13-Feb-07, 15:33
Hi Sweetpea! I haven't really started yet, but hubby bought me some seeds as an early Valentine's pressie. :) So, right now I've got:

peas
sweet pepper
spinach
cherry tomato
Italian mix leaf salad
salad onion
sprouting broccoli
cucumber
pumpkin
sweet corn
onions
potatoes

I'm going to read through the instructions and see what I can start off inside, and then I need to get going on sorting the patch in the garden. I've been waiting until it isn't so wet out there, but I could be waiting forever at this rate!

sweetpea
14-Feb-07, 19:15
Hope you have better luck with your pumkins than I've had. Tried them a couple of times now but not sure where I'm going wrong. I planted them 3 seeds to a pot with seeds on thier sides, got them up to plants ready to go out but then they didn't come to anything outside. Think they might be better in a glass house.
I've got a long strip that I use for veg and I plant some in pots, buckets, bags or whatever and some among flowerbeds. The ground is a bit wet but I turned my patch last week and it looks better at least.

changilass
14-Feb-07, 19:54
I have sowed all my herb seeds ready to go out when the weather gets warmer

stratman
14-Feb-07, 20:03
Woolies are selling seeds "buy one get one free". They are Mr Fothergill's.

sweetpea
14-Feb-07, 22:24
Woolies are selling seeds "buy one get one free". They are Mr Fothergill's.
Yeah I've bought some it's quite a goos offer for them. Have you tried lidls seeds?

stratman
14-Feb-07, 22:48
Yeah I've bought some it's quite a goos offer for them. Have you tried lidls seeds?

No I haven't but have bought some. See you for a chat about it same time next year!!!

sweetpea
14-Feb-07, 22:56
No I haven't but have bought some. See you for a chat about it same time next year!!!
haha yeah never thought. Let me know how you get on.