PDA

View Full Version : Highland council AGAIN!!

bingo1
10-Feb-07, 19:03
Can you beleive it we are now well into the second month of febuary and the council still havent put up the new bus time tables at the bus stops.
I complained about in january as looking at the old time table and seeing the old times none the wiser that they had changed, i missed a very important hospital appointment. They told me that the new ones would be dealt with that week. LIES LIES LIES.
I was in wick today the bus stop at the river and there were elderly ladies and myself awaiting the bus to thurso going by the time table there but no bus untill TWO HOURS LATER!! Than is said on the time table.
The old ladies too cold to stand there went into the supermarket and took a seat in the warm to wait.
I however was unwell and had to get home so it cost me £22 for a taxi.:~(
I Have called the bus station but they said that it is the council who has to deal with it. It is rediculus what is it that they do all day in those flaming council offices? Has anyone else been effected by this error?

sweetpea
10-Feb-07, 19:25
I know someone who nearly missed a very important appointment too but they luckily got a lift.

badger
10-Feb-07, 19:49
I'm afraid it's no use relying on bus stop timetables. Over a year ago I waited with others for a bus shown on the timetable by Somerfields in Wick. After a long wait we asked the driver of another bus who told us it had been taken off the timetable. Also in mid winter and very cold.

Oddquine
10-Feb-07, 22:41
I don't suppose anyone knows if there is a bus into Wick from Lybster for 9am every day during the week.

I keep on checking the timetable from the Rapson's site, but can find no updates on it from the original one which didn't have one but in school holidays.

Alice in Blunderland
11-Feb-07, 01:48
Oddquine, Dont know if this is any use but there are three people who get on the Rapson school bus ( coming in from Dunbeath, Lybster ) every weekday from Thrumster around 8.35. If they are picking up them surely they are picking up other people along the route. :confused

Oddquine
11-Feb-07, 02:08
Oddquine, Dont know if this is any use but there are three people who get on the Rapson school bus ( coming in from Dunbeath, Lybster ) every weekday from Thrumster around 8.35. If they are picking up them surely they are picking up other people along the route. :confused

I thought Rapson's didn't have the school contract any more. I did get the school bus before the change to the timetable after the Christmas holidays

embow
11-Feb-07, 10:01
School bus leaves Mon-Fri from Lybster at around 8.20/25 am and is scheduled to be in Wick at Bridge Street at around 8.50am. It takes any passengers who wish to travel on it. A 10 journey ticket costs £21. This is the cheapest option if you are travelling regularly. On Saturday it's slightly different leaving at 8.14 and due in around 8.39. Be there a few mins before the time as the bus tends to leave sharp on time!

ywindythesecond
14-Feb-07, 02:03
[quote=bingo1;189876]Can you beleive it we are now well into the second month of febuary and the council still havent put up the new bus time tables at the bus stops."

Just an observation. If you post to this forum, you don't need to go down to the bus stop to check the timetable, you are connected to the internet.
But not everyone can check on the internet, so it is still important to put up the timetables. Whoever is responsible for putting up timetables should not forget that.

ywindythesecond