PDA

View Full Version : Facing North

Kevin Milkins
26-Oct-13, 08:00
I changed bedrooms recently and despite being newly decorated, fresh and pleasing, I found it difficult to get an undisturbed nights sleep. I did a google and came up with advice about having your head facing the North because of the magnetic fields.

I have no walls in my room facing North so had to put the bed in the middle of the room to line it up with my compass. I am surprised I had a much more relaxed night sleep and was wondering if anyone else has experienced these sort of issues with sleeping.

joxville
26-Oct-13, 10:22
I've heard of others with the same problem and it seems to have worked for them, however, I can see one fault in the theory, what do you do if you live on the North Pole? :-)

Kevin Milkins
26-Oct-13, 10:48
I think if I lived at the North Pole, Jox, I would be more concerned with what thermals to wear.lol

This is the quote on the subject that I found on Google.

Getting a good night's sleep should be as easy as lying down and closing your eyes. Yet that deeply restful state eludes many people night after night. What can Feng Shui do to move you more easily into dreamland? Quite a lot if you address these important questions. First and most simple, does your bed position command the door? Sleep as far from the entrance as possible with a good visual perspective of the door.

If your sleeping body doesn't feel safe you'll stay tense and that feeling will permeate your bed. Buffer your self from the energy stream that pours through the door. Chi enters a room veers left and flows around the space clockwise. Sleeping too close to that energy pathway may stop you from dozing and will probably give you a stiff neck.

That's why a bed along the far wall is so desirable since the Chi is diffused before reaching you. Second question, what compass direction does your sleeping head point? Your body is magnetic and your head is the point of the needle. It wants to point north. Your body's energy flows from your head down over your chest to your feet.

The Earth's energy flows from the North Pole down to the South. When you sleep you want these two currents to align. Ideally between three and five in the morning (the hours of the Tiger), you roll onto your back so your lungs and aura can expand and recharge (Chi means breath). During this time the Earth's southern flowing Chi brushes your aura from head to toe helping to restore and align your chakras.

If instead your feet point north the Earth's Chi brushes against the natural flow of your aura and you feel like a cat that's been stroked the wrong way, grumpy. Pushing the energies of the lower body up onto the heart and thymus sometimes results in anxiety attacks. While pointing the head of the bed north is ideal, generally sixty degrees to either side of north (north east to north west) works well. In a pinch point it east or west, but avoid anything in the southern quadrants.

One problem with northern facing houses; keeping beds away from noisy streets often places their head against the back wall, facing south. We've seen many houses where the south wall was the only place the bed would fit. When you pick your next house bring a compass.

Sometimes aligning the bed with the north puts it in a poor command position. When sleep is the issue the practical solution is to align the bed and then place a reflective surface to enhance your view of the door. If this places the bed uncomfortably close to the stream then insulate yourself from it. Our favorite method is with a large piece of rose quartz placed on the bed stand between you and the door. It projects a calming energy that diverts the stream.

Cleanse the stone periodically by soaking it in sunlight or saltwater for a day. A palm-sized piece under the pillow turns off a troubled mind and opens the doorway to relaxation. The third and most complex question, how much light and electricity pollutes your bedroom? Asleep you are thousands of times more sensitive to these subtle elements than while awake. Light sensitive people often need to eliminate all artificial light sources from their bedrooms; i.e. clock faces, VCR and TV displays, and streetlights.

People born with strong Gemini, Libra and Aquarius in their western astrological charts, or those born in the hours of the Tiger (3 AM-5AM), Horse (11AM-1PM) and Dog (7PM-9PM) are inclined to this sensitivity. Many people's sleep deprivation began with the advent of the illuminated dial clock radio with its powerful Alternating Current electromagnetic field, and the light-leaking mini blind.

A battery-operated clock (batteries use a gentle Direct Current) and a set of window darkening shades can affect a big improvement. The human body has a Direct Current nervous system just like the Earth. The graceful movements of Tai Chi emulates that smooth flow encouraging our energy to move gently and effortlessly.

For economic reasons modern homes are wired with Alternating Current that changes directions continuously. Imagine doing Tai Chi to rap music. Alternating Current makes your nerves chatter. AC electricity running through walls near your sleeping body causes disruption. Installing a switch to turn off the electricity in the bedroom walls while you sleep is a simple solution that can dramatically improve sleep. Initially replacing the clock and moving the bed a few feet away from the wall is a good start.

Supplementing with the relaxing mineral magnesium and large amounts of essential fatty acids found in olive and flax seed oils will help you compensate for the over electrified environments called the modern home. They restore the soul and smooth the pathway to the good night's sleep we all deserve. Any reflective surface in the bedroom, whether it's a mirror, TV screen, or glass fronted picture becomes an obstruction to sleep if it does one of three things.

First, it uncomfortably increases light levels. Second, you see your reflection when sitting in bed (this "spooks" the sleeping body). Third, it pushes the Chi in the wrong direction. What's the wrong direction? Against the natural flow of the body and the room! Reflective surfaces work best when they move Chi clockwise around the room. A large mirror pushing counter-clockwise can actually reverse the flow, which in turn can reverse the flow of the sleeper's field.

Generally hang no reflective surface facing the bed lower than three feet above the height of the mattress. This avoids over stimulating the aura layers close to the body. Don't place them at the foot of your bed since that pushes the lower parts of your aura towards the higher. Here's an exception, placing a reflective surface on the wall three to four feet above the head of your bed can be useful since it simulates energy flowing from the North.

If the head has to point south this can help. Finally here are a couple of valuable secrets. Never ever wear out door shoes into your bedroom. Ignoring this can cause nightmares. Look under the beds of folks who can never seem to get away from work and you'll find their office shoes tossed underneath.

Imagine Chi flowing in your bedroom door as a pure stream of water. Then here come your work shoes caked with the stressful yuck of your day. They muddy up that pristine stream and during the night your sleeping body soaks in that stress-filled information. Second secret. There are two places that are critical for promoting sleep. The east by north east section of the house and bedroom. Also the near left hand wall of your bedroom as seen from the door.

Both areas relate to the dream state. Clear them of any disruptive debris that might interfere with your ability to create a sleepy haven. Third secret. Make sure your feet are warm. They relate to your dreams and if they're cold you're less inclined to tip toe easily into dreamland. As you solve these problems think creatively. Maybe you're trying to sleep in the wrong bedroom, or in the wrong direction, so move things around. Every improvement requires change, so innovate and create a haven that supports your dreams.

you
26-Oct-13, 12:23
Have you looked at Ley Lines?

Kodiak
26-Oct-13, 12:55
So if this really was correct and it worked, why are there not more people trying to get to the South Pole where it is North in all Directions. :Razz

madmissus
26-Oct-13, 18:45
Feng Shui will be yir answer, Kevin!!! Wishing ye a great nights sleep!!!!

Alice in Blunderland
26-Oct-13, 19:17
Feng Shui will be yir answer, Kevin!!! Wishing ye a great nights sleep!!!! Nah a Baileys with ice is the answer .....a large one ;)

Kevin Milkins
27-Oct-13, 11:51
You,Ley Lines are interesting subject and deserve some study.

Kodiak, I think the bears would put people off the South Pole:eek:

Madmissus, Feng Shui is interesting, but I could only pull bits out as being serious.

Alice, how many gallon of Baileys would I have to drink to make me tipsy? :lol:

Although at first it seemed very unconventional having the bed in the middle of the room, I have warmed to the idea and certainly find it a much more relaxing sleep.

sids
27-Oct-13, 12:18
Kodiak, I think the bears would put people off the South Pole:eek:

Some say the notorious South Polar bear is a myth, like this north-south sleeping rubbish.

More crystals, Vicar?