PDA

View Full Version : Cats or dogs

chocolatechip
09-Feb-07, 23:19
which do you prefer? I love dogs they can be so cute and cuddly. My family has 2 labs and they are so, so, so good natured they r only pups at the min but so cute the black lab that we have tries taking you walkies and it's so funny. if he cant get a proper grip on the wrist he will try agan until he gets it:D has anyone had this expereiance with a dog b4

dragonfly
09-Feb-07, 23:32
BOTH! got 3 cats and 2 dogs and would happily get more of both if hubby would let me!

chocolatechip
09-Feb-07, 23:53
my sister saw some lurchers for sale and she asked dad if she could get them but he said NO but isf she had her way she would get them:D

pirateeye
09-Feb-07, 23:54
and WHYYY did u onlymention the dogs chocolatechip?? what bout the 6 cats??? they'll be so :~( hurt

jambo
09-Feb-07, 23:56
got 2 b cats if ur driveing what would u rather c cat eyes or dogs eyes ??????

chocolatechip
10-Feb-07, 00:03
if your drivin in the dark it's only sheeps ye see lol

EDDIE
10-Feb-07, 00:19
I think the worst thing about having a dog is when they fart its a mega bad smell especially when they let them out quietly and when u question them over it there ears go down because they no there in the wrong

cookie
10-Feb-07, 01:47
Has to be dogs, they are such wonderful companions.;)

Lolabelle
10-Feb-07, 03:10
I think the worst thing about having a dog is when they fart its a mega bad smell especially when they let them out quietly and when u question them over it there ears go down because they no there in the wrong

Dogs farting is only a problem if you feed em food that makes em fart. My dogs are on a high protien diet and they rarely fart.
And they spend most of thier time inside, so I would notice.
As for cats versus dogs. They are both wonderful. Cats are wonderfully superior and independant. Dogs are wonderfully faithful and good companions. I love both for different reasons. But I only have dogs as Dave doesn't like cats much. :~(

Ricco
10-Feb-07, 09:06
Neither, I'm afraid. Don't get me wrong - I do like both cats and dogs. I love birds, you see. My garden is a haven for wild birds and cats are obviously banned. A dog would be nice but as we both work it wouldn't be fair to leave it alone for 12 hours a day.

danc1ngwitch
10-Feb-07, 09:54
In having a dog, it then is supposed to take on the problems you are having... ( open mind ). My old grey cat comes back an fro as she pleases... I love them both...

Geo
10-Feb-07, 10:44
Dogs, with cats a close second. We have one of each just now.

By the way I would start training the lab to stop grabbing you by the wrist for walks. If he was to repeatedly try to get a "proper grip" of someone's wrist that came to the door they might think he is trying to bite.

_Ju_
10-Feb-07, 12:03

You can't sell them, recycle them or rent them, so you have to give them away, Eddie :lol:

fred
10-Feb-07, 12:06

Not my dog, he never seems to know if it was him or not. If I ask him he has to stick his nose under his tail to check and if it was him a big smile appears on his face.

kitty
10-Feb-07, 20:09
BOTH! got 3 cats and 2 dogs and would happily get more of both if hubby would let me!

Got to agree with you dragonfly, I have two of each and would def have more if my boyfriend would let me and if i had the room :D

candyfloss
10-Feb-07, 22:03
I would have to say cats, we have two of the little darlings,there's nothing like a cozy night in at the fire and a kitty curled up on your lap :D

cuddlepop
10-Feb-07, 22:10
I love dogs and would have more than one but it kinda gets difficult as my own dog will tolerate a visitor for a weekend or two.Think she's managed two weeks max and then its terminal decline.
Never thought of the dog taking on the owners problems before......
Would explain alot of mines one person one focus.
Can dogs have Asperger's,they reckon cats can have this condition.:eek:

Wish
11-Feb-07, 00:30
Dogs definately, I adore dogs:cool:

I like cats, but I am allergic:roll:

rockchick
11-Feb-07, 00:40
I used to be a cat lover...me and the boyfriend had four between us...but ever since I've had a dog! well, that's me gone.

Cats - are independent
Dogs - give you constant positive affirmation

Cats - allow you to feed them
Dogs - know which bag comes from the butchers

Cats - will deign to allow you to pet them
Dogs - provide constant support and adoration

If I have to awake prior to CT (Caffeine Time) give me a dog any time

I love my dog!!!

p.s. Shipped the cat out last year...by all accounts, doing fine in the country...

j4bberw0ck
11-Feb-07, 01:34
Cats = toxoplasmosis
Dogs = worms

But having said that I was brought up with Boxer dogs and love 'em to pieces.

fred
11-Feb-07, 11:04
Dogs = worms

Should we let them know over on the dieting thread?

_Ju_
11-Feb-07, 12:24
Cats = toxoplasmosis
Dogs = worms

But having said that I was brought up with Boxer dogs and love 'em to pieces.

Cats under the age of 6 months MIGHT equal toxoplasmosis, that is only a danger to specific groups, by the way (immuno-supressed and/or pregnant)

Dogs MIGHT equal worms if not kept clean ( fleas) or not regularly de-wormed.

Humans owning pets SHOULD = responsibility

;)

j4bberw0ck
11-Feb-07, 13:23
Awwww _Ju_........ I'm sorry. My misguided sense of humour again. I love dogs, I really do. Cats are OK-ish :lol:. Now back to the tiling..... :(

Victoria
11-Feb-07, 13:43
Dogs!!! but then i would say that!

blondscot
11-Feb-07, 15:28
Each have their own pros and cons but i have both cats and dogs and love them equally they all have thier own personal ways but i know that when i aint feeling 100% thd dogs stay round my feet but the cats like to be closer they seem to want to comfort you by sitting on you and purring!!!! but i would never be without any of them!!