PDA

View Full Version : Asda at Tain

Fran
19-Oct-13, 23:06
Why don't buses go from wick to Add a, why is there no bus stop anywhere near it. Grrrrr. I'm sure a lot of people would use a bus.

rogermellie
19-Oct-13, 23:41
unless you've got a personal gripe against tesco, i'm not sure it'd be worth the time and hassle Fran.

the selection and price is much the same as Wick Tesco, but the cafe at ASDA (unbelievably) is even worse than Tescos

to add to your misery; after that long journey, disappointing purchases and inept cafe staff with inedible food ... they have square toilet seats .... that's right, square toilet seats

Dadie
20-Oct-13, 00:18
The cafe in Inverness ASDA was worse than the cafe in tescos in Inverness on the way to airport...IMHO
But love ASDA clothing for kids as what I have had in the way of clothes doest go short n fat with funny seems when tumbled.
And as for fluff omg its a thing to die for with bread sticks! ..for not to be gotten elsewhere things its worth a big home shop if its on the del route!
As for square loo seats the kids thought they were a novelty and were great!....the power handdryers were the bees knees!

Fran
20-Oct-13, 11:28
I only commented about buses not the quality of asda shopping and square toilet seats. I personally like asda very much.yesterday the staff were very efficient. I queried a past till receipt, was given a refund and also some credit on an asda gift card for my inconvenience. Very good. I still wonder about buses.

2little2late
20-Oct-13, 23:37
I only commented about buses not the quality of asda shopping and square toilet seats. I personally like asda very much.yesterday the staff were very efficient. I queried a past till receipt, was given a refund and also some credit on an asda gift card for my inconvenience. Very good. I still wonder about buses.
Isn't it amazing how people digress? I know the X99 goes past Asda Tain but I'm not sure it stops there. I suppose if plenty people took that journey to Asda maybe the bus would stop there.

Dadie
20-Oct-13, 23:46
Hey whats wrong with shopping online and getting it delivered from ASDA...maybe selfish thoughts. but if more in the KW1 5 xx in Wick did they would expand their catchment area...
And we would be included!
Different products and more choice etc..!
As I said earlier I love ASDA for what I use it for...and more choice in supermarkets might make tescos stand up and think about competition even up here!

2little2late
21-Oct-13, 00:00
Why don't buses go from wick to Add a, why is there no bus stop anywhere near it. Grrrrr. I'm sure a lot of people would use a bus.

Why don't you do an online order Fran? Asda deliver to Wick 7 days a week.

Fran
21-Oct-13, 17:29
I do an online shop with asda, in fact I'm waiting for it to arrive but they don't do clothing or underwear etc that's why I like to go personallt

mi16
21-Oct-13, 17:42

Its not like Tain is huge just walk from the nearest stop.

Dadie
21-Oct-13, 18:37
You can get clothing from ASDA delivered as well...

http://direct.asda.com/george/GRG_INFO_DELIVERY_CHARGES,default,pg.html

£2.95 delivery charge is reasonable.

2little2late
22-Oct-13, 21:05
I do an online shop with asda, in fact I'm waiting for it to arrive but they don't do clothing or underwear etc that's why I like to go personallt

I think you will find Asda home shopping do deliver clothing too.

brambles
22-Oct-13, 21:34
You can buy a grocery pass that gives you 3 months deliveries of food or asda direct home shopping for 15 pounds. Excellent value

Droopy
23-Oct-13, 04:37
It's been estimated that 17% of the world population have to walk over 10 miles daily to collect water and to perform basic sanitary actions.

Therefor the bus not stopping at ASDA in Tain is something I can live with.

Lets take a moment to think about that 17% who don't have iPads, the internet or Facebook to complain about it...............

vwfoxsale
28-Oct-13, 18:45
Asda,way better than the crap hole called tesco

landy
28-Oct-13, 18:49
asda deliver to wick but wont come 2 miles up the camster road.will come 1 mile up to my neighbour but not that extra mile to me.the van can come past from watten to lybster but not stop at the door.????????mad

Shaggy
28-Oct-13, 20:03
asda deliver to wick but wont come 2 miles up the camster road.will come 1 mile up to my neighbour but not that extra mile to me.the van can come past from watten to lybster but not stop at the door.????????mad

Aye but maybe he couldnae get up that wee hill and roond that bendy bit at 5mph or through the tight gate on the bend that you have ;)

scorrie
29-Oct-13, 20:46
I am now living on St Kilda and it's an absolute disgrace that Harrods won't deliver one of their hampers here.

Yours sincerely, Mr Living In The Sticks but still expecting the world to be at my beck and call.

Kevin Milkins
29-Oct-13, 20:53
I saw an Asda van up at Kennedy today though.

scorrie
29-Oct-13, 21:03
I saw an Asda van up at Kennedy today though.

I can assure you it didn't stop at scorrie towers. I do most of my shopping at Lidl and they helicopter the goods over at no charge. Wish Harrods would take note Grrrrr!

Kevin Milkins
29-Oct-13, 22:20
Right, is that what the helicopter action is on that side town this evening.lol

Bertieboy
06-Nov-13, 19:57
I'm ready to put on a 16 seater minibus once a week:)

ducati
06-Nov-13, 21:30
I'm ready to put on a 16 seater minibus once a week:)

Are you ready to get my shopping when Tesco closes?

Kevin Milkins
06-Nov-13, 23:35
Are you ready to get my shopping when Tesco closes?

Are you fishing for sympathy for Tesco's plight?

ducati
07-Nov-13, 09:33
Are you fishing for sympathy for Tesco's plight?

No, I just don't want to travel 90 miles to do my shopping..do you?

Kevin Milkins
07-Nov-13, 11:39
No, I just don't want to travel 90 miles to do my shopping..do you?

I haven't used Tesco since March because I have an unresolved issue with them. Surprisingly there is life after Tesco and I don't have to travel anywhere to purchase my vitals.

Fran
07-Nov-13, 17:04
If I had the cash I would buy a mini bus myself. Great idea. I'd do every Friday leave wick at ten leave asda at three.

scorrie
08-Nov-13, 17:16
I haven't used Tesco since March because I have an unresolved issue with them.

I really believe that Tesco had a point when they expected you to PAY for those messages Kevin. Put your pride in your pocket, settle the bill and you can be a happy Tesco's camper once again. ;)