PDA

View Full Version : Two pictures say it all about the UK in 2013

Oddquine
15-Oct-13, 12:46
The two faces of the Coalition.....and they are both facing towards the rich and away from the rest of us!

http://wingsoverscotland.com/lets-take-the-morning-off/ (http://wingsoverscotland.com/lets-take-the-morning-off/)

As an aside.......I don't know much about the Trussell Trust, bar I believe it did/does good work in Bulgaria......but is it not an indictment of the UK in 2013 that it is, to quote them one of the fastest growing charities in the UK? And, in this day and age, I shudder at their vision for the future....which appears to be to see a foodbank in every UK town, creating a nation where no-one has to go hungry - could your church help make that a reality?

I have said, in posts on here in the past, that Thatcher's ambition with her policies was to get the UK back to Victorian values.....and between her push to start the process of sending us back to the past....and the continuance of her mindset by all UK Parties.....it rather looks as if she has accomplished that, given the growing inequality, the daemonisation of the disabled and unemployed and now charity to provide a meal when what we need are real jobs, decent wages and stopping companies avoiding £billions in tax. What's next...poorhouses to make up for the lack of affordable housing?

golach
15-Oct-13, 14:59
The two faces of the Coalition.....and they are both facing towards the rich and away from the rest of us!

http://wingsoverscotland.com/lets-take-the-morning-off/ (http://wingsoverscotland.com/lets-take-the-morning-off/)

As an aside.......I don't know much about the Trussell Trust, bar I believe it did/does good work in Bulgaria......but is it not an indictment of the UK in 2013 that it is, to quote them one of the fastest growing charities in the UK? And, in this day and age, I shudder at their vision for the future....which appears to be to see a foodbank in every UK town, creating a nation where no-one has to go hungry - could your church help make that a reality?

I have said, in posts on here in the past, that Thatcher's ambition with her policies was to get the UK back to Victorian values.....and between her push to start the process of sending us back to the past....and the continuance of her mindset by all UK Parties.....it rather looks as if she has accomplished that, given the growing inequality, the daemonisation of the disabled and unemployed and now charity to provide a meal when what we need are real jobs, decent wages and stopping companies avoiding £billions in tax. What's next...poorhouses to make up for the lack of affordable housing?

the so called Rev Campbell is no real minister, just a jumped up hack, so why believe what venom he spews out?

Oddquine
15-Oct-13, 19:45
the so called Rev Campbell is no real minister, just a jumped up hack, so why believe what venom he spews out?

Don't like the message so just attack the messenger..Typical! :roll:

No comment to make on the fact that in 2013 we have food banks for people earning a wage (ie working!)...not just the feckless shirkers the Daily Fail rants about......and we have a charity whose ambition is to have food banks in every UK town (but then I suppose that is OK because it provides jobs and internships for people.......just like a business.)

No comment to make about zero hours contracts and part-time working, though I suppose that is fine if it shows the UK is working by reducing unemployment figures?

No comment about the fact that HMRC has had £1 billion of extra funding to counter tax avoidance.......and businesses are still underpaying by £35 billion annually...not just multinationals but home-based companies. (No wonder Healey said Westminster was worried about losing the oil revenues.....they kinda need something to make up a bit for what their future employers aren't having to pay to ensure their jobs with them!)

No comment to make about the fact that wealth inequality in the UK has been rising for 30 years. The gap between rich and poor is the widest since the second world war. If current trends continue, we will have reached Victorian levels of inequality in 20 years.....and the shade of the sainted Margaret Thatcher will be a happy bunny!

As usual.......no comment about anything....just a pop at someone you perceive as non-Unionist (do you think we are all stupid, btw..we know fine who/what the Rev Stu is....he is no different from golach or Oddquine or any of us with an internet identity separate from our real life one! Sheesh!

Would be really good for the debate some of us are trying to have if you, instead of saying crap like just a jumped up hack, so why believe what venom he spews out? actually tried to show where he was spewing venom..and shot him down in flames....but that would mean thinking, wouldn't it?

And just to hack you off even more try coming up with something which says that this http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-bullys-gospel/#more-42503 is venom he is spewing.......but do it in in the spirit of debate, and not just by one-liner insulting trolling.......have a go as to coming up with cogent facts as to why he is wrong.

But I'm not holding my breath!

golach
15-Oct-13, 22:33
Why should I bother to reply, when S Campbell and his rants and yourself are telling me whats wrong with the world. I disagree........ end of. But I do not have the answers, and in my opinion neither do you. All you do is copy and paste the rants of others.

Oddquine
16-Oct-13, 17:34
Why should I bother to reply, when S Campbell and his rants and yourself are telling me whats wrong with the world. I disagree........ end of. But I do not have the answers, and in my opinion neither do you. All you do is copy and paste the rants of others.

I don't know..........why on earth do you bother to reply on any thread regarding Independence when you won't debate the opinions or facts in the posts to which you reply? You could.......if you had nothing to say..say nothing......couldn't you......rather than simply reiterate ad nauseam in different words. Union good......Alex Salmond and the SNP bad.......without telling anyone why the Union is so good and why Salmond and the SNP are so bad!

By the way....I didn't C&P anything...bar information direct from the Trussell Trust website, which I italicised to show it was a quote. I did however link to Rev Stu's blog post....not quite the same thing. Did you read it before responding? What did he say that was incorrect? After all I did you the courtesy of reading the Britain First (quasi BNP site).....which I had always previously avoided because of their political tendencies, before responding to your post referencing it.

weezer 316
17-Oct-13, 11:40
Don't like the message so just attack the messenger..Typical! :roll:

No comment to make on the fact that in 2013 we have food banks for people earning a wage (ie working!)...not just the feckless shirkers the Daily Fail rants about......and we have a charity whose ambition is to have food banks in every UK town (but then I suppose that is OK because it provides jobs and internships for people.......just like a business.)

No comment to make about zero hours contracts and part-time working, though I suppose that is fine if it shows the UK is working by reducing unemployment figures?

No comment about the fact that HMRC has had £1 billion of extra funding to counter tax avoidance.......and businesses are still underpaying by £35 billion annually...not just multinationals but home-based companies. (No wonder Healey said Westminster was worried about losing the oil revenues.....they kinda need something to make up a bit for what their future employers aren't having to pay to ensure their jobs with them!)

No comment to make about the fact that wealth inequality in the UK has been rising for 30 years. The gap between rich and poor is the widest since the second world war. If current trends continue, we will have reached Victorian levels of inequality in 20 years.....and the shade of the sainted Margaret Thatcher will be a happy bunny!

As usual.......no comment about anything....just a pop at someone you perceive as non-Unionist (do you think we are all stupid, btw..we know fine who/what the Rev Stu is....he is no different from golach or Oddquine or any of us with an internet identity separate from our real life one! Sheesh!

Would be really good for the debate some of us are trying to have if you, instead of saying crap like just a jumped up hack, so why believe what venom he spews out? actually tried to show where he was spewing venom..and shot him down in flames....but that would mean thinking, wouldn't it?

And just to hack you off even more try coming up with something which says that this http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-bullys-gospel/#more-42503 is venom he is spewing.......but do it in in the spirit of debate, and not just by one-liner insulting trolling.......have a go as to coming up with cogent facts as to why he is wrong.

But I'm not holding my breath!

I havent read past the forst sentence. Your utter hypocrisy makes me cringe. Your original link attacks Danny Alexanders gormless expression, and then you bleat about attacking the messenger.

The Yes campaign has been awesome. I simply cant belive how inept they have been. A bit of honesty would have been nice, like we need to raise taxes to use the oil money for a fund, but here is what you get for you money.

Instead we have got utter tripe based on a foreign, uneleceted central bank being nice to us whilst complaining about the unaccountability of westminister as so many MPs come from the south East in the next sentence.

Its a wonder we even have a country with the complete, tea party like ignorance of many of the Yes campaign.

Oddquine
17-Oct-13, 22:14
I havent read past the forst sentence. Your utter hypocrisy makes me cringe. Your original link attacks Danny Alexanders gormless expression, and then you bleat about attacking the messenger.

The Yes campaign has been awesome. I simply cant belive how inept they have been. A bit of honesty would have been nice, like we need to raise taxes to use the oil money for a fund, but here is what you get for you money.

Instead we have got utter tripe based on a foreign, uneleceted central bank being nice to us whilst complaining about the unaccountability of westminister as so many MPs come from the south East in the next sentence.

Its a wonder we even have a country with the complete, tea party like ignorance of many of the Yes campaign.

But, given I linked to a blog post...which was the message......and given golach, in response trashed the messenger (as in the person who produced the post) and didn't address the message ...why would I try to pretend otherwise? I made no comment about Danny Alexander's gormless expression....though I an pleased you noted it.

Have to say it is hypocrisy beyond belief for anyone on the pro-Union side to talk about A bit of honesty, given their lies/misrepresentatrion/scaremongering since even before the Edinburgh agreement........ and in the same breath talk about raising taxes to use the oil money for a fund.....which is just another example of believing what you read in pro-Union media to save thinking! .

Don't quite understand your third point....care to tell me to what you are alluding? A link would be handy..or at a pinch, if it was a response to something I said....an explanation of your interpretation of my words would be good.

It is a wonder we still have a Union...given the way the Westminster Government is rolling back the Welfare State to Victorian levels of fairness, equity and compassion......but hopefully the Union won't exist for a lot longer.

ducati
17-Oct-13, 22:40
But, given I linked to a blog post...which was the message......and given golach, in response trashed the messenger (as in the person who produced the post) and didn't address the message ...why would I try to pretend otherwise? I made no comment about Danny Alexander's gormless expression....though I an pleased you noted it.

Have to say it is hypocrisy beyond belief for anyone on the pro-Union side to talk about A bit of honesty, given their lies/misrepresentatrion/scaremongering since even before the Edinburgh agreement........ and in the same breath talk about raising taxes to use the oil money for a fund.....which is just another example of believing what you read in pro-Union media to save thinking! .

Don't quite understand your third point....care to tell me to what you are alluding? A link would be handy..or at a pinch, if it was a response to something I said....an explanation of your interpretation of my words would be good.

It is a wonder we still have a Union...given the way the Westminster Government is rolling back the Welfare State to Victorian levels of fairness, equity and compassion......but hopefully the Union won't exist for a lot longer.

The Union will stay as long as mortgage payers like me understand you would have to be completely insane to vote yes.

Oddquine
18-Oct-13, 08:11
The Union will stay as long as mortgage payers like me understand you would have to be completely insane to vote yes.

Given that about 65% in Scotland are now owner-occupiers.....and given the NO vote isn't sitting at 65%...there must be a few completely insane mortgage payers, then?

Humerous Vegetable
18-Oct-13, 10:40
It might have been kinder to acknowledge his obvious expertise on the subject of insanity though. People's knowledge and talents from their own personal experience should always be recognised.

ducati
18-Oct-13, 14:06
It might have been kinder to acknowledge his obvious expertise on the subject of insanity though. People's knowledge and talents from their own personal experience should always be recognised.

I thought you had gone? Not insane, I like poor people, salt of the earth and all that, I just don't want to be one.

ducati
18-Oct-13, 14:08
Given that about 65% in Scotland are now owner-occupiers.....and given the NO vote isn't sitting at 65%...there must be a few completely insane mortgage payers, then?

Really? I thought the yes camp had garnered a static 25%. Allowing for don't know/don't care the sums add up rather well.

weezer 316
18-Oct-13, 14:23
Again oddaquine, false equivelance, and and incorrect at that.

If the SNP would lay out how we would be like Denmark I woudl vote for it. That havent. They have promised the moon, sun and stars and hope no one questions their budget. The oil money is already spent, Scotland isnt in surplus (I have no idea where this idea comes from) and he needs to explain how we would cover the oil money if we are banking it. Seeing as this is up to 25% of all our tax take, its a fair size of hole to fill.

Their own paper tells them the same thing

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/scottish-independence-oil-fund-clash-at-fmqs-1-3135096

Oddquine
18-Oct-13, 15:01
Really? I thought the yes camp had garnered a static 25%. Allowing for don't know/don't care the sums add up rather well.

Long way to go...hadn't you realised? And stuff like

Scottish Gas customers in the north of Scotland are facing higher bills than the rest of the UK, after a decision by owners Centrica to increase prices.

The price rise will see an average UK dual-fuel bill going up by 9.2% from 23 November.
But regional differences mean domestic customers living north of Perth will see an average rise of 11.2% - the biggest in the UK.
Customers in the south of Scotland will see an average increase of 9.5%.
The smallest rise is a 6.8% increase in the south west of England. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-24568147

That doesn't say much for Union fairness and equity....or the benefits we were meant to get by privatising essential public services....as we will find when the Royal Mail gets "competing"..as it has already flagged up increasing postal charges within a couple of days of going "privately public"..........and as our block grant continues reducing in a UK triple whammy...first, due to the cuts to pay back UK debt...second, due to the built in gradual reduction in Barnett receipts over time...and third, the additional effects on the Barnett formula as Westminster continues the creeping privatisation of the NHS....and will eventually force us to do the same if we stay in the Union.

ducati
18-Oct-13, 16:25

Scottish Gas customers in the north of Scotland are facing higher bills than the rest of the UK, after a decision by owners Centrica to increase prices.

The price rise will see an average UK dual-fuel bill going up by 9.2% from 23 November.
But regional differences mean domestic customers living north of Perth will see an average rise of 11.2% - the biggest in the UK.
The smallest rise is a 6.8% increase in the south west of England. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-24568147

That doesn't say much for Union fairness and equity....or the benefits we were meant to get by privatising essential public services....as we will find when the Royal Mail gets "competing"..as it has already flagged up increasing postal charges within a couple of days of going "privately public"..........and as our block grant continues reducing in a UK triple whammy...first, due to the cuts to pay back UK debt...second, due to the built in gradual reduction in Barnett receipts over time...and third, the additional effects on the Barnett formula as Westminster continues the creeping privatisation of the NHS....and will eventually force us to do the same if we stay in the Union.

If that will increase the yes vote, we will see. In the meantime, take a leaf out of my book; no mains gas and generate your own electricity, it makes more and more sense. And when the lights go out, you will see me shining from afar. :cool:

BTW, the situation at Grangemouth, reading between the lines, looks really dire. I would not like to be in an independent Scotland having to rely on foreign imports of fuel if we no longer have our own refining capability.

A bit ironic really.

Oddquine
18-Oct-13, 18:31
If that will increase the yes vote, we will see. In the meantime, take a leaf out of my book; no mains gas and generate your own electricity, it makes more and more sense. And when the lights go out, you will see me shining from afar. :cool:

BTW, the situation at Grangemouth, reading between the lines, looks really dire. I would not like to be in an independent Scotland having to rely on foreign imports of fuel if we no longer have our own refining capability.

A bit ironic really.

Is there mains gas in Caithness? I assume you are in Caithness? But good for you if you can afford to live off grid.......so it doesn't really matter then about those who can't afford to live on or off grid?

weezer 316
18-Oct-13, 18:44

What deos the union have to do with that? We wil pay more than kilmarnock. Assuming Scotland was independent and we have a bigger price raise than ayrshire, would that mean Scotland is broke and needs splitting up??

Honest to god.

ducati
18-Oct-13, 18:45
Is there mains gas in Caithness? I assume you are in Caithness? But good for you if you can afford to live off grid.......so it doesn't really matter then about those who can't afford to live on or off grid?

No mains gas where I am. Its cheaper than a years worth of lecky bills for me to generate my own. Just a few hundred quids worth of kit. Must admit I feel a bit smug when I hear about rising bills.

It's a brugger to get decent broadband....but I don't really care about that.

ducati
19-Oct-13, 10:41
.......so it doesn't really matter then about those who can't afford to live on or off grid?

Are you saying we should vote 'yes' against our own interests, on the offchance it may help others?