08-Oct-13, 22:53
Its vanished!

Betty
11-Oct-13, 22:38
What - no chat room! What happened?

golach
11-Oct-13, 23:08
What - no chat room! What happened?

dont know Betty, I wonder if the admin will let us know?

Kenn
11-Oct-13, 23:40
I'd like to know too , would be sad for it to disappear permanently.

secrets in symmetry
12-Oct-13, 13:16
I went in there once, but all I saw was a number of C-Shell error messages, most of which were attributed to me!

Colin Manson
13-Oct-13, 13:59
Some of the tables were missing form the database after the recent server downtime, I'll have a look at it as soon as I get time but it may have to
wait until I do a forum update for a proper fix.

Betty
16-Oct-13, 01:15
Thanks Colin. Much appreciated.

Tighsonas4
16-Nov-13, 21:52
Thanks Colin. Much appreciated. hi betty glad your still to the fore heard you had been over but missed you we might even have been in spoons at the same time regards betty tony

Kenn
17-Nov-13, 00:51
Still no restored chat room... Christmas is coming Colin, any chance?

Dadie
17-Nov-13, 01:06
Was looking for you lizz...but no chat!
GRRR!
Thought it would be back (or at least redirections to speak to regulars would be provided) ..such as try xxxx at xx time by someone else..

canuck
17-Nov-13, 18:14
Ah down time! Good opportunity to change the wall paper and recover those ancient sofa chairs. Remember when the chat room was so full we had to fight for a place to sit. I still love the open fire place.

gleeber
17-Nov-13, 19:28
I can remember one quiz night in the chatroom and Acameron was quizmaster. there were dozens in there. He sent me the questions and answers and we worked a system whereby just a few seconds before he asked the questions I posted the answer. weegili was first to notice after a couple of questions and highlander booted us out the room. We got back though. It was good fun.
On another occasion we had all the local candidates for the 2001 general election in the chatroom. It was John Thursos first election. What a revel it was in. It was a good idea though. Just a pity it does'nt happen now. With an adequate chairmain and system it could work well especially with the referendum looming in the distance.

canuck
17-Nov-13, 20:11
Great post gleeber. Sorry I'm overloaded with good reps in your direction, although I suspect that it has been years since I sent you one. I miss the good old days.

Moira
17-Nov-13, 20:26
Ah down time! Good opportunity to change the wall paper and recover those ancient sofa chairs. Remember when the chat room was so full we had to fight for a place to sit. I still love the open fire place.

Aaaaahhhhh.... the good old days! I remember petitioning the Admin for new sofas and getting them. The new sofas were immense! We never did resolve the problem of the revolving doors though. ;)

I can remember one quiz night in the chatroom and Acameron was quizmaster. there were dozens in there. He sent me the questions and answers and we worked a system whereby just a few seconds before he asked the questions I posted the answer. weegili was first to notice after a couple of questions and highlander booted us out the room. We got back though. It was good fun.
On another occasion we had all the local candidates for the 2001 general election in the chatroom. It was John Thursos first election. What a revel it was in. It was a good idea though. Just a pity it does'nt happen now. With an adequate chairmain and system it could work well especially with the referendum looming in the distance.

The best nights were when Acameron wasn't the quizmaster. It was a "rule" that the quizmaster used red font to pose the questions. Acameron changed his colour to red and had everyone scrabbling around answering his questions while the quizmaster and participants remained totally confused! [lol]

golach
17-Nov-13, 20:37
The best nights were when Acameron wasn't the quizmaster. It was a "rule" that the quizmaster used red font to pose the questions. Acameron changed his colour to red and had everyone scrabbling around answering his questions while the quizmaster and participants remained totally confused! [lol]

Moira!!! are you inferring, my cousin Acameron was/is a Cheat, surely no [lol]

Tighsonas4
17-Nov-13, 21:53
n the good old days you could even call someone aside and have a chat in private gone are the days tony

golach
18-Nov-13, 20:01
Org chat has had a major overhaul.....but no chat room yet....bummer :confused

sassylass
22-Nov-13, 00:38
We had lots of laughs in that old chat room, didn't we? It makes me smile to remember. Has anyone seen acameron lately? If so, please say hello from me. And hello to the rest of you, who might remember me ;)

golach
22-Nov-13, 00:50
We had lots of laughs in that old chat room, didn't we? It makes me smile to remember. Has anyone seen acameron lately? If so, please say hello from me. And hello to the rest of you, who might remember me ;)

Sassy met up with him and Jane during the Festival, had a good night

weedonald
22-Nov-13, 07:06
Hello to you all. Hope the chat room will be up and running soon. Colin hope you find them tables and don't forget some chairs while your at it.

sassylass
24-Nov-13, 18:05
Sassy met up with him and Jane during the Festival, had a good night

Actually, acameron stood me up at The Pear Tree ....or was it vice versa? Anyway, it was you and Anne, and Drszin who showed me a good time in Edi, thanks again. Eventually met ac and a fair bunch of the rest of you up north and even spoke with weedonald on the phone when I was visiting Vancouver. :)

golach
24-Nov-13, 20:28
Actually, acameron stood me up at The Pear Tree ....or was it vice versa? Anyway, it was you and Anne, and Drszin who showed me a good time in Edi, thanks again. Eventually met ac and a fair bunch of the rest of you up north and even spoke with weedonald on the phone when I was visiting Vancouver. :)

I thought it was Raaaab the bartender that showed you a good time sassy :lol:

golach
28-Nov-13, 23:12
Still no chat room facilities? whats up Admin?