PDA

View Full Version : 4 year old girl

danc1ngwitch
08-Feb-07, 19:20
I was just listening to the news about the little girl.
Anger stirs in me, who could do such a thing, to torture a child.:mad:

sam
08-Feb-07, 19:47
I think it is an injustice that the parents only got a total of 22 years, they should of got life each which should mean life [disgust]

lassieinfife
08-Feb-07, 20:03
I know exactly what I would do to her parents if I got my hands on them... it beggars belief the sentence they received

Angela
08-Feb-07, 20:06
I was just listening to the news about the little girl.
Anger stirs in me, who could do such a thing, to torture a child.:mad:

It makes me feel physically sick.
Once again we hear that Social Services gave a child back to abusive parents.
When I hear of parents ill-treating their child, I just wonder why, if they don't want her/him, they don't give the child away to be cared for by someone -anyone! -else.
In this case it's worse, these people seem to have enjoyed it.
I can't really think what would be an appropriate sentence for what they've done. [evil]

percy toboggan
08-Feb-07, 20:15
They should both have been banged up for twenty years with no remission.As it is they'll be out in about eight years. Their time inside will not be easy though, have no illusions about that - especially the mother.

badger
08-Feb-07, 20:18
That's the trouble with people like this - no punishment is going to be enough. The interview with the woman from social services made me almost equally angry as she seemed only interested in justifying what they had done. It took the child's grandmother to get something done. Even now this child is with foster parents, who are apparently wonderful but not permanent so she will have to face another upheaval.

The things we do to children....

mr do dar
08-Feb-07, 20:22
i sorry but people make me so mad i wouldnt be able to control myself if i came face to face to them . i think i would be doing a stretch in prison myself for assult on them thats how mad it makes me . and i dont think many people would disagree with me [evil]

sam
08-Feb-07, 20:29
They should both have been banged up for twenty years with no remission.As it is they'll be out in about eight years. Their time inside will not be easy though, have no illusions about that - especially the mother.

whatever the mother suffers inside will never be enough for what she has done, same goes for the father & i know they will suffer, but it will be nothing compaired to what that poor innocent child had to suffer,[evil] It breaks my heart to think of what they put that the poor wee soul through :(

Angela
08-Feb-07, 20:41
Is it wrong of me to hope that the prison officers will turn a blind eye?

I never thought I'd say it, but as I've got older there are occasions when I really do find myself thinking "bring back flogging!" [evil]

danc1ngwitch
08-Feb-07, 20:45
they did say something about they would never have contact or such like wea young children again.
It's horrible to say the least, abusers at their worst and the child/children of such people love them unconditionaly most of the time. Most abusers go unchecked... de-bowel em all[evil]

Murdina Bug
08-Feb-07, 21:12
When this happens to animals then the people responsible are banned from keeping pets. Therefore, don't you think it would be suitable to have these two sterilised so that they can't have any more kids?

wild1
08-Feb-07, 21:12
I hope they get a hard a time as possible in prison for what they done to there little girl, and why didn't hospital staff look into the little girls injuries and get it reported instead of saying it was an accident, it amazes me this little girl surrvied the torture and abuse she was put through.

dragonfly
08-Feb-07, 21:25
she ought to be given a hysterectomy and him a vasectomy so as they can't ever have children again - and not get out of prison for a very long time [evil] [evil]

bobsgirl
08-Feb-07, 21:43
I think people who do this to kids or any sort of abuse should be treated the same as they treated the victims. I felt physically sick when I saw this on the news. How can people do this??

dancingtaz13
08-Feb-07, 23:24
Hi,
I've been reading this post - can someone tell me what happened to the little girl please? I'm curious. :~(

Thanks

sam
08-Feb-07, 23:28
look on the bbc news web site, what they did was more or less torture on a 4 year old that was disabled[disgust]

dragonfly
08-Feb-07, 23:30
here's what I found on the web

A sadistic mother was jailed for 11-and-a-half years and her brutal partner for 10-and-a-half years for regularly abusing their disabled three-year-old daughter during a campaign of "torture".

In a case that alarmingly echoes the fate of Victoria Climbie, the little girl had boiling water poured over her hands, had large clumps of hair ripped from her scalp, was kicked repeatedly in the groin and was locked naked in the toilet each night. She was also forced to eat her own faeces.

The "systematic violence" began just weeks after the helpless youngster was taken away by social services following domestic violence between parents Kimberly Harte, 23, and Samuel Duncan, 27.

Unfortunately, she was later returned home to the couple despite concerns voiced by her foster carers.

A 53-page "serious case review" by the authority's Local Safeguarding Children Board has acknowledged failings.

London's Middlesex Guildhall Crown Court heard the youngster - who can only be identified as "Child B" - was in almost constant agony until her horrified grandmother began to suspect what was going on and called in social services.

The little girl had suffered such "horrific injuries" that she would almost certainly have died without treatment.

The youngster, now scarred for life, was in such excruciating pain that she had to be examined under general anaesthetic.

Lolabelle
08-Feb-07, 23:40
I think capital punishment could be brought back in such cases. Not a very christian attitude I know, but sorry, thats how I feel.

dancingtaz13
08-Feb-07, 23:41
I've just read the article. I've got a 9month old daughter and cannot imagine this sort of thing being inflicted on such a child. Not even words can express how upsetting it is to hear what's happened. I'm sorry but that couple should be tortured and hung for that.

goldenguernsey
08-Feb-07, 23:48
Unbelieveable, how on earth can this happen? If my child was handicapped, spina bifida, deformed or whatever, it would still be my child and my responsibility to protect him/her from anything that could be harmful.
Some people do not deserve to be parents.

lin
09-Feb-07, 00:57
Parents? I woundn't class the scum with the name parents. They should have to suffer more than the poor child suffered. The term in prison is laughable. I hope they are not allowed to be segragated from the other prisoners, then they will get whats coming to them. The sadistic woman (I can not call her a mother) was only 23. she will be in her early 30's when shes released. I hope the authoritys make sure that she can no longer have kids.

badger
09-Feb-07, 11:05
I believe these people had two other children - boys - who were not abused but they seem to have escaped attention. I don't know how old they are but one day they will know that their parents are in prison and why. Presumably they will also be put in care. So it is not just the little girl who suffers from this nightmare. Can you imagine growing up and finding out what kind of people your parents were? Also knowing that one day, probably all too soon, they will be out of prison and may want to reclaim you. Hopefully this would never be allowed.

Penelope Pitstop
09-Feb-07, 12:07
Prison is way too good for them and they probably won't do the full term. When they do get out the authorities will probably spend a fortune trying to integrate them back into society.

Absolutely shocking, thank god someone noticed something was wrong or the little girl would be dead.

changilass
09-Feb-07, 12:30
Whilst I understand everyones horror at what has happend, this is not a one off.

Anyone who has anything to do with fostering or adoption could tell you stories like this.

Things like this hapen all the time, there are not enough social workers or foster parents to allow all cases to be given the time they should.

Social workers and carers write reports which go to a panel who can override the recommendations put forward. One panel may decide to give the parents a month to get their act into gear but when it goes back to panel the next time it can be a totally different panel who also give them another month.

Due to the lack of carers, they are suffering burn out by not being given a break.

We need more people to become foster carers and adopters.

We also need more social workers, the workers at the moment are having to deal with so many cases that some will always slip through the net - sometimes with appaling results.

katarina
09-Feb-07, 13:26
Our state is too soft. These people and all others like them should be sterilized - but of course - that would be a violation of their human rights. No word of the human rights of other children they will be able to have in the future - other children who, due to the same lack of social workers, will slip through the net.

caleyjaggie
09-Feb-07, 13:39
What happened to that poor little girl is discussting.Once again social services are letting children down.When she was taken to the hospital with a broken arm why didnt staff look in to it further it should have been on her notes as at risk but once again staff fell for her parents excuse. I really hope this litle girls parents are made to live in hell from now on they dont deserve to even breath.

fred
09-Feb-07, 14:48
What happened to that poor little girl is discussting.Once again social services are letting children down.When she was taken to the hospital with a broken arm why didnt staff look in to it further it should have been on her notes as at risk but once again staff fell for her parents excuse. I really hope this litle girls parents are made to live in hell from now on they dont deserve to even breath.

Lots of kids break their arms. Hospitals are always cautious when they see any one with injuries which might have been inflicted by someone else but if they are over cautious they are going to scare the innocent away, good parents will be affraid to take their children to hospital just incase.

I read this thread expecting to see a lot of compassion for a little girl but instead I've seen a lot of hatred, hatred consumes the hater not the hated, hatred breeds hatred.

Liz
09-Feb-07, 15:44
she ought to be given a hysterectomy and him a vasectomy so as they can't ever have children again - and not get out of prison for a very long time [evil] [evil]

Yes and without any anaesthetic!!!!!

golach
09-Feb-07, 16:17
Yes and without any anaesthetic!!!!!
Liz, ouch, that made my eyes water

Angela
09-Feb-07, 16:24
Lots of kids break their arms. Hospitals are always cautious when they see any one with injuries which might have been inflicted by someone else but if they are over cautious they are going to scare the innocent away, good parents will be affraid to take their children to hospital just incase.

I read this thread expecting to see a lot of compassion for a little girl but instead I've seen a lot of hatred, hatred consumes the hater not the hated, hatred breeds hatred.

I was seldom away from the sick kids' when my son was small, he was always having accidents. Yes, they were accidents, but I'm sure the frequency of out visits must've been noted. That would never have stopped me calling a doctor/taking any of my children to hospital for treatment they needed.

Don't you think you can take most people's compassion for the little girl for granted? That the "hatred" you mention is because people are so sorry for the child? That it's hatred for the parents' actions?

I know my reaction to this case is unreasoning and emotional, as it is whenever a case of cruelty to children is in the news. I find it virtually impossible to consider it logically.

I feel helpless, I feel sad, I feel angry, and yes, I do feel physically sick.

JimH
09-Feb-07, 17:40
I understand from the reports in the media, that the little girl in question is making a slow but good recovery. She suffers from cystic fibrosis, which makes the reports of her torture very difficult to understand.
You will never stop child cruelty until all are willing to act on what they see without fear of getting it wrong.
Far better that we get a thousand false reports, than miss one case that is justified.

fred
09-Feb-07, 17:52
Don't you think you can take most people's compassion for the little girl for granted?

No, I don't think I can.

I think that the beast which abused that poor child hides in all of us and is always searching for justification to show itself. When I see talk like I've seen in this thread I see the beast talking, the beast has no compassion.

North Rhins
09-Feb-07, 18:10
You know Fred, reading one of your replies is like stepping on something on a pavement. It is very slippery, very messy and leaves a stench in the nostrils. How dare you suggest that I harbour the same capability to carry out the heinous violations of this child as those of the perpetrators. You really are an odious creature that is incapable of making any statement other than one which creates offence.

Angela
09-Feb-07, 18:17
No, I don't think I can.

I think that the beast which abused that poor child hides in all of us and is always searching for justification to show itself. When I see talk like I've seen in this thread I see the beast talking, the beast has no compassion.

Can't agree with you on that. I do feel compassion for that poor little girl.

I've said my response is emotional. I feel a number of very unpleasant feelings - anger, sadness, horror...and disgust that we human beings can behave like that.

But how dare you say that my response means I am searching for justification? IMO my emotions are justified by what's happened. Presumably you think I'm enjoying them, and have just been waiting for an opportunity to give them a good airing?

I have three grown up children and a baby granddaughter. No doubt you'll be telling me next that if they, God forbid, had been treated like this child, my emotional response would be unjustified, merely caused by my allowing the "beast" you refer to to show itself?

sam
09-Feb-07, 18:57
Whilst I understand everyones horror at what has happend, this is not a one off.

Anyone who has anything to do with fostering or adoption could tell you stories like this.

Things like this hapen all the time, there are not enough social workers or foster parents to allow all cases to be given the time they should.

Social workers and carers write reports which go to a panel who can override the recommendations put forward. One panel may decide to give the parents a month to get their act into gear but when it goes back to panel the next time it can be a totally different panel who also give them another month.

Due to the lack of carers, they are suffering burn out by not being given a break.

We need more people to become foster carers and adopters.

We also need more social workers, the workers at the moment are having to deal with so many cases that some will always slip through the net - sometimes with appaling results.

you dont have to foster or adopt kids to know of horror stories such as this you just have to read the papers and listen to the news, it is all very fast becomming a way of life for some and drastic action needs to be taken now before more kids suffer and even die because the system isnt working.

The social workers who went to see this child were told on a few occasions that she was out with her father concidering the fact that she had already been removed from the home and allowed back the social workers in question should either of waited to see the child or went back before clocking off even if it ment working a bit longer, after all isnt the childs welfare more important.
we can make all the excuse's under the sun for the social work departments but they failed another child yet again.

danc1ngwitch
09-Feb-07, 19:06
No, I don't think I can.

The Beast, yep, people. It's true to say that this Beast is inside all of us, but it is our Will to control it.
By the way on the subject of Beast!!! Angels we look upon as being beautiful, Then surely the fallen one would be just as beautiful???
Ah well thats not the thing here. People look for excuses, truth is that abusers do what they do because there is an element of pleasure in it.

fred
09-Feb-07, 20:15
You know Fred, reading one of your replies is like stepping on something on a pavement. It is very slippery, very messy and leaves a stench in the nostrils. How dare you suggest that I harbour the same capability to carry out the heinous violations of this child as those of the perpetrators. You really are an odious creature that is incapable of making any statement other than one which creates offence.

You have the capability, I have the capability, everyone has the capability.

It seems I am incapable of making a statement other than one which creates offence, I still remember the stick I got from this forum for having compassion for some children who were being beaten black and blue.

danc1ngwitch
09-Feb-07, 20:49

It seems I am incapable of making a statement other than one which creates offence, I still remember the stick I got from this forum for having compassion for some children who were being beaten black and blue.
please don't take nothing to heart, it's up others how they take things... look at me:roll: even my id creates offence. [lol]

golach
09-Feb-07, 21:10

You may have the capability Fred I dont, as a father and Grandfather, how dare you even suggest such a thing.

IMO Everyone apart from you in this thread have shown compassion for the little girl in this sad case, by just coming in here and showing their disgust at what happened.
And yes you got it right, very often you make statements that creates offence. IMHO that is your agenda.

fred
09-Feb-07, 21:46
You may have the capability Fred I dont, as a father and Grandfather, how dare you even suggest such a thing.

IMO Everyone apart from you in this thread have shown compassion for the little girl in this sad case, by just coming in here and showing their disgust at what happened.
And yes you got it right, very often you make statements that creates offence. IMHO that is your agenda.

Compassion and disgust are two different things golach, two entirely different things.

Angela
09-Feb-07, 21:49
Compassion and disgust are two different things golach, two entirely different things.

How does disgust for an evil act preclude compassion for the victim?

fred
09-Feb-07, 22:18
How does disgust for an evil act preclude compassion for the victim?

I didn't say they did.

I said you shouldn't confuse one with the other.

Angela
09-Feb-07, 22:21
I didn't say they did.

I said you shouldn't confuse one with the other.
How am I confusing them?

Oddquine
09-Feb-07, 22:27

True, fred..........but the thread didn't indicate compassion for the child, but disgust at her parents..............and, funnily enough..........for once......... posters on Caithness.org have replied to the OP. :roll:

The compassion for the child was assumed, as the OP considered we were all people with some sense of right and wrong, imo.

weeboyagee
09-Feb-07, 22:35
The sentence wasn't long enough? Too right - they should have been taken outside the back of the court house and shot! End of story. Do I believe in capital punishment? Well,...there's your answer.

WBG [mad]

fred
09-Feb-07, 23:54
How am I confusing them?

I didn't say you were I was talking to golach at the time.

You talked of helplesness, sadness, anger, and feeling sick, not of disgust.

ett23
09-Feb-07, 23:55

I for one have to agree with you fred - it's sad that so few have related their sadness for the victim being treated this way. I have a 4 year old daughter. And as i was reading the story from the BBC new website, I couldn't hold back the tears. I was deeply disturbed and truly moved to read of the horrific injuries this poor child had sustained. Earlier this week I had to get my husband to take my daughter to the doctors for her pre-school boosters, because I couldn't bear to put her through that myself. I have nothing but compassion for this little girl and only wish she comes to have loving, caring parents who will take care of her unlike the ones who tortured her in this way. :~(

fred
10-Feb-07, 00:16
True, fred..........but the thread didn't indicate compassion for the child, but disgust at her parents..............and, funnily enough..........for once......... posters on Caithness.org have replied to the OP. :roll:

If someone asks for whom the bell tolls it's only fair to tell them, the girls parents are not an island they are a part of and a product of the society we live in.

What sort of a person could cause suffering to a child? The sort of person who could wish suffering on an adult. How do you inflict suffering on a child? By not seeing them as a child then you don't have to feel empathy. How do you cause suffering to an adult? By seeing them as something else, as a monster. How do you inflict suffering on a million adults and children, the same method works.

Oddquine
10-Feb-07, 02:48
If someone asks for whom the bell tolls it's only fair to tell them, the girls parents are not an island they are a part of and a product of the society we live in.

What sort of a person could cause suffering to a child? The sort of person who could wish suffering on an adult. How do you inflict suffering on a child? By not seeing them as a child then you don't have to feel empathy. How do you cause suffering to an adult? By seeing them as something else, as a monster. How do you inflict suffering on a million adults and children, the same method works.

Generally, I agree with you, fred..........but in this case I think you are taking adding arms and legs to the nth degree.

The OP said.......I was just listening to the news about the little girl.
Anger stirs in me, who could do such a thing, to torture a child.

And the replies by others gave vent to their anger. They are talking...not doing.unlike the parents!

But how on earth any but the most convoluted mind could make an issue as above out of it, I'm blowed if I know...........even though my mind is more convoluted than most. :roll:

danc1ngwitch
10-Feb-07, 09:21

An still i'd want to see the man and woman de-bowled for what they have done and all the abusers before them. Let us but try to understand them, nope i wouldna waste my time. Why??? They would laugh in your face, meer mortals thats what they would think... Give them what the have done to others...

fred
10-Feb-07, 10:16
But how on earth any but the most convoluted mind could make an issue as above out of it, I'm blowed if I know...........even though my mind is more convoluted than most. :roll:

If I told them of another child which suffered even more than this one would they show even more hatred for the people who caused it?

Or would they tell me "that wasn't a child that was collateral damage"?

fred
10-Feb-07, 10:20
An still i'd want to see the man and woman de-bowled for what they have done and all the abusers before them. Let us but try to understand them, nope i wouldna waste my time. Why??? They would laugh in your face, meer mortals thats what they would think... Give them what the have done to others...

Be careful when you release negative energy into the world DW, if it doesn't find a home it will come back and live with you.

j4bberw0ck
10-Feb-07, 10:59
I think the entire thread goes a long way to showing why rule by the mob woulld be the end of civilisation. Contributors doing their best to publicly "out-anger" the others to show how caring they are. What next? Wailing, keening and beating of breasts? Tearing of pockets? I think somewhere along the line roasting the parents very slowly over a hot fire got missed.... but it'll probably be along in a minute.

Do you remember a couple of years ago when it was reported that a mob (principally women, god help us all) attacked the house of a young female doctor who specialises in children's complaints? These people were too stupid to know the difference between a paediatrician and a paedophile, but the mob would itself up nicely and away they went.

They didn't do any de-bowling, as far as I know.

fred
10-Feb-07, 12:00
I think the entire thread goes a long way to showing why rule by the mob woulld be the end of civilisation.

I don't think it is mob rule j4bberw0ck, look at how the thread started, "I was just listening to the news". They can't control the beast that hides inside them but somebody else can, beasts are herd animals and herds are always following one thing or moving away from another, they are easy to control.

peedie wifie
10-Feb-07, 16:01
This couple systematically abused an INNOCENT child - their own child! What could a four year old disabled child have done to them for them to inflict such cruelty?
We have a disabled child in our family and he is loved by us all and gives us all such love and pleasure. CHILDREN have asked about his disability but once they get to know him he is treated as one of the crowd. For an ADULT to abuse a disabled child in this way is unforgivable.
I hope the little girl finds peace and happiness with loving and caring foster parents and like so many on this thread I do hope that the couple are never allowed to have any more children.

Blazing Sporrans
10-Feb-07, 17:01
I understand where your argument comes from fred, however in my own little, humble opinion, I feel that the anger vented is by parents or people who unconsciously supplant the victim with their own child and imagine such an appalling atrocity being committed against their nearest and dearest. The reflex reaction is then to vent that anger in such a manner as we have witnessed on this thread. I'd like to imagine that most sensible people, if confronted with these disgusting excuses for parents that this poor little girl had to suffer, would not attempt disembowelment, nor actually any type of violence. It's a lot easier to say these things than to actually carry them out - and yes, I do know what happens when the mob forms and pack rule takes over, however, this doesn't commonly happen and I haven't seen it in Caithness yet.... People are understandably angry at what they have heard reported and maybe in some cases that anger can become misdirected, however to write and only write about what you'd like to do can in itself be the cathartic experience that the majority are actually seeking.

kitty
10-Feb-07, 17:10
When this happens to animals then the people responsible are banned from keeping pets. Therefore, don't you think it would be suitable to have these two sterilised so that they can't have any more kids?

I completely agree. Why is it that they could do such a thing and have the ability to have another child. That right should be automatically taken away from them to help prevent things like this happening again. It just make me so angry.

danc1ngwitch
10-Feb-07, 21:07
You are part right possibly... Negative energy can be
disastrous to have fall upon you...
I am not being Spiteful... It's only just,that these people suffer
in the same way the victom so young had.
If you knew my situation and how i am then you would know that what
i have come through already shows that I am everything but a breeder
of negativness... ( i will however burn a white candle for you lmao )
xxx
1st rule know thyself. For how can one know others
when they fail to know themselves:roll: