PDA

View Full Version : Dieting!!!!

Glenys Hirst
08-Feb-07, 18:16
:( I've just been back to Weight Watchers..my first weigh-in since before Christmas..and it wasnt good news..I knew it!!
Anybody going to a slimming club? or slimming on their own..that I admire..I've got no will power whatsoever!

danc1ngwitch
08-Feb-07, 19:12
not easy, I didna bother goin on a diet as the word makes me eat another sweetie lol. I tell myself i will eat a little more healthy:roll:

Mister Squiggle
08-Feb-07, 19:20
I know that sinking feeling ... I've actually banned weighing scales from my house as a result. :lol:
To be honest, the only long-term results I've noticed have come from serious exercise (running, swimming lengths) at least 3 or 4 times a week, but then everyone's metabolism is different and time is a factor too.
Strict dieting never works for me and it certainly seemed pointless when the weight came back on so quickly afterwards. Most of my friends would probably say the same.
However, a sensible low-fat diet with plenty of fibre (and room for the odd biscuit) and solid exercise is something I can definitely say worked a treat. Have you tried the low-GI stuff? There are some really good books around (and some are in Wick library) that give you common-sense recipes that don't make you feel like you're starving.

Missy Wick
08-Feb-07, 20:50
I joined Scottish Slimmers about in Jan and success so far. Lost 9lb in 3 weeks. Im not finding it hard to stick to so far but im sure i will get bored soon and get back to piling on the pounds.

bobsgirl
08-Feb-07, 23:16
I went through all the dieting before Christmas and managed to lose 3/4 of a stone. Unfortunately over christmas the pounds piled back on. I am now trying to go to the gym 3 times a week and also do a keep fit dvd, I am eating realatively normal and still finding that I am slowly but surely losing a few more pounds.
I think I would do better if I had someone to do all the excercising with. My hubby comes to the gym with me but is restricted due to work times. My best mate cant go to the gym because she has a little one. I am also restricted to times as my daughter gets out of nursery at 11.30.
Not really sure if weight watchers or scottish slimmers are really worth the money to help you try and lose weight. If you have someone to encourage you, it should be semi-easy to do!!

Lolabelle
08-Feb-07, 23:48
I have tried them all. And they all work. But not if you don't follow a calorie controlled diet and exercise. And I can't seem to manage that at the moment. So I am trying to be sensible and do a little exercise. Not working so far though. Not being too sensible and not doing ANY exercise. lol [lol]

goldenguernsey
08-Feb-07, 23:53
I watched a Jeremy Kyle programme today and there was a young lassie on there who would probably not survive the winter due to anorexia.
Please please think carefully about all these diets folks.
There's nothing wrong wi a bit of fat in reserve for a rainy day.
I know because my brother suffered a horrific car accident and came out of hospital skin and bone. Had he not had a decent covering in the first place he would not have survived, simple as that.

Lolabelle
09-Feb-07, 00:06
I watched a Jeremy Kyle programme today and there was a young lassie on there who would probably not survive the winter due to anorexia.
Please please think carefully about all these diets folks.
There's nothing wrong wi a bit of fat in reserve for a rainy day.
I know because my brother suffered a horrific car accident and came out of hospital skin and bone. Had he not had a decent covering in the first place he would not have survived, simple as that.

Good advice, I know you are right. I am not even trying to lose to anyone elses idea of an ideal wieght. I just am getting uncomfortable and need to get back to a managable size

buggyracer
09-Feb-07, 00:14
i went on a whisky diet once.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......

i lost two weeks ;)

Rheghead
09-Feb-07, 00:20
I am on the tight-fisted diet. I only eat wholesome and cheap food(no microwave meals). I don't now take any money to work so I can't spend it in the machines.

I have saved a fortune and lost 10kg since September.

Niggardliness is the way to go.

danc1ngwitch
09-Feb-07, 19:33
Beauty... If i were a stone lighter would this make me more beautiful???
I watch my girl like me before her eat what she wants.
I still eat what i want but, just a little less of it.
I feel fit, and i look good, I am a hip hop mum with a thing through ma tongue.
So why then, do i strive to loose about a stone or so...
To better my outward, body, to please myself ???
Ah well i am who i am ... Now to the exercise bike... a few minutes a night... :roll:
Well my daughter and her friends get a laugh outta me...;)

chocolatechip
09-Feb-07, 21:27
anyone tried the see food diet?

(see food and eat it)

it doesn't work...:roll:

Geo
09-Feb-07, 21:56
I really really really should be eating healthier (I hate calling it a diet) but I can only last about 4-6 weeks max and my will power breaks.