PDA

View Full Version : caithness reg. nos.

Highlandeye
03-Oct-13, 11:05
Hi, I have recently bought a 1957 fe "copper belly " grey fergi tractor, It was first reg. for road use arround 1957-8 and I belive first owend by a crofter in or close to BettyHill.I have bought the tractor to do a " nut and bold " resteration job to bring it back to show condition . Now the original reg. has been painted on the rear axle , almost unreadable now , but the SK is obvious but the next 4 numbers are possibily 8361 or maybe 6381 - its difficult to tell . My question is , - is there a record anywhere in the reg. archives of the councill that may have a list of regerstrations for those years ( I have the veichle serial no.) I would realy like to keep the original no on the tractor . My phone no. is 01847851369 if you could help.

ducati
03-Oct-13, 11:45
It's the DVLA you need to contact. If the registration has lapsed and you can put a good historical vehicle case forward you may get it back. If it was sold and is on another vehicle then no. In any event, you need to research the registration status or you could get slapped with an 80 quid fine for not sorning it.

mi16
03-Oct-13, 12:13
Hi, I have recently bought a 1957 fe "copper belly " grey fergi tractor, It was first reg. for road use arround 1957-8 and I belive first owend by a crofter in or close to BettyHill.I have bought the tractor to do a " nut and bold " resteration job to bring it back to show condition . Now the original reg. has been painted on the rear axle , almost unreadable now , but the SK is obvious but the next 4 numbers are possibily 8361 or maybe 6381 - its difficult to tell . My question is , - is there a record anywhere in the reg. archives of the councill that may have a list of regerstrations for those years ( I have the veichle serial no.) I would realy like to keep the original no on the tractor . My phone no. is 01847851369 if you could help.I presume you have no registration documents for the tractor?Perhaps the original identity could be found out via the chassis number?

horse
03-Oct-13, 14:28
try edward sutherland in halkirk (Former owner of halkirk garage ) he had the records of sk numbers

Highlandeye
05-Oct-13, 13:39
Many thanks for all the advice , I will call in and see Edward Sutherland , to see if he can help .