PDA

View Full Version : snow at last

ellie-lou
08-Feb-07, 08:27
nice to see some snow at last when i woke this morning:D kids off school for long weekend so lets hope the snow keeps coming so they can have some fun in it:cool:

watman
08-Feb-07, 09:00
We are down in Kent living and woke up this morning to loads of snow. They are saying its the most they have had in 10 years down here. kids are so excited. going out to make a snowman now .

MadPict
08-Feb-07, 11:40
Travel chaos, trains delayed, schools shut, flights cancelled, motorists advised to stay off roads....

...all for a couple of inches of snow!

It makes me laugh how soft we have become in this country - when I was a kid the most we'd get was maybe to go home early from school if the weather was that bad.

Driving in the snow was certainly not unusual and you adapted to the conditions. Now people are being told to stay at home. I recall the train from Inverness to Wick getting stuck and the Mars Bars and other chocolate being handed out to passengers. People would accept this then but today they'll try and sue the train company for ruining their day.

golach
08-Feb-07, 11:45
One little shower here last night, now its all gone in Edinburgh

weestraw
08-Feb-07, 11:46
hooray!!!!:cool:
Snow at last!! Can't believe Englands stopped 4 nothing much at all. We dont have much but it looks like it thickening up.
You never know the schools might be shut tomorrow! :Razz (btw i know theyre shut)

Ricco
08-Feb-07, 12:31
I woke up at 5.15 this morning to 3 inches of snow and it was still falling fast. Got ready and then headed off to school (21 miles across country); got about 5 miles and then my mobile beeped and incoming - school closed. Well, at least I tried. :D

weeboyagee
08-Feb-07, 14:50
OH and in case you didn't know it - they have snow in ENGLAND!!!! Just turn on the telly folks!

WBG :roll:

danc1ngwitch
08-Feb-07, 16:31
it was nice ta hear the children all out playin. Not so nice listenin ta them groan when they come in like ice pops lol

bobsgirl
08-Feb-07, 16:42
Glad the snow came in perfect time for the kids long weekend from school. Our kids have been out playing since 8.45ish this morning and loving it.
They are a bit dissapointed that there aint enough to build a snowman but still having loads of fun.
They are in for a little while to warm up and make some cakes!!!
Chocolate Chip muffins anyone??

Woolie
08-Feb-07, 21:29
We are down in Kent living and woke up this morning to loads of snow. They are saying its the most they have had in 10 years down here. kids are so excited. going out to make a snowman now .
W here in Kent r u watman I nyself live in wick but come from Kent .

weeboyagee
09-Feb-07, 22:45
Heck! Did you see the news tonight?? Well? Did you? Guess what????

England still has snow!

If you don't believe me turn on the news! They really DO have snow. I saw it! There are reporters out in all sorts of places showing us that they have a couple of inches of snow fall.

If you have never seen the stuff before - now's your chance - quick - turn the telly on - they have loads of it in England, video it for goodness sake - you'ld think it only happened once in a millenium.

I hope it goes soon - before I kick a big hole in the telly!

WBG :roll:

canuck
09-Feb-07, 22:53
Weeboyagee, you should be watching our telly. The snow in the Buffalo area is pushing 3 meters. And about an hour north of Toronto there is at least 2 meters on the ground. We have this protected little strip of earth here on the north shore of Lake Ontario where all we have had the past few days are flurries. So they keep showing us the drifts in New York State and Owen Sound.