PDA

View Full Version : Edge of the World Festival 1992

Deemac
07-Feb-07, 21:40
This video features the 1992 Edge of the World Festival (EOTW) at the Viewfirth. Of all seven years of EOTW this one had the best weather (hence the rather good turnout - bear in mind Frame was the first band to go on that day!!)

There are alot of familar faces in the crowd (unfortunately I couldn't get a good video codec to compress without massive quality loss - any ideas?) Also it's probably a 4th generation copy taken 15 years ago (gulp).

The song: "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" (Lyrics by the one and only James Sutherland (Ex: Z-Rox, Blonde Brothers etc) was written when Greenday were probably just fresh out of their nappies.:eek:

I have VERY fond memories of this years EOTW in particular. We hired our first BIG PA and the weather just made it a great day all round.

Hope you enjoy.

See Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F72oSZvTPWM

lagertops
07-Feb-07, 21:56
Good stuff! Bings back the memories

theone
07-Feb-07, 22:44
Haha, check out the shellsuits inthe crowd.!

Great vid!

WeeBurd
07-Feb-07, 23:41
Ah, memories of walking along Brownhill Road with the sound of Frame drifting along in the background! Brilliant!:D

Jeid
08-Feb-07, 00:09
The song: "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" (Lyrics by the one and only James Sutherland (Ex: Z-Rox, Blonde Brothers etc) was written when Greenday were probably just fresh out of their nappies.:eek:

They'd just released their second LP that year.

Deemac
08-Feb-07, 00:39
They'd just released their second LP that year.

Good old Jeid corrects the royal sight-reading AGAIN!! (You need to have seen the film Amadeus to get that one!!)

I apologies once again, as I admit to knowing absolutely nothing about Greenday other than they released a song that was also called "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" and pre-judged them as being some American manufactured, boy type, trendy young, thing of the moment band who would be much younger than me!! (and in nappies in 1992!!)

*UNLESS - they started releasing albums at the age of 3!! OK its along shot I realise now.

I stand corrected and add to my musical education for which I have some serious holes (anything popular & commercial past 1974 . . . :)

* Most of the above donates humour!!:confused

Jeid
08-Feb-07, 01:19
Since you're educating yourself, they're called Green Day ;)

Deemac
08-Feb-07, 10:30
Jeid,
Once again you show yourself as the pedantic sad git we all love you for!!:confused

moncur
08-Feb-07, 11:49
Haha, check out the shellsuits inthe crowd.!

Great vid!

Man! what a dangerous thing it is to have all those shellsuits in one place! Especially on a sunny day like that!

Bobinovich
08-Feb-07, 11:50
FAME AT LAST :roll:!!!! Or should that be SHAME at my appalling backing vocals LOL!

Ah the good old days - how I miss them. NOT (OK well maybe just a little)!

I remember that, for a 3 piece band, we had masses of gear to haul around which made van hire a necessity. One particular hire the van was, shall we say, far from roadworthy ersulting in payment being reduced or witheld (I can't remember) for which Deemac received a bloody nose!

Jeid
08-Feb-07, 12:31
Jeid,
Once again you show yourself as the pedantic sad git we all love you for!!:confused

And now who's turned to name calling? Tut tut... you should know better.

Plus, if you're going to insult one of the greatest modern day punk bands by comparing them to that drivel you posted, then you could at least spell their name right.

Deemac
08-Feb-07, 13:57
Ahh, Jeid you've made me a much happier man!!

You do not approve of my music and you seem to like to be rude enough to air your views in public!!

Given the dreadful time-tripping noise you seem to like producing I can place your musical judgements on the level of insignificant and irrelevant.

You have a talent for repeatedly degrading a fairly straight forward public interest thread into petty word-play, nit-picking and personal insults!!

How pathetic . . . .

Jeid
08-Feb-07, 15:19
Having heard some of the music you've produced and produced for others... I take your musical views as irrelevant. Don't give up the day job eh?

Everyone has their opinion. I don't expect someone like you to enjoy the music I'm involved in. Unlike you however, I love criticism of the music that my band is creating. It inspires me... unlike you, a 41 year old(?) man, who takes a little bit of criticism(of music created many moons ago) and throws his toys out of the pram like a little baby. Awww. Here's your rattle back.

I don't see my opinions as rude. I see it as my opinion, I'm pretty sure other people would see it as that too. I was simply filling in facts earlier... but since you seem to be getting all smart... then hell, I don't mind doing the same... I can be childish too :D

What I find amusing is, that as soon as I call the music drivel, you come back with that response?

You've got some cheek calling me pathetic.

I miss arguing with Gleber2... at least he acted his age and had a decent point.(That's a compliment btw)

Metalattakk
08-Feb-07, 15:49
Loud Noises!!!

Gleber2
08-Feb-07, 15:58
I miss arguing with Gleber2... at least he acted his age and had a decent point.(That's a compliment btw)

I decided that to ignore you was the best course because, by acting my age, I have given up arguing with the ego-driven ignorance of post adolescent boys who have not lived long enough to have learned enough to make an argument positive and worthwhile. Have your pedantic fun, Jeid, but you made it very obvious, a long time ago, that your points, in the main, are worthless.

Jeid
08-Feb-07, 16:16
Ah... the good old age driven thing that you do. Oh how I miss an old man telling me how I have a big ego and that I'm ignorant. It's true love Gleber2, just admit it. You miss our tiffs as much as I do.

I love how you admit to acting like a child before though :D

Gleber2
08-Feb-07, 16:32
Ah... the good old age driven thing that you do. Oh how I miss an old man telling me how I have a big ego and that I'm ignorant. It's true love Gleber2, just admit it. You miss our tiffs as much as I do.

I love how you admit to acting like a child before though :D

One is tempted, one has declined. One day when you grow up you'll understand.

Jeid
08-Feb-07, 16:58
Damn... Almost tempted you. Would've been fun.

Deemac
08-Feb-07, 17:06
I decided that to ignore you was the best course because, by acting my age, I have given up arguing with the ego-driven ignorance of post adolescent boys who have not lived long enough to have learned enough to make an argument positive and worthwhile. Have your pedantic fun, Jeid, but you made it very obvious, a long time ago, that your points, in the main, are worthless.

Gleber - Hear, hear. I agree.

This insignificant little man (boy) is not worth responding to any further.

Some growing up is required. One day when he's 41 (am I suppost to take this as a personal dig?) he may understand!! (though I doubt it).

Valid posts are being wasted and twisted by this particular individual.

Jeid
08-Feb-07, 17:12
This statement obviously coming from someone as significant to the world as a chocolate fireguard?

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/images/smilies/band.gif

Want anyone else to fight your little battles for you?

And the age wasn't a dig, I was thinking out loud. I feel so upset at your big boy bullying tactics that I may go and cry. Boohoo boohoo...

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/images/smilies/sleepy.gif

the_big_mac
08-Feb-07, 20:08
This insignificant little man (boy) is not worth responding to any further.

Valid posts are being wasted and twisted by this particular individual.

I think his posts are lethal, mon the Jeid :D ;) !

Jeid
08-Feb-07, 23:43
*falls off seat laughing*

Saveman
09-Feb-07, 01:33
Sorry to bring the thread back to it's original theme. :roll:

I enjoyed this vid.....an electro-pop group is always interesting live, I thought it was good...I've certainly heard worse....a lot worse....

Deemac
09-Feb-07, 09:18
Saveman,
Never apologies for bringing a thread back on track. Good for you.:D

Glad you and the other relevant posters found this vid intersting. I just wish the crowd pan shots were clearer on the Youtube version. (Your retstricted to posts of files less than 10 minutes long and/or 100Mb in size - My original file size is 1.1Gb!!)

More to follow.