PDA

View Full Version : Roads not cleared

Tristan
07-Feb-07, 18:33
Does anyone know why the Thurso to Wick road has been in a such a bad state with uncleared snow these last two days?
Who is responsible for the road this year?

Metalattakk
07-Feb-07, 18:38
The council has the Wick to Georgemas junction part of it, and TransServe has the Georgemas to Thurso part.

Cattach
07-Feb-07, 19:51
Does anyone know why the Thurso to Wick road has been in a such a bad state with uncleared snow these last two days?

No snow on the actual road this morning (some on the side) when I went to Wick nor when I came back at the middle of the day.

sweetpea
07-Feb-07, 20:11
Today was ok but yesterday I was quite surprised by the amount of snow on the road, but then I've had 2 lucky escapes sliding off the road since xmas so not sure if it's the roads or the car. Ive been driving for a few years now and never lost my confidence like this before. Both times were on black ice and I know we havent had many days like this but I happened to be caught out.

gollach
07-Feb-07, 23:22

Are you talking about the Watten road or the Castletown road?

Personally, I have always found the Watten road to be the icier of the two.

Fran
08-Feb-07, 01:26
I just hope it is clear tomorrow morning when i take a family member to Raigmore.