PDA

View Full Version : Are Tesco At It Again!

bluemafia
27-Sep-13, 15:23
Tesco have a promotion on at the moment - 20% off all "clothing" Fri,Sat and Sun, but for some reason Nightwear and Lingerie are not included. Does anybody anybody have a clue as to why these items are not classed as "clothing" :confused

outsidethebox
27-Sep-13, 15:37
well I guess because tesco have decided what they wish to discount...

sids
27-Sep-13, 17:46
Wear outer clothing in bed. Problem solved.

Tilly Teckel
27-Sep-13, 17:51
Maybe you'd be better asking Tesco...?

Big Gaz
27-Sep-13, 18:13
Probably for the same reason that Homebase have their 25% off all kitchens offer on and you go in to buy one and are told "sorry, that kitchen isn't in the sale" but the sign clearly states ALL kitchens. Work that one out!

mi16
27-Sep-13, 18:20
Probably for the same reason that Homebase have their 25% off all kitchens offer on and you go in to buy one and are told "sorry, that kitchen isn't in the sale" but the sign clearly states ALL kitchens. Work that one out!There will be small print

secrets in symmetry
27-Sep-13, 22:13
Tesco have a promotion on at the moment - 20% off all "clothing" Fri,Sat and Sun, but for some reason Nightwear and Lingerie are not included. Does anybody anybody have a clue as to why these items are not classed as "clothing" :confusedLingerie isn't clothing, it's temptation. :cool:

What would be the point in taking 20% of lingerie off? It's much more interesting when it's all off. :cool:

Kevin Milkins
27-Sep-13, 22:25
Who needs clothing? chill out and have a beer.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/p480x480/1002502_1379476798945960_408386150_n.jpg

Dadie
27-Sep-13, 22:59
Matbe its just clothing they want shoppers to wear "on show" Thats in the sale...you ever seen the walmart customer clothing disasters on the tinterweb?
No shopping in jammies or just undies.......

Southern-Gal
28-Sep-13, 05:42
Maybe because lingerie and night wear dont go in an out of fashion like clothes that are worn whilst out and about. Sale items are on sale whilst they are still fairly fashionable or they would be stuck with them.

orkneycadian
28-Sep-13, 06:48
No shopping in jammies or just undies.......

Beige or otherwise! ;)

Alice in Blunderland
28-Sep-13, 07:05
sales in the retail sector are often targeted at items that they want to have a push on to get sales going or items which may be going out of seasons.....eg summer clothes on sale to make room for winter stock. As Christmas is approaching aghhhh nightwear/lingerie will be selling just fine without any need to be tossed in the sale and also this is one of your items that will sell all year regardless of season.

secrets in symmetry
28-Sep-13, 10:57
Surely you don't have a need for knowledge of lingerie, Alice. I thought you didn't wear any....

Alice in Blunderland
28-Sep-13, 17:46
Surely you don't have a need for knowledge of lingerie, Alice. I thought you didn't wear any....LOL SIS I DO buy it.......just as the night goes on .......I kind off.........ahem........lose it ;)

secrets in symmetry
28-Sep-13, 20:27
LOL SIS I DO buy it.......just as the night goes on .......I kind off.........ahem........lose it ;)Have you ever thought of carrying a spare pair in your handbag - just in case?

Alice in Blunderland
28-Sep-13, 21:11
Have you ever thought of carrying a spare pair in your handbag - just in case?Jeez NO WAY....can you imagine it Alice needs to blow her nose and hey presto as if by magic out comes a pair of lacy smalls or larges in Alices case in front of everyone.....imagine the embarrassment .......

2little2late
28-Sep-13, 21:19
Tesco sucks! They do what they please. I hate Tesco with a passion. And yes TESCO have software that when TESCO is mentioned on a networking site TESCO can track it. Well guess what. I HATE TESCO.

secrets in symmetry
28-Sep-13, 21:20
Jeez NO WAY....can you imagine it Alice needs to blow her nose and hey presto as if by magic out comes a pair of lacy smalls or larges in Alices case in front of everyone.....imagine the embarrassment .......Surely you don't need Bridget Jones' size in an emergency. A skimpy pair in opaque packaging should do the trick. :cool:

I bought cheap shoes from Tesco once. They were comfortable, but they didn't last long.

mi16
28-Sep-13, 21:23
Tesco sucks! They do what they please.As do we all

Alice in Blunderland
28-Sep-13, 21:23
Surely you don't need Bridget Jones' size in an emergency. A skimpy pair in opaque packaging should do the trick. :cool:Nah I'd just lose the handbag I would have them in. Anyways Tesco are open twenty four hours in most places so hey Tesco problem solved lol

secrets in symmetry
28-Sep-13, 21:40
Nah I'd just lose the handbag I would have them in. Anyways Tesco are open twenty four hours in most places so hey Tesco problem solved lolLol!

Tesco may be open 24 hours, but you'd still have to travel there in an 'al fresco' state.

A better solution might be to use a mobile phone case that doubles as an emergency pair.

pat
29-Sep-13, 11:56
Tesco's ain't open 24 hours a day in Lewis and DEFINITLY closed on Sundays - the only one in UK to be closed on a Sunday (probably until they find a site, get permission to build a new 24 hour a day 7 days a week store!)

Big Gaz
29-Sep-13, 12:37
I heard the Islanders in Lewis trained dogs to fetch the peat from the stack so they don't have to go out themselves and if seen, be accused of working on the sabbath. What's going to happen if Tesco do open on a Sunday in Lewis? who will dare work for them?