PDA

View Full Version : SCHOOL TRIP - Roads??

girnigoe
13-Mar-05, 21:50
Can anyone help my friend??

Her child is away with the school to Edinburgh on a trip tomorrow and she is worried sick about the roads!!

Does anyone know what they are like at the moment or what they may be like tomorrow?

Or has any other parent heard anything about the trip that I can pass on to my friend??

Thanks in advance :D

The Angel Of Death
13-Mar-05, 21:58
I know my uncle and aunt are stuck at the ord right now coming back from inverness snow is coming off the hills etc and the driving aint to good

2little2late
13-Mar-05, 22:27
I know my uncle and aunt are stuck at the ord right now coming back from inverness snow is coming off the hills etc and the driving aint to good

I sincerely hope the gritters are out.

johndy
13-Mar-05, 22:28
I have just come up from Inverness with a bus and the roads around the Ord are bad, and the Newport area is really terrible,the wind is pretty strong and snow is starting to drift in these areas, Castletown is also bad with wind I was nearly blow off the road. :eyes

girnigoe
13-Mar-05, 22:30
Does anyone from Wick North School know anything yet or is it a case of wait until tomorrow?

Andrew
13-Mar-05, 22:35

girnigoe
13-Mar-05, 22:36
Unfortunately it isnt a bus company from up here who are going to be driving them! ;)

brandy
13-Mar-05, 23:14
hiya hun .. just checked at teh moment roads are open but affected by snow.. tis all i know!

The Angel Of Death
13-Mar-05, 23:16
Well there back now said the roads are mental its all coming off the hills and its like a bottle out said a gritter passed them but it didnt seem to be gritting the road though

Seems its all over with very little road not covered as well

Edit - Also they said the had to be pushed through the ord its that bad

Naefearjustbeer
14-Mar-05, 20:57
www.nadics.org.uk give road reports and I have found it usefull in the past

girnigoe
14-Mar-05, 21:55
Thanks very much everyone for your replies.

They got away perfectly and the roads were fine!

She just has to worry about the roads home now!!! :D