PDA

View Full Version : Well done!

Kasper King
22-Sep-13, 10:00
I see in the local paper that the Friends of CD have done it again! :D
What can I say this is the third or fourth very good cause that they have raised money for to remember there friend Christopher.
I cannot praise them enough and say well done Ladies and Gentlemen in keeping his memory alive.

mi16
22-Sep-13, 13:10
Good stuff, glad to see their focus being maintained.

QUADBIKER
24-Sep-13, 23:25
yes well done to all the boys once again for giving up there day to help somone in need and a big think you to all that came along to get there car washed without you we would not have these car washes 1,100 ats damm good for a day and will go a long way to helping someone in need the lads are talking about there next fund riser and there will be more to come and this is for there love of there friend chrisatopher i am so proud to know these were my soms frends great lads fill of respect thank you all

DunnetKnowe
26-Sep-13, 11:11
the lads are talking about there next fund riser

I can suggest a couple of worthy causes. Perhaps they could raise funds for a cause which educates teenagers and their parents on the hazards of racing around wrecklessly in cars. Or perhaps raise some funds for the local police force so that they can increase their presence and take off the road those who choose to endanger themselves and others.

QUADBIKER
26-Sep-13, 14:21
I can suggest a couple of worthy causes. Perhaps they could raise funds for a cause which educates teenagers and their parents on the hazards of racing around wrecklessly in cars. Or perhaps raise some funds for the local police force so that they can increase their presence and take off the road those who choose to endanger themselves and others.by all means but me and the boys would like to have you here to meet you and we can show you just what we can do

DunnetKnowe
26-Sep-13, 19:36
by all means but me and the boys would like to have you here to meet you and we can show you just what we can do

My, my - resorting to intimidating threads on a public forum ?

rogermellie
26-Sep-13, 19:42
My, my - resorting to intimidating threads on a public forum ?

get a grip man, you were hoping to provoke a response like that from quadbiker with your previous reply :roll:

mi16
26-Sep-13, 19:57
My, my - resorting to intimidating threads on a public forum ?Didn't see anything intimidating in it.

QUADBIKER
26-Sep-13, 20:31
My, my - resorting to intimidating threads on a public forum ?my my what an ldiot you are dont you want to help us to rise money

laguna2
26-Sep-13, 20:44
Didn't see anything intimidating in it.

Have to agree with you mi16. As far as I can see it was a genuine invitation to meet the fund raisers and see what they do!

DunnetKnowe
26-Sep-13, 20:55
rise money I think the word to add to your vocabulary is 'raise'. Anyway, 'charity' is always a great excuse to dress up something with an air of respectability.

Kevin Milkins
26-Sep-13, 21:07
Well done to the young uns with the fund raising, I missed out again as my vehicle needs a clean.

QUADBIKER
26-Sep-13, 21:26
[QUOandTE=DunnetKnowe;1048959]I think the word to add to your vocabulary is 'raise'. Anyway, 'charity' is always a great excuse to dress up something with an air of respectability.[/QUOTE] and by this you mean what

joxville
26-Sep-13, 21:54
DuznyKnow snipes again. Your beef about young people and their driving habits has been discussed at length on a previous thread, instead of hijacking this thread, start a new one with your complaints. I've had a look at your posting history, you really are a miserable git, is there any happiness in your life? Not that I care anyway.

sweetpea
27-Sep-13, 00:40
When is the next one please?,my car is manky too, had it done from you before and was chuffed with results. Plus think what your all doing is a real contribution to the community! :0)

Miss Dizzy
27-Sep-13, 06:34
Quadbiker, what you and the lads have done has been fantastic. Ignore the idiots who are clearly just out to spoil the thread. I think what you are doing is doing such a lot for the local youngsters and there are always going to be killjoys out there.

DunnetKnowe
27-Sep-13, 08:02
and by this you mean what Charity is more often than not used to ease the conscience of the giver rather than out of any concern for the beneficiary.

mi16
27-Sep-13, 09:54
Charity is more often than not used to ease the conscience of the giver rather than out of any concern for the beneficiary.

Really..surely you need to back up such a statement with fact, please elaborate

changilass
27-Sep-13, 12:12
Why feed the troll?

Ignore it, it may just go away.

linnie612
27-Sep-13, 12:34
Why feed the troll?

Ignore it, it may just go away.

My sentiments exactly. There are other threads where he can spew his vitriol. Leave this one to concentrate on the positive.

QUADBIKER
27-Sep-13, 13:55
there will be more car washes we will keep helping people who need a little kindness in this world we live in and most people go out of there way to help us doing this we do live in a great place with great people people who care about others long may it stay this way if and when the people stop coming to our car wash we will call it a day but i know that wont happen to the boys who wash the cars and show so much respect for there friend my son thank you to the people who come along and give thank you with your help and klndness we will be here for a long time

donnick
27-Sep-13, 15:16
well done to all involved and for doing it in memory of your friend, son, family member ,I am sure the charity are very grateful for you organised donation and will put it to good use to benefit someone .WELL DONE ALL involved

orkneycadian
27-Sep-13, 21:06
Good to hear that they are using safe and constructive means to raise money for good causes, and in memory of a departed friend.

secrets in symmetry
27-Sep-13, 22:22
Charity is more often than not used to ease the conscience of the giver rather than out of any concern for the beneficiary.That's an interesting comment, and I think it's an emotion that many charities prey upon rather successfully.

Kasper King
29-Sep-13, 19:28
Charity is more often than not used to ease the conscience of the giver rather than out of any concern for the beneficiary.
You don't half talk some rubbish, the people know what the money is going for. If they donate they are helping there community not easing there conscience.
You are a strange person, if this is your view of people I suggest you get some professional help!