PDA

View Full Version : shooting star/meteor

dubzter
22-Sep-13, 00:06
Anyone else see that shooting star/meteor tonight, it just happened (midnight) lit up the entire sky? From Staxigoe it passed over Noss head way from south to north.

carasmam
23-Sep-13, 00:45
Anyone else see that shooting star/meteor tonight, it just happened (midnight) lit up the entire sky? From Staxigoe it passed over Noss head way from south to north.

Hey, saw the exact same one I reckon. Myself and a mate were driving north at Thrumster, saw the bright flash then saw this blue/green ball with a short pink afterglow for several seconds on quite a low trajectory going roughly east to west. Was fairly big and pretty special to see. Been looking to see any word of what it was all day - might hear soon!

Kevin Milkins
23-Sep-13, 05:51
I would have loved to have seen that.

I've just come in from walking the dog and it is a wonderful star strewn sky, but not much activity.

Invisible
23-Sep-13, 13:18
I'm glad someone else saw it and I wasnt the only one thought I was going spare. The green glow caught my eye almost a blink and you'll miss it. I saw it heading towards Camster on the A99 as I was heading south.

Liz
23-Sep-13, 13:21
Didn't see it but wish I had! The night sky is looking really bonnie just now. :)

dubzter
23-Sep-13, 18:14
Hey, saw the exact same one I reckon. Myself and a mate were driving north at Thrumster, saw the bright flash then saw this blue/green ball with a short pink afterglow for several seconds on quite a low trajectory going roughly east to west. Was fairly big and pretty special to see. Been looking to see any word of what it was all day - might hear soon!

I'm glad someone else saw it and I wasnt the only one thought I was going spare. The green glow caught my eye almost a blink and you'll miss it. I saw it heading towards Camster on the A99 as I was heading south.

Yeah it was the blue/green that really got me, haven't seen anything about it online anywhere. Wish I'd had my camera out at the time.

Kevin Milkins
24-Sep-13, 07:38
I think I may have worked it out.:eek:

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p320x320/534330_10202127918545645_135900403_n.jpg

carasmam
25-Sep-13, 10:24
It was a Delorean !! :lol: