PDA

View Full Version : Vacuuming - Good Exercise And Time to Make Decisions

Bill Fernie
07-Feb-07, 10:31
An item on www.thisislondon.co.uk
at
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23384570-details/Trail+of+dust+that+could+take+you+to+New+York+and+ back/article.do
The article says its good all round exercise, women do far more than men and make some big life decisions whilst doing it.

Women do the equivalent of 7300 miles in a lifetime - Here to New York and Back whilst men average 850 miles - Landsend to John O'Groats.

So who will admit to only doing Wick to Thurso. I might make it to Edinburgh but ask the wife.

emszxr
07-Feb-07, 10:40
i hoover twice a day minimum. so i wonder where in the world i will make it to

Marty McFly
07-Feb-07, 11:13
i hoover twice a day minimum. so i wonder where in the world i will make it to

Hey emszxr, when can you come round to my house?!!! :lol:

MadPict
07-Feb-07, 11:27
I'm Chief Dyson Driver round here due to my circumstances. I did try and swing a customised ride on lawnmower to make the job easier but as the salesman pointed out the stairs could be a problem.
I'm still trying to figure out an alternative - maybe a quad bike or one of those Argo Cats - they seem to be able to tackle steep slopes...

:D

golach
07-Feb-07, 11:32
I'm Chief Dyson Driver round here
:D
MP, me too, bought Mrs G a Dyson to help her with her household chores........But its too heavy for her, (her words) so I am the Chief Dyson Driver here also, is there a club we can join?

Bill Fernie
07-Feb-07, 12:26
I am now informed by she who knows I would be lucky to make it to Thrumster.

Greenrunner
07-Feb-07, 12:51
Maybe they are trying to point out something else? Think of the damage done to a hoover sucking up all that water!

johno
07-Feb-07, 13:07
he he. i guess id make it to the top of our street. im banned from the kitchen and household tools.

Angela
07-Feb-07, 13:17
My thoughts certainly do wander while I'm hoovering -not quite sure where to though...:confused
and I don't think I've ever made any big decisions mid-vacuum! :eek:

Dusty
07-Feb-07, 13:19
Aye right girls!
A good try but I'm not falling for that one, "hoover yersel fit and reach important decisions as well".
I can get fit walking to and from the pub where I think you'll find most major decisions and solutions to world problems are reached anyway.

Truth now.
I do the hoovering as well when called upon.

btw dinnae tell the wife wit ah said!

Dusty.

MadPict
07-Feb-07, 14:09
Golach,
Often, as I fly my state of the art Dyson DC01 DustBuster around the theatre of operations, I wonder about the innocent dustmites I am getting rid of and whether the training I have received is enough to allow me to make such life and death decisions about organisms on a lower level than myself.

Do I/we really have the right to remove them from the nice environment they have found themselves in, sook 'em up into the cyclone that is my bagless device, possibly doing them no good in the process, then when it is all done and dusted, throw them like some piece of trash into the wheelie bin.

Don't they have rights? Do they deserve to be maimed and killed in such a fashion, all in the name of a clean home? We carpet bomb them and other living creatures with chemical weapons with horrendous consequences wiping out whole generations of mites, possibly leaving orphan mites to fend for themselves. This is genocide on a whole new level.

Does a dust mite not have a face? (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.astrographics.com/GalleryPrints/Display/GP2054.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.astrographics.com/GalleryPrintsIndex/GP2054.html&h=360&w=360&sz=23&hl=en&start=15&tbnid=3E81_oKSoD3IHM:&tbnh=121&tbnw=121&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddust%2Bmite%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26 client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN)

Now where's my cluster bombs....

johno
07-Feb-07, 19:19
hi madpict, we could have done without seeing the pic of the mite,s head ,the wife will be going mad wi the vacume forever now.[lol]