PDA

View Full Version : Your prayers are asked

North Rhins
06-Feb-07, 23:52
Please join with me and say a prayer for those poor, unfortunate souls in London who are going to experience, tomorrow, the unmitigated horror of snow! We cannot begin to imagine the terror which is about to befall them. This terrible white fluffy stuff is going to bring chaos to our beloved English capital. The 6.45 to Paddington will no doubt be cancelled due to frozen points.(I experienced this once after a particularly cold motorcycle trip. I found that thirty minutes in a hot bath seemed to ease the problem). Offices will no doubt remain closed, or at best manned by a few valiant members of staff who have shown a stiff upper lip (for a cure see above) and battled through the blizzard conditions to man/woman their desks. Be prepared for a run on the stock exchange and the pound to tumble. Why does this have to happen in February, how are they expected to anticipate this sort of thing happening, it can only be attributed to global warming.

Woolie
07-Feb-07, 16:31
Lol know wat u mean when I lived in England just a covering and all hell broke lose as for is well it is snowing hard here and its freeving lol but we will keep going will we no.:roll: :roll:

Metalattakk
07-Feb-07, 18:47
Hehe! Then you get 40mph winds classed as 'gale-force' and they're battening down the hatches, whereas we just call it a 'good drying day'!

H Bob
07-Feb-07, 19:21
Shiver me timbers! Thought we had it bad here in moose country where the tempt is minus 13 just now and getting colder (been minus 18 last few mornings). We have no problems everything goes on as normal.

George Brims
08-Feb-07, 01:45
Hey never mind mocking the Londoners, in my time in Edinburgh I remember how the whole place used to come to a halt if it dropped an inch or two of snow.

Now if you think that's bad, imagine the looks on people's faces a couple of weeks ago when it snowed in Southern California, in the hills behind Malibu! Kanan Road, from Malibu north, was still blocked the following morning.