PDA

View Full Version : Baillie Turbine Names

Tubthumper
19-Sep-13, 20:32
Baillie Windfarm recently had a competition for local bairns to name a Turbine. In passing today I noticed that 'Thor', "Cool Caithness', 'Castlehill' and my personal favourite 'Max Power' have been labelled, anyone know what the other 17 are called?

mi16
19-Sep-13, 21:39
Baillie Windfarm recently had a competition for local bairns to name a Turbine. In passing today I noticed that 'Thor', "Cool Caithness', 'Castlehill' and my personal favourite 'Max Power' have been labelled, anyone know what the other 17 are called?

ching, ching, ching, ching, ching, ching, ching, ching, ching, ching, ching, ching, ching, ching, ching, ching & ching

Tubthumper
19-Sep-13, 21:48
Ha ha very good. But seriously

mi16
19-Sep-13, 21:54
Ha ha very good. But seriouslyKerching x17?

farmgirl
19-Sep-13, 22:13
There's one called 'Calvin Harris'!

secrets in symmetry
19-Sep-13, 22:51
One should definitely be named ywindythesecond.

A pair should be named olivia and tilter.

I forget the names of the forum's other tilters....

Rheghead
19-Sep-13, 23:04
One should definitely be named ywindythesecond.

A pair should be named olivia and tilter.

I forget the names of the forum's other tilters....

I thought someone cheekily suggested that turbine number 2 should be called windythesecond?

secrets in symmetry
19-Sep-13, 23:08
I thought someone cheekily suggested that turbine number 2 should be called windythesecond?Good idea!

Turbine number 1 should then be ywindy. :cool:

Rheghead
19-Sep-13, 23:11
Good idea!

Turbine number 1 should then be ywindy. :cool:

Arguably, if ywindythesecond didn't exist then Baillie windfarm wouldn't either. ;)

secrets in symmetry
19-Sep-13, 23:15
Arguably, if ywindythesecond didn't exist then Baillie windfarm wouldn't either. ;)Interesting....

Can you elaborate?

secrets in symmetry
19-Sep-13, 23:17
Other appropriate names for turbines are oddbloke, and that UKIP Wailing wifie from Southend....

Green_not_greed
19-Sep-13, 23:37
Interesting....

Can you elaborate?

Yes quite.... there should also be a Smeghead turbine given the affection/adulation and support given to this development by our very own Rheghead during the public inquiry. He submitted supporting information and attended the inquiry day by day, sitting with the developers, yet to this day continues to deny that he has ever been "in their pocket". He gave the impression at the inquiry that he was a typical Reay resident yet can't see any of the turbines from his house! I think this says it all. I do admire his posts on many a subject but Baillie is not something that his posts were fully warranted on.

mi16
19-Sep-13, 23:43
Other appropriate names for turbines are oddbloke, and that UKIP Wailing wifie from Southend....Rich beyond my wildest dreams

secrets in symmetry
20-Sep-13, 00:50
Yes quite.... there should also be a Smeghead turbine given the affection/adulation and support given to this development by our very own Rheghead during the public inquiry. He submitted supporting information and attended the inquiry day by day, sitting with the developers, yet to this day continues to deny that he has ever been "in their pocket". He gave the impression at the inquiry that he was a typical Reay resident yet can't see any of the turbines from his house! I think this says it all. I do admire his posts on many a subject but Baillie is not something that his posts were fully warranted on.Ok....

But what does that have to do with ywindythesecond?

Tubthumper
20-Sep-13, 13:54
Yeah yeah yeah... names please?

Tubthumper
20-Sep-13, 13:56
There's one called 'Calvin Harris'! Thanks farmgirl. Appreciated.

secrets in symmetry
21-Sep-13, 00:23
Yeah yeah yeah... names please?Are you itching for one to be named after you?

I suggest we name the others uranium, plutonium, coal, oil and gas. :cool:

Rheghead
21-Sep-13, 06:47
Yes quite.... there should also be a Smeghead turbine given the affection/adulation and support given to this development by our very own Rheghead during the public inquiry. He submitted supporting information and attended the inquiry day by day, sitting with the developers, yet to this day continues to deny that he has ever been "in their pocket". He gave the impression at the inquiry that he was a typical Reay resident yet can't see any of the turbines from his house! I think this says it all. I do admire his posts on many a subject but Baillie is not something that his posts were fully warranted on.

I continue to be a typical Reay resident who debunks the lies made by past and present antiwind farm activists and I continue to have no personal financial connection with Baillie Windfarm.

Oh, and you need to look in your own backyard before you make such scurrilous accusations, that is why you resigned from CWIF, wasn't it?

Big Gaz
21-Sep-13, 10:25
hmm, names for turbines....

1. Screw you
2. Spin, spin, spin
3. I'm all right jack!
4. Watts up doc
5. Ha, Ha, Ha!
6. How Much?
7. What's in it for us?
8. Priceless
9. Robin the 'hood
10. Planning department hideout
11. ScRWEy
12. My Precious
13. Unlucky for some (only the locals)
14. Klondyke 1, 2, 3, 4 etc etc etc
15. Rescrewable Energy
16. Easy income
17. Now you see me!

just a few sarcastic names from me :-)

secrets in symmetry
21-Sep-13, 11:09
I continue to be a typical Reay resident who debunks the lies made by past and present antiwind farm activists and I continue to have no personal financial connection with Baillie Windfarm. I thought it might have been that issue again....

I'm amazed that more anti-windy tilters aren't locked up for the masses of lies they tell to the public.

The same goes for secessionists.

Can one hunt them in the dark legally?

Big Gaz
22-Sep-13, 11:28
I thought it might have been that issue again....

I'm amazed that more anti-windy tilters aren't locked up for the masses of lies they tell to the public.

The same goes for secessionists.

Can one hunt them in the dark legally?

Only with .22 rifles......:eek:

ywindythesecond
22-Sep-13, 19:18
Hey guys, why don't you email me to tell me when you are having a potshot? There's no fun in bear-baiting without the bear!!!

squidge
23-Sep-13, 10:22
No need secrets we are right here in the daylight honey.... Whats the saying? Come and have a go.....? Green not Greed, you are always very free with your accusations about Rheghead but i have never seen any concrete evidence. Im sure if you had you would have given it to those people who matter and shouted it from the highest wind turbine you could find. If you have no evidence then I would suggest its time to talk about someone else!